Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Repossession Stories and Questions

Comments

• micosilvermicosilver Posts: 212
    If a repo guy got killed "for trying to repo a truck" then it was not an accident.
    Accidents don't happen for doing something.
    If I push you for trying to take something, especially something that doesn't belong to you in the first place, you fall and die - that's not an accident, that's murder.
  • Ok so my girlfriend co signed for one of my trucks but otherwise she has nothing to do with it. I am behind trying to catvh up and have been working with finance company and they said they cant stop repo till im caught up. BUT the repo guy keeps going into my girlfriends work and asking here where the truck is. she workd for a doctors office and besided the embarassment she is going to gety in trouble. We have told them over and over she has nothing to do with it beside her signing and to talk to me but they have shown up 4 times in 2 monthes. Can they keep going into her building and office????
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    That sounds like harassment. You need to contact your state's attorney general.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    I'm no lawyer, but I think when she co-signed she accepted the same responsibilities as you. Especially having to pay for the truck. That's what co-signing is all about.

Now coming into her work - that's a question for the state consumer laws.
  • I just had my car Repoed and my question is. Is the repo man allowed to break in to get to the vehicle?
  • ok I know what co sign is and yes she is responsible for it as I am and we are trying to pay the vehicle not to be some [non-permissible content removed] dead beat. just fell on hard times, we are both working.

But I did talk to the finance company today and according to them once they are told not to come into work they are not allowed and she told the same guy that 3 times but basically they said that a different agent can come in and then she has to tell that agent one time and so on and so on. which is bullsht if you ask me. we are two honest people that have answered our phones for them and paid as much as we could even more sometimes and tried to deal with it. Me or her losing our jobs certinaly wont help

And as I informed them if they continue to do this I will take legal action and be a prick like them. And I have never called them when they come into her work in fact just the oppisite I have ignored them and only when they came into her work did I do this beacause as I told then once they get a reaction out of me becasue they came there they will continue to do that just to get me to take more action or at least they think I will. Oh and by the way this finance company is Chase auto and as I walked into 7 dealers in 2 days trying to trade the truck in 5 of the 7 sighed ahhhh nooo as sooon as they heard the word Chase according to them they are one of the few NOT working with there customers in this time of economic disaster..

So if anyone has any other info please let em know Thank you
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,599
    My guess is that they will "pop" that car the first chance they get. These guys are good at their jobs. You will go outside and it'll be gone.

Have you talked to Chase? If you can work somthing out it may benefit both of you.

A Voluntary Repossession will look a lot better on your credit report then if they have to physically take it. You may want to consider that.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,226
    "...Is the repo man allowed to break in to get to the vehicle?..."

I don't believe so. I assume you're talking about breaking into you garage or other secure location.

I would check with the police. They can tell you what repo is allowed to do in your state.

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    Breaking into private property is one thing. Breaking into the car is quite another. In that case they are working on behalf of an owner of the car - in this case Chase.

A friend's daughter had he car repo'd. She spent her money on things other than car payments and one night at 2 in the morning the tow truck showed up and took it. The only way to get it back was to pay for it IN FULL. My friend had to bail out her daughter, buy the car outright and have her pay back. To the daughter's credit she did pay it all once mom was the finance company.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    My guess is the repo company is doing everything within their rights. Watching the repo shows on TV, these guys (and girls) know what they are allowed to do and not do. Legal action is just wasting money you don't have.

Not unless you cna convince Chase to re-structure your loan, I would consider isell's option. Banks aren't really looking out for consumers.
  • The Repo shows on TV are fake and reenactments.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    What??? Are you trying to tell me that "reality TV"... isn't?

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    They were trying to break it to you gently....
  • michaellnomichaellno Posts: 4,300
    The Repo shows on TV are fake and reenactments.

Even the episode where they rolled the BMW that was on the hook, with the cameraman inside?

;)

Hard to believe that was staged.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,226
    "..."reality TV"...isn't?..."

Except for The Real World and Bigbrother. Those are totally real. ;)

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• And "The Hills" that is totally real too.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Repo is about the worst. They should get professional actors, as the staged performances look like something out of a high school play.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    Could be but I saw one episode where the buffed guy hopped over the fence to retrieve a car. he was arrested for trespassing. It could have been staged but the owner of the company seem to know he was wrong and did not object to the arrest once he found out what the guy did.

My point is repo companies know what they are allowed to do and not do. In this case, I imagine the repo company is acting within the letter of the law and not necessarily the intent of the law. Instead of complaining about their tactics and Chase, the OP needs to take a long look in the mirror and get this thing resolved. He not only has ruined his credit but now his girlfriend's credit. he needs to call Chase and set up a firm repayment plan and stick to it. If not, turn the truck in. That will end the visits to her work.
  • dhamlettdhamlett Posts: 1
    I hate American Honda Financial:
    My car will be paid for in 5 months, September 2010. I've been out of work twice in the past 18 months, for a 4 month total span. I've explained to AHF that I've been out of work and that I would pay them what I owed but to please be patient with me. The last conversation took place on 4/16 and I told them I would make payment for the 2 months I was behind on the 4/30, they said okay and it is documented. I'm living week to week, like many Americans, and I need a car to work. On 4/21, they repossessed my car.

I will never buy another Honda, my 3 sons will never buy a Honda, and if I have any influence before I die, my grandchildren will never buy a Honda.
  • delthekingdeltheking Posts: 1,152
    Sorry about your situation,but it`s totally your fault here. Not Honda`s. Any carmaker in that situation would have done the same thing. You are in a contract with the carmaker---you pay monthly. You dont--they can repo the car.. As clear as that .

Sorry,but not Honda`s fault that you lost your job or are living paycheck to paycheck.