Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am towards the end of my lease and looking for a new car. The Edge is on my list and I have a question for you folks.
    I have read that depreciation in the first year is about 15% to 25%. So if we are looking at a 2007, shouldnt they be about 15-25% less at this time of year if there are a bunch sitting on the lot, or am I way off base. :confuse:
    going by Fords website there are a ton of 2007 Edge's in my area (central NJ) but I have not requested quotes yet.
    any input would be appreciated.

AC
  • You are off base. The leftover 2007 models will have lower lease residuals than the 2008 models and the other incentives will be higher on the 2007 models as well. The reason there are so many 2007's left is that they were being made through last Friday 9/14. 2008 Production starts tomorrow. There will still be new 2007's arriving at dealers for several more weeks.
  • Wow - 2007 Edges made thru September? Would've thought they'd stop making this model year back in mid June...Shows ya what I know :blush:
  • To all,

About 2 weeks ago, I picked up a 2007 Ford Edge SEL+, copper with black leather, 18" alloys, Vista-view. Audiophile 9 spkr sound system, etc. I really like the vehicle and get a lot of compliments on it. As to the deal, I live in metro Atlanta and there are many dealerships, so pricing is competitive. Initially, dealerships were quick to agree to drop sticker by 5400 in order to move inventory. The vehicle stickered at 32,810 and we paid around 26,600 for the Edge. With all of the discounts taken on the vehicle, special financing rates were not available. While the price was great, the dealership experience was rotten with a salesman who didn't know anything about the car, a less than knowledgeable service department, difficult parts group, no vehicle delivery, car was dirty at delivery as well as a variety of other problems. When the salesman stopped talking to me about my experience, he then emailed my wife at our home. Customer service agent for the dealership has dropped off the face of the earth. Car purchased at Jim Tidwell Ford in Kennesaw, GA. Avoid this dealership.
  • & congrats to the EDGE family.. $6200 off Mrsp not bad.. I got $4600 & zero % which I could not turn down.. but last week took the the Men out for Golf at Presido in SF, & everybody love it, total of 3 men & 3 bags which was no problem for room, even the 6'5" & 250 lbs sat in the rear seat & he love the ride (he usually rides in the front of my 95 Explorer because it would be tight in the rear seat) now on to bigger & better & comfy ride.. Hit them straight. :) P.S. Did this forum help you buy the Edge.. Hope so..
  • I love my Edge! The simple solution to the dashboard reflection in the windshield is to wear polarized sunglasses. It eliminates 90% of the glare. :shades:
  • I had read this forum and several other Blog sites regarding the Edge before making the purchase. I drove a couple in comparrison to other vehicles like the Nissan Murano and the Toyota FJ Cruiser and the Edge won, hands down. It was the dealership experience that got me to join and speak up. My wife is saying that we might end up being a two Edge family soon.... pretty funny.
  • mcq1mcq1 Posts: 103
    I have been given a quote of $30,860 for a limited FWD Edge including TT&L. What do you think? I am trying to get them lower.
  • Always explain in detail

quote of $30,860 for a limited FWD Edge including TT&L ?

What options are included ?

It's good price if you have these options included :-

Panoramic Vista Roof
    Power Liftgate
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Rear Cargo Management System
    All W Mats
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    See my post in the lease topic.
  • OK, pulled the trigger and ordered the following:

2008 AWD Limited (30,134)
    Panoramic Roof (1186)
    White Sand Tri-Coat Paint (421)
    Trailer Tow Package (336)
    Rubber Mats (47)
    Cargo Management System (55)
    Sirius Satellite Radio (166)
    5 Gals gas (yeah, they charge you!) (15.50)
    FDAF Assessment Fee (458)
    Dest and Del (705)

+ $150 over invoice

GRAND TOTAL $33,673.50 not including tax and license, doc fee

MINUS any applicable rebates or incentives at the time of delivery

The gas and FDAF fee kinda makes the warm and fuzzy part of this transaction disappear.

The salesman (as well as the sales manager) did say two things that I would like some feedback on from those of you in the know:

1. We cannot guarantee the final price of your order until the car is delivered because Ford may raise the price of an option or something and we will have to pass that on to you??????? Of course, I am immediately suspicious of this since I signed a contract for the above pricing. I figure if they pull that at time of delivery, then the gloves will come off then. Have any of you heard of a dealer doing this?

2. I wanted them to apply the current rebates/incentives but they again said I would get whatever was being offered by Ford at the time of delivery.

Why is it I can buy an unbuilt house for several hundred's of thousands of dollars, settle on the price with the builder, take possession 6 months later and not have to worry about the price of lumber going up?

Geez, this stuff is exactly why I hate buying a car. What an amazing alien world the whole purchasing of a motor vehicle has become. And they wonder why car dealers have a bad rep with the general public!

Overall, we are looking forward to our new Edge in 6-10 weeks. Hopefully, nothing will come up to queer the deal.

