Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Cayman Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi easy87. PFS' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cayman with 10,000 miles per year are .00118 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for the other models that you mentioned are as follows:

2011 Cayman S MT: .00118 and 52%.

2012 Base Cayman: .00118 and 56%.

2012 Cayman S: .00118 and 55%.

I'm not positive, but I suspect that the residual values for leases with only 7,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • a46spia46spi Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Would you happen to have the residual and MF for a,

2011 Base Cayman Automatic (PDK),

18 - 30 months with 10k miles per year?

Would you happen to know the bank acquisition fee of Porsche FS as well?

Thanks in advance!
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Posts: 6
    Can you tell me what the current MRM is for a 2012 Cayman S with PDK?
    Thanks
  • majcnemajcne Posts: 1
    My 2008 Cayman lease expires in October of this year. What will my buyout be if I decide to purchase the vehicle?
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    This is spelled out in your lease contract. the buyout price is shown (the residual) and if this is a PFS lease there will be both a lease turn in fee and a lease buyout fee (you pay either way). So your buyout price would be the residual + fee + sales tax on these two (most states) plus some tags and title fees (most places).
    Here you go a46spi.

Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cayman with 10,000 miles per year are definitely .00118 and I believe but am not positive 61%, respectively.

The money factor for an 18 month lease is much better at .00030.

I believe that PFS' base acquisition fee is $895.

Car_man
    Host
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Posts: 6
    Anyone have them? Looking for rates for 2012 Cayman S with PDK, 12k/yr, 36 months.
    I do saeyedoc. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Cayman S with PDK and 12,000 miles per year are 00118 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mangoolermangooler Posts: 3
    I'm Looking for:

2012 Cayman (not S) PDK for 36 months + 15,000 miles.

What is the money factor and the residual?
  • keflexkeflex Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I'm looking at a 3 yr lease on a base 2011 Cayman PDK. One of the local dealers in Atlanta is quoting a rate .00158 till the end of the month. First, is that good to begin with? Any idea when July numbers will be available?

thx
    Hi mangooler. Porsche Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Cayman PDK with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi keflex. PFS' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayman PDK with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    I wouild try to find a dealer that does not mark up the lease rates. Bonus if they do not charge a doc / prep fee. My dealer charges neither so you start out way ahead when looking for a deal...
  • easy87easy87 Posts: 11
    My 2008 Cayman lease is ending and I am interested in leasing a new 2012 Cayman S. What are the latest/current lease residual and money factor for a Cayman S for 36 months at 7,500 miles/yr?

Is the 36 month lease the "sweet spot" on the best lease rates/deal for a Cayman S lease?
    Hello easy87. Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Cayman S with 7,500 miles per year are .00118 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Cayman's most attractive lease money factor on the 2012 Cayman is actually for 18 month leases, .00030. The 36 month term is still decent though.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2011
    I appreciate the info. I am in a bit of a delimma....

I finally found a dealer that has the changable custom build slot I need and they are willing to play ball with the 3-5% over invoice deal I want (rather than the 10-11% that sticker represents over invoice) and I have my 2012 Cayman S all configured (74K MSRP as configured including all 'Porsche exclusive' options I have opted for) and I'm 100% ready to order but my concern is that I have no idea what may happen with these lease numbers between now and my November or December delivery.

Is this a common problem where if you want a custom build for a lease you just have to "take a leap of faith" that the lease deal wont change drastically for the worse between your order deposit commitment and your delivery date? I am told that there is no way to lock in the lease rates that are in place with PFS at the time of the order even though I am making the deposit commitment to the car. Thoughts? Advice?

Also, interesting to hear that the "sweet spot" best deal on the Cayman S lease is now the 18 month at a money factor of .00030. I would not mind owning the car 3 years but the 18 month may be a better way to go with that in mind.

What is the risidual on that 18 month at 7,500 miles per/yr?

Also factored into this thought process and decision is the unknown and rumor on a Cayman redesign for 2013 or 2014 model year. Any insight or speculation that you may have on that?

I really appreciate as much detailed response and insight, thoughts, opinions as you are willing to share with me on my thought process here. Thanks.
    edited August 2011
    When you get a chance, please reply to my post above. Thanks! I greatly appreciate it.
    You're welcome easy87. Some manufacturers, like BMW, will let consumers lock-in the lease program that is available on the vehicle that they want at the time they place their order and then take advantage of whichever is better, that program or the current one, when they take delivery. I'm not sure if Porsche offers such a program, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer and see what they say because PFS' current lease program is only scheduled to run through September 30th and it's difficult to say what it will be like later in the year.

I'm not sure what the 18 month, 7,500 mile residual value is for this car, but I'll see if I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2011
    Any luck finding out the residual and money factor combo details for both 18 month and 24 month leases on a 2012 Cayman S (manual) with 7,500 miles/yr? Thanks.

Also, do you know if there is a mileage allowance option below 7,500? Didnt there use to be a 5,000 mi/yr option that gave you a 1 percent bump up on residual from the 7,500 mi/yr option?
  • Hi Carman:

I am looking at leasing this vehicle.

Can you provide the following --

18 month lease (still the best?) - residual and MF
    24 month lease - same
    36 month lease - same

Also do you know if there is any dealer cash on this car? Thank you so much!!!!!!!