Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• chuck68516chuck68516 Posts: 195
    I was messing around yesterday and emailed my dealer inquiring about a Creme Brulee Edge they have and how much it would cost to have it delivered to Connecticut. Suprisingly