Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Fuel Problems

2»

Comments

• backnine36backnine36 Member Posts: 1
    Have any of you 05 GT owners had a problem with a gas smell inside your car? I get a gas smell the first time I start the car, and sometimes when the car is restarted from a short time frame. The smell is strong at times, I changed the injector seals and a month later the same smell has returned. Any suggestions as to the next fix? I've heard the the fuel filter could be the cause, if so where is it located? :confuse:
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Doubt it's the fuel filter. Could be the evap cannister - I think that's the most common cause. Could also be a leaky fuel injector that leaks while it sits, then burns off after you start the car.
  • cramoscramos Member Posts: 1
    my 2001 is doing the same thing took it to ford dealership and they said its my fuel pump sensor, drove it sixty miles and it started doing that again and now its so bad that it completly shuts off i have to let it sit and then it gives me another thirty miles before doing it again. can anyone please shine a light to my problem??
  • gpwilson62gpwilson62 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 97 pony car 6 cyl.5 speed The car will be running fine and then it will lose power the engine will continue to run but will idle down run rough and then finally die,

If you wait 10 minutes it will restart and run fine. Any thoughts??? Thanks
  • gpwilson62gpwilson62 Member Posts: 2
    did you ever find an answer, my 97 just started doing it
  • 65fastback165fastback1 Member Posts: 1
    I am a fleet mechanic.We had 2006 Ford pickup with a slow fueling problem.I replaced the charcoal cannister and the filter shown in the link to ratstangrestoration link. The pictures look a lot like the parts on the truck.Our trucks operate in extreme dust conditions all the time.The trucks filter was also clogged.The truck had a half of gas in it. I filled it up after repairs and it took gas just fine.
  • annie65annie65 Member Posts: 1
    2000 mustang v-6 theft light flashing car wont start anyone ever had this problem
  • xaerosxaeros Member Posts: 1
    Bought my first mustang a couple of months back, check engine light was on, had to change the o2 sensor, not a big deal, thought I'd also change the plugs, and wires for the plugs.

Now it seems like I don't have the power that I once did. Placed the old wires back on car, restored some of the power, but it still acts like its loading up. or bogs down when to press the gas peddle. No codes being thrown this time around. don't have much elc to go on. Any in put would be nice.

Thanks in advance:
    Xaeros