Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Kia Optima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just bought a Titanium EX with Prem and Tech pkg OTD for $26377
    MSRP $28749
    Incentives $1500
    Price $25829 - incentives + TTTL
    Maryland taxes are 6% ouch...
  • unlv_rebelsunlv_rebels Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    I purchased a Silver 2013 Kia Optima LX Auto (without convenience package) last weekend (Odometer: 15 miles).

Invoice: $21,175 (with destination fee)
    Acc: $814 (Rear Bumper Applique, Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Cargo Tray, Carpeted Floor Mats, Door Sill Applique, Auto-Dimming Mirror, iPOD Cable, Mud Guards, Wheel Locks)
    Doc fee: $100
    Sub-total: $22,089
    Student rebate: -$750
    KMF rebate: -$500
    Additional savings: -$1600
    TOTAL after rebates and additional savings: $19,239 plus TTL.

I also had an offer for a White 2013 Optima LX Auto (without convenience package) last weekend (Odometer: 15 miles) for $18,790 plus TTL that had fewer accessories (Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Carpeted Floor Mats, Door Sill Applique, iPOD Cable, Wheel Locks).
  • I bought EX with Premium and Technology- 29,100 MSRP paid $24,900

Plus VA sales tax, and $389 Processsing fee.

I also got a few hundred $ high on my trade than I anticipated. I got a few internet qoutes in advance, so negotiation only lasted 15 minutes. Easy and overall pretty happy
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,578
    Have driven a few new ones at work and what a sweet ride these are! Comfy seats, smooth ride and a nice dash...nicer than the Sonata truth be told, I like the look a bit better also. these were the LX models so the EX must really rock! Since these were rental units, they were base LX's but did have Sirius/XM which is very cool. A lot of the rental units that we move have SAT radio which makes longer treks a real pleasure especially when driving across southern Florida from Lauderdale to Ft. Myers/Tampa...go between the '60's, '70's and '80's channels and am a happy camper...especially love the cars with the controls on the steering wheel, a much safer way to go between channels.
    Got to give Kia/Hyundai a round of applause...they are finally building cars that folks really want to buy and the excellent warranty is just the icing on the cake!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• twinniitwinnii Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Good night all, I am currently looking into purchasing a Kia Optima EX maybe standard. I didn't know what would be a good purchasing price. I went to one dealership and was quoted MSRP 24735.00
    Sale: 23400.00
    2000 down
    359/month * 72(6 years) at 2.9%
    based on good credit. My credit is above 750. I had dealer check last year and they said it was above 800.
    What do you think. I am willing to pay out of pocket whole thing, but not sure if I should look for a better price. Thanks for any help.
  • 1. 2000 off msrp is easy for the Optima; much competition in that segment
    2. with your good credit, join penfed (PFCU) for $15 and get a 1.49% apr loan
  • Be careful what you pay---either leasing or outright purchase. There is no resale value with the Optima. NONE at all. With that said----the car is beautiful and rides well. But KIA is giving these cars away. That's a really good thing for you because your buying and you should be able to get a terrific deal. Don't let they dealer sway you into thinking invoice or below is not possible ---because it is---Again the big downside of this whole thing is the trade in or resale value. They will give you nothing close to the value---reason----the low selling price of the new models. It's cheaper to get a new one than buy used.So---as the song say's "Be happy". Bottom line--- don't pay anything even close to invoice. Pay below. They will take the deal. Then you have a fighting chance when trade in time comes around. Take it from someone that knows---I'm stuck for another two years on a car I want to unload in the worse way. My Optima is a loaded hybrid that is real crap--2011-- seats are as hard as a bleacher if not harder and 19 mpg in the winter. The car bucks and stammers until 30 mph. Horrible hybrid car ---then add those terrible seats---- well--- you get the idea.
  • You should be able to get $4,000 ($2K competitive and $2K loyalty) in rebates. If you have the money then opt for the 36 month 0.9% APR financing. With ZERO down your car should cost $20,735 then add your state sales tax then add your license fee for your state. Start your negotiation from there for the Out the Door price. Remember if you just name the price of the car, they will add their Dealer, Stock, Prep, etc, fees that are there just to give them more profit. Ask what the license fee is and the sales tax rate. You can add those to the $20,735. Also 2.9% financing is not great in these times. Credit score is almost not important right now. These dealers want to sell cars and half the US has poor credit due to the housing market. I received 1.9% for 60 months but the 36 month payment was just too steep for me to opt for the 0.9%.

Here are some rates for you to look at within your price all with ZERO down.

$22,000 OTD @ 36 mth 0.9%=$619.63; 60 mth @1.9%=$384.65
    $23,000 OTD @ 36 mth 0.9%=$647.79; 60 mth @1.9%=$402.13
    $24,000 OTD @ 36 mth 0.9%=$675.96; 60 mth @1.9%=$419.62

$22,000 OTD @ 72 mth 2.9%=$333.28
    $23,000 OTD @ 72 mth 2.9%=$348.43
    $24,000 OTD @ 72 mth 2.9%=$363.58

Be sure to look at your final monthly payment and multiply it out so you know what the total cost is you are paying for that car. The dealer makes money on the interest you pay too (if you use Kia Financing) They are just like a mortgage broker. But on the other hand you get a better deal on the car if you use Kia Financing. Just take advantage of the best rate and terms they have.
  • You CANNOT get both competitive and loyalty rebates on the same car. It's one or the other. Read the fine print.
  • I appreciate all your replies. I am deciding to Finance the car. Here is what I have now Kia Optima EX car is priced at 23,240 because of $1,000 car competitive and $500 bonus for financing cash; 21,700.
    With a 1.9% for 60 months. They want me in before end of month to keep incentive prices.
    I noticed someone stated above that there would be NO resale value. I plan on keeping the car for as long as I can. 7 - 10 years and more, as long as the car holds up. I have doubted the reliability of this car but depend on the warranty to back that, but the bumper to bumper is another thing. That's only 5 years 50,000. I want to see if they can up that because if this thing runs down after 5 years, then I will be paying a lot of money to fix it.