Thanks again, in advance, for shedding any helpful light on this.
    You are getting a very fair deal. The company does charge your dealer for the gas it puts in the car at the factory. Your dealer will likely deliver your car with a full tank, so don't sweat the $15.50. The ad fees are also paid by the dealer, and can be higher than yours depending on geographical location. You are getting exactly what you bargained for, with you paying $150 over invoice. Since the gas and ad fees are part of the invoice, that is the deal. You are getting a far better deal than the majority of buyers.

On the price changes, very rarely does a company raise prices on existing orders. It can happen, but given the economy and other factors, I would seriously doubt that the price of your order will go up. I would imagine the price is locked in once that car is scheduled to build.

The incentives are a mind numbing thing. Incentives usually change every month and are already different depending on geography. That is the company and not the dealer. Right now, there may be 3-4 different levels of incentives on the same car depending on where in the US you live. They can also get better or worse from month to month (or week to week on some GM products) and vary on whether you are leasing or buying. Also, some potential buyers get $750 coupons in the mail out of the blue while some of us never hear from the company at all. It is incredibly frustrating that the incentives are not the same everywhere and that if they are going to send out coupons that everyone who expresses interest on the Ford web site does not get those. From my conversations with my dealer, they are even more frustrated than I am because they can't keep up with what the ever changing incentives are. I certainly agree with your frustration on the incentives but that frustration should be with the company and not the dealer. When your car does arrive, ask the dealer to see the "Vincent" report for that car. It is a printout that will show all available incentives for that exact VIN that are available at that time. Yes, even the company has to have a computer program so IT can keep track of the various incentives on the same model car!!!!

Bottom line, you have done well and your dealer is treating you right. Enjoy the new car.
  • Hardhawk,

I appreciate the quick response and the info about the "Vincent" report. I will definitely ask for that when we close the deal.

About the $750 coupons. This is the second time I heard of these. Another person stated they had one in their name in the computer and the dealer surprised them with it. I wonder if there is a way of checking. I bought a brand new 98 F150 back then. I wonder if there is something connected to that or not.

Oh well, I can just ask the dealer to look. But I imagine it would have surfaced by now.

Thanks again for the info and the opinion on my deal. Starting to feel a little better about it.

Gonna have to figure out how to change my username from HighlanderBob to EdgeyBob. :)
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    I wonder if there is a way of checking. I bought a brand new 98 F150 back then. I wonder if there is something connected to that or not.

Email your last name and zip code to the email in my profile and I can check for you.

Also go to the Ford web site and request a brochure on the Edge and there is an good chance you will get a $750 offer in the mail. It is a private offer. We call them hand raisers.

They are no good for Plan buyers
  • Hi Folks, Why is a Ford Edge priced so High compared to the competition? It is not clear to me and I just want to understand. Is it really worth $10K more than its competition? Also, do you think it will last more than 100K miles? ">Thanks. :confuse:
    Who says the Edge is over priced? What competition are you referring to? Please list exact models & features/options on the Edge and the other vehicles you are comparing it to. I would dispute your assertion that an Edge is $10,000 more than a similarly equipped competition vehicle. If you are comparing apples to apples, model and equipment wise, I think you are mistaken. I am always willing to be educated so will welcome whatever evidence you have to convince me I am the one who is mistaken!
  • Your comments are helpful. I got a quote today on the Limited w/ Nav, Vista, White Tricoat, Plower liftgate, towing, sat. radio, cargo management (can't figur out what that is), all weather floor mats. Dealer quoted (Costco) including des. charge for 36,696. I can get 1500 off or get 1.9 interest. Oh, i told him I don't want 20" wheels for almost 900.

What do you think? After reading everyone's costs this price is TOO high.
    Go to the pricing page for the Edge on Edmunds.com and then figure up the invoice and MSRP for the exact car you want. Each region has additional advertising charges that will add approx. $500 to the invoice and these vary by region. Take the invoice number from Edmunds, add an estimated number for the advertising charges (or just ask the dealer to show you an invoice for an in stock Edge to see what they actually are) and then offer an amount above that for a sales price. Insist on you getting all the applicable incentives as well. The one you got the estimate on has to be AWD to be that high. The cargo management system is a plastic compartmentalized insert below the rear cargo floor that lets you store small items below the load floor around the outside of the spare tire. You should be able to order one for no more than $500 over the invoice & ad fee total. If not, go to the Ford website and get area dealer information and start e-mailing quote requests for the exact Edge you want and then see what the responses are. The first step is to get the invoice cost from Edmunds.com. Good luck!
  • tbbtbb Posts: 5
    Started looking around at ford edges this week. I started by visiting a couple of dealerships and emailing them as well. One dealer sent a response that said 20% off every vehicle on the lot, 07 and 08. That's almost 5800.00 off (SEL) w/o negotiating.
    Since the dealer stated the 20% off all vehicles, I'm going to assume he is not including the factory cash back (1500). This is limited to the stock on hand.

What a great place to start for negotiations. Sounds too good to be true.

This is at Grand Prairie Ford which is 10 miles west of Dallas.
  • tbbtbb Posts: 5
    We purchased our Edge on Fri, here's the deal: 08 SEL, Sirius, roof rack, premium 18" wheels. MSRP 28,895.00, purchase price 23,116.00. I think I could have gone a few hundred dollars lower but was happy with the deal.