Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Kia Optima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ritatritat Posts: 1
    I'm in Michigan and received a lease quote on an Optima EX. I don't have all the exact details (cap cost, etc.) this is what I was offered:

MSRP $24,095. Invoice price about $22k-ish. (sorry - not in front of me)

MF of .00070 and Residual of 56%.

After deducting $1k competitive bonus, and with $1375 down, my payments would be $239 per month for 36 months, 36k miles. Kia financing.

Is this a good offer? I really want the EX with Premium Package. They have one on the lot that also includes Tech Package (which I don't care about) - MSRP about $28,445. They first said my monthly on this would be $335 (with everything else the same - $ down, etc.) Sales manager then asked me what I would be willing to pay monthly to get the car. My friend who was with me (was in car business as sales mgr & finance mgr) said I should be able to get it for $300 per month.

I'm going on Monday to look at a couple other EX's w/Premium Package only - $27k sticker. I understand current incentives end Monday.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
  • augrdograugrdogr Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    I have spent the past hour reading through this great thread. I am in the market for an Optima EX with the Premium Package(panoramic sunroof, speakers, etc). I am located in northern Florida and am curious if anyone has an tips as far as a starting point on price, rebates, etc. I have been to a dealer, I have test driven and such and I know this is what I want. I have not sat down to crunch numbers yet and really wanted to get some fuel for when I initially sit down to start the process.

I have 3K to put down. I am also eligible for the competitive bonus as I am trading in my 2005 4Runner yet will only break even on that. It would be nice to keep my payments around $400.

Does anyone has any recent personal experiences they could share that may help? Any ideas on how i could work this? I'm all ears an appreciate any assistance in advance! This thread is great!
  • haggardhaggard Posts: 63
    edited May 2012
    Hope I'm not too late to be of any use. I got a black EX base for 281.57 per month, 36 months/15K miles per year. Absolutely nothing out of pocket at signing, 35 payments to go.

If you are interested, you can see the details of my deal on the lease thread:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f229a32/166#MSG166

Not sure if the incentives carried over to May, but there was $1000 lease cash AND $1000 competitive/loyalty rebate at the time your dealer made his offer. They absolutely can be combined, I did it. Don't let them lie to you.

Good luck!
  • glayfan40glayfan40 Posts: 20
    I was offered $229 + tax for a 2012 Snow White EX w/Premium Pkg with $1285 due at signing (MF - .0007, Residual - 55%, MA dealership).

I ended up closing the deal by trading in my 2011 Optima EX.

Final details can be read on my other post under the Leasing Questions thread.

Final MF ended up being about .00045 based on some number crunching I've done myself after the fact.

Hope this helps!
  • what a nightmare this is i swear, I'm ready to pull the trigger on an EX-T with premium package or an SX with premium package and i can't for the life of me find any of the 3 silver colors they come in. All that are out there here in SoCal are blacks and whites for almost 1.5 weeks now. It's frustrating
    Is something wrong with inventory?
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Posts: 51
    In NYC It's the opposite. The blacks and whites are difficult to find. Be patient!
  • alanrcalanrc Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2012 Optima EX with Teck and Prem Packs. All other extras + dealer add ones. MSRP was 29350. We agreed on a price of 27500 after incentives and rebates. Deal doesn't sound that great buy they gave 9k on my trade. Edmunds had it at appraise with a trade in value of 6300.

Good Deal?
  • Yesterday, after a lot of back and forths with a dealer i went to that knew i wanted a silver EX non-turbo with premium package only he said those colors (all silvers) are scarce around all of socal right now and he tried his hardest to sell me a black but with both premium and tech packages

I really did not want it unless it was an amazing deal so i entertained him on the thought just to get a price from him. He shot me a price of 26660 and I walked out.

He called me today and told me a new sales case manager was willing to relook at the deal (obvious BS but i now knew the ball was in my court) and so I told him I'd pull the trigger on the car if he would sell at 25300 BEFORE incentives + TTL and no further haggling.