This is at Yonkers Kia in Yonkers, New York.
    The previous information was from Kia of White Plains, NY.
  • trusso69trusso69 Posts: 68
    edited February 2013
    REF: 461
    Make sure you ask them for the list of exclusions to the bumper-to-bumper warranty. I have a Hyundai and several things are NOT covered after one year. Examples: stereo, AC, lighting, paint, tires. My point is that while it is a GOOD warranty, it is NOT bumper-to-bumper for 5 years...

http://www.kia.com/content/media/en/manuals/2013_warranty.pdf
  • Thanks. If the AC goes out, I will have to fix it myself or leave it. I have a car and I currently don't have AC and radio for about 5yrs now. That doesn't mean I won't be pi$$ed off if something happens, but I would probably refuse to fix it through them.
  • onefunkaronefunkar Posts: 113
    i dont think kia has bad resale anymore. my three year old sorento (2011) can be traded for 22000 acv and i paid 27200 three years ago. thats not bad at all. ill probably get a 2014 when it comes in. paid 23xxx for my 13 optima in january and just looked and trade in for a 2012 is 21-22k. not bad at all.
  • snowman22snowman22 Posts: 109
    Trading for another KIA could be different than buying another brand. I was trying to get into a new Toyota Camry hybrid. The dealers within my given area would only offer up Auction value. That was $5,000 less than Blue book or Edmunds or even the sleaze "Blackbook" that most all the dealers are now quoting. They were $1,500 less,than the other two stated above. Only one dealer about 50 miles away--Toyota ---would offer up the price's supplied by Edmunds or Blue book. But with that said---the selling price of the new vehicle was almost MSRP. So they would get me at the other end. Soooooo it's a loose loose for buyers in the Western NY area.
    Thanks for your reply.
  • onefunkaronefunkar Posts: 113
    just because you buy a toyota doesnt mean you cant trade to a kia dealer. get bid from kia dealer and toyota will send to them for what they will pay for it. they just want to sell a car. actually a good used car manager would call kia them selves and get a bid if they dont want your used kia.
  • snowman22snowman22 Posts: 109
    Yes I understand that. The KIA,Toyota and Lexus dealerships are all owned by the same people.
    Thanks for your reply
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,578
    Some friends just stopped by with their 2012 Optima and it's gorgeous in this maroon color though it did have the light interior. I really think the Kia/Hyundai make a good car now and personally, I buy a vehicle just because I or we like it. i don't worry too much about trade in value as we tend to keep our vehicles longer now than ever before. Our '05 Mazda3 with almost 117k is proof of that. Even with the $500 or so that we spent on it to fix the motor mounts a few months back is so much better than having a car payment or like us, paying cash and taking out close to $20k to purchase new. I suspect that we'll have close to 150k on the clock when she's ready to buy her 2014 model. Luckily the Mazda drives very well now and the amount of $ we'd get in trade is so low, best to just run it awhile longer and get what we can for it.

Even though there are exclusions in the Hyundai/Kia warranty, it's better than most other manufacturer's warranty. I know when the brake light switch went on our 4 year old Accent last year, they replaced that day free of charge and within 2 hours with no fuss. Made the process so easy and even offered to take me home & pick me back up. Excellent service as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't be surprised if we both end up with Kia/Hyundai products on both sides of the garage in the next few years!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• I've gotten a quote for $19,996 total drive out price for a new 2013 Kia Optima LX with no options. Seems like a good deal to me, but what do you guys think? This price includes all tax, title, and other fees and also includes $1,500 in rebates. (so without any rebates I guess it would be $21,496)
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    Has anyone here decided to go all out an bought the Optima SX Limited (aka SX-L)? It stickers for just over $35,000, but dealers are selling them here in Atlanta for around $29,900 plus TTT. I'm very tempted at $29,900, but I'm also terrified o first and second year depreciation, even with the discounted selling price!

I'm planning to go back (for the 3rd time) and drive a CPO 2010 Acura TSX V6 again tomorrow morning. Unless I happen to notice some issue that I haven't before, I'm planning to write them a check and take it home with me! Iti only has 29k miles on it and was a 3yr lease turn in by a young woman who was had just gotten married when she leased the TSX and when she turned it in several months ago, she had a 16-monoth old and newborn baby. She wanted to keep the TSX and buy it out of the lease, but it just isn't big enough for two kids, especially when they get a little bigger.

But it all seems to be working out....my salesman got her a lease deal on a 2013 MDX SUV/Crossover that is just $40 more monthly than her TSX lease payment!

But I'd still love to hear any experience, opinions or anything else about the Optima SX-L.....
  • Absolutely LOVE my SXL. I believe my bottom line price was about what you said. Time will only tell about the depreciation piece. I'm seeing alot of optimas on the road, but not many sxl's. I get tons of compliments on it. People have said they thought it was a lexus at first. I feel like you pay so much for a car, you should love it. For me, I couldn't stop looking at them and I knew I'd never be happy if I didn't get the wheels and lights. They really make that car. Inside, I love everything about it, too. It feels very luxurious and I know I didn't pay $50,000 for what I got. So, I feel like it a was sensible decision even though going to the SXL model felt like a splurge.