Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I purchased a 2008 Edge SEL AWD in very good condition at Riverside Ford on Aug 15th in Sumner, WA. So far, I'm very happy with it. The price listed on the car was $23,995., however, they had it posted on the internet for $19,995. which is what I paid. The dealership was fair on my trade in, and I would not hesitate to recommend them.
  • Just bought loaded SEL before the Cash for Clunkers ended for my Mom for $500 under invoice less $2,500 incentive plus $299 Admin Fee from Classic Ford in Columbia, SC. Made the deal in 10 minutes after telling them I could get that deal from USAA Car Buying Service - it was the only Edge with Navigation in SC.
  • I test drove a 2010 Edge SE, liked it, was very interested in it. The salesman would NOT give me a price, even a ballpark figure, if I was not going to buy that minute. He said he would not have me shop the price around for the best deal.
    My immediate thoughts are: 1) the dealer expects his offer to be beat and 2) he does not want the opportunity to earn my business.

I have owned Fords in the past and have had the same issues when buying. Is this the way they are trained to do business?

On the flip side, Honda bent over backwards when I purchased my Odyssey 7 years ago. I found it to be the easist car purchase I've ever made. Unfortunately, the CR-V is a 4 cylinder......
  • alman08alman08 Posts: 282
    sounds like you got an inexperience saleman or that he thinks he's good at playing mind games. anyway, it's his loss.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    If a salesman refuses to give you a price, ask to speak with the sales manager directly. If the sales manager says the price is "only good today", ask to speak with the general manager. If the GM won't give you the respect every legitimate customer deserves, thank him for his time and tell him that you now fully understand why the American car industry is going down the tubes. Then go buy the CR-V which will cost less than the Edge, cost less to maintain, and return more on your investment when you sell it. You might also want to think about using an online buying service where you won't even have to deal with the wolves until you pick up the car (then just say "No" to everything but would you like me to show you how the memory seats work?")

Just as an aside, the CR-V is getting 18 more horsepower next year,
  • epecepec Posts: 16
    Ordered 09 SEL from Ford today, just realized that the price list from dealer is 31993.85+tax, but it is before 3000 rebate , I think it should be 28933.85+tax. Am I right?
    just find out in NYS, you pay tax before rebate. When I was in PA, it is different. NYS sucks !!
  • alman08alman08 Posts: 282
    here in CA, tax before rebate. :sick:
    I have been waiting for 3 weeks, the VIN number has not been issued yet. :mad:
  • On the Nav/Dvd issue, ford sells the unit with dvd installed. The Dvd disk never has to be removed. Its a touch screen,nav system. Why would u remove the dvd disk. All of my customer love theirs. :surprise:
  • Just purchased 2010 Ford Edge in St Louis last week:

Msrp 37035
    Sale price 31852

Had a trade of 2003 Dodge Stratus 78k miles Gave 5000 for it on paper.

I think they overallowed about $1000 for it.

Interest rate 4.69%

Easy deal at Dave Sinclair Ford in South County. Great Car.
  • gselcukgselcuk Posts: 1
    I am looking into purchasing a 2010 Edge Sel. I was wondering if it's logical to think that the price will be more negotiable once the 2011 comes out this summer. I am trying to stay under 24K. What do you think?
  • crsweeneycrsweeney Posts: 1
    2008 FW Ford Edge SEL purchased for 20,100$
    29K miles

Options:
    Panoramic Vista Roof
    Premium Leather
    6 Speed Auto Transmission
    Power Liftgate
    SYNC / Bluetooth
    Audiophile Sound System
    3.5L V6

Lexus dealer had it listed at 21950$ on cars.com, we offered 19, negotiated to 20,100$. Vehicle was trade in from an employee of dealership, one owner, pristine condition, kept in garage, new tires/brakes. Factory warranty to 35K miles B2B, 5 yr drive train, 5 yr roadside assistance.

Discussed same vehicle with 35K miles at local Ford dealership, offered them 21,000$, they came back at 24,000$.

Our only complaint is the lack of navigation system, but the Bose stereo is terrific.
  • dshuppdshupp Posts: 8
    I'm looking for the best dealer price on a new Edge in New Jersey, or Delaware Valley area
  • jeep53jeep53 Posts: 49
    Hi, guys: I've been doing some research on the Ford Edge and the Nissan Murano. I like them both from what I've seen so far. I haven't test drove either one yet, as I have time before my current lease is up. I haven't had a Ford in about 20 years. I've had a couple Nissans which turned out to be good cars. If there is anyone out there who has an opinion on both SUV's I would really appreciate it. I probably would end up buying a three year old one. Any info anyone can provide would be great!! Thanks for your help.

Steve (NJ)
  • moulas1moulas1 Posts: 1
    I'm in Nebraska, and was offered $12,000 off a 2010 Edge Limited and I was still trying to get more $$ off.
  • lgradlgrad Posts: 3
    What is it with the newspaper advertisements in the greater Detroit area. All the big three ads are geared to "Employees". There are so many disclaimers, that it appears that no one could ever buy one of these new advertised vehicles at the prices shown.
    I am not an employee, but a customer that can make an all cash purchase.
    I'll be back to this forum later this year when I plan to make an actual purchase, and would be willing to travel to any state where I can find a serious dealer that wants to sell his product.
  • stan75stan75 Posts: 1
    Whats the name of that dealership in Nebraska??
  • tpm419tpm419 Posts: 4
    Hello
    First time on this forum :)
    I have a 2007 Edge which is up come October 23rd, My buyout is 16,300. My car only has 20,000 miles but I am torn between buying it out or leasing a new 2011 providing I can afford it. Looking to lease a 2011 Limited with the 301A package. I have no more than 4000.00 out the door to put down and want a payment of no more than 420.00 per month. 36-39 months
    Is this doable??
  • Anyone purchase one of the new 2011's yet? Really looking at these - pretty nice! Love to hear other experiences.