He called me later and agreed to the price on my voicemail.
    I've decided to pull the trigger after all, despite the color being black. I'll walk out again if they try anything funny with the price but it looks like the deals been made
  • dali52dali52 Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am looking for the same.. where did you buy it? Dealer? I am in S. Cal. Re the incentive, is it for anyone? I would appreciate your response very, very much. thanks
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter is looking to interview someone who is paying more than 10% interest on a new car loan. Please reply to PR@edmunds.com today, Wednesday, May 23, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    REF: 361
    Anyone savvy enough to frequent these forums is NOT dumb enough to pay more than 10% interest on a car loan. You must be joking!
  • gibson_sggibson_sg Posts: 2
    I'm in the same boat in San Diego...Trying to find a Titanium EX (non-turbo) with just the Premium Package. As I understand it, adding the navigation gets rid of the UVO and HD radio (someone please correct me if I am wrong.) Anyway, I don't want to lose 2 features for a feature I don't need...and pay more for the privilege! :)

Good luck!
  • bschmidt25bschmidt25 Posts: 8
    Correct. Navigation replaces UVO and deletes HD Radio.
  • bschmidt25bschmidt25 Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    What's a good price currently for the SX Turbo w/ Premium Touring (no Tech)? I'm looking to pull the trigger probably within the next few weeks. We'd be leasing it for 3 years, 15K per. I was thinking of going for around $26,500. We qualify for the $1000 competitive cash and apparently there is $1000 lease cash on it as well. Discount would be ~$1800 then. Is this reasonable or too optimistic?
  • samsunersamsuner Posts: 2
    Hello,

I have been looking for a Optima EX base model. How much should i pay for a good deal ? I am in Southern California. Also for a Optima EX lease $279 including tax $0 sign-in for 36 months and 12,000 miles. Is this is a good deal ?

Thank you for your helps.
  • haggardhaggard Posts: 63
    The lease deal is about what I got, but with 15K miles per year. Not the rock-bottom best, but a good deal I think. The selling price was a couple hundred over invoice, then applied 2K in incentives. I'm in PA, so not sure about accounting for any tax/fee or regional differences.

Maybe try for the miles and some oil changes, etc. Can't hurt to ask, right?

Good luck.
  • gibson_sggibson_sg Posts: 2
    Another day...another EX pricing question. :)

I am looking to buy (not lease) an EX with premium package (no tech package) in SoCal. So far I have been quoted $26,100.00 out the door. TTL is about $2400, so the price I would be paying is $23,700. I think that's how that works. :)

Decent deal?

Thanks!
  • samsunersamsuner Posts: 2
    Finally i got a deal for EX base model $252+tax=$271 with $0 due signing 36,000 miles with $1000 Competitive incentive + $1000 lease cash.
  • First of all, thank you to everyone who has provided information on pricing for their Optima. This was a surprise find, just before I was heading into the dealership to negotiate my own new car.

I was looking at a EX-Turbo with Prem/Tech package, and was quoted an internet price of $26,500 (including all rebates... financing with Kia, competitive trade-in, etc.) from an original price near $30K. Well, I didn't have a car to trade in, so assume the quote was for $27,500.

When I got to the dealership, this car had been traded and was no longer available.

I test drove an EX with Prem/Tech (non-Turbo), and I was just as happy with it. Final price (including all other rebates/incentives): $25,300... not including taxes/title, etc.

Based on everyone's feedback, I considered this to be a fair price. So thank you! And, I am happy with the car. Looking forward to driving it daily & keeping it for some time!
  • cjericcjeric Posts: 23
    I'm looking at the same car and and was quoted a sales price of $27,825 as a first offer. I qualify for the $1,000 competetive bonus, $1,000 lease or $500 finance cash, as well as $500 as military veteran bringing the price to $25,325 with a lease and $25,825 if I buy. On top of that would be TTL and doc fee of $289.

I'm trying to decide what my response to this would be, the $26,500 sales prices sounds like it would be quite a good deal, so maybe I'll say that I'll take it for that and see if they at least come down to $27,000. What do you guys think would be reasonable? I'm looking to buy towards the end of the month/quarter, so maybe that will help with pricing as well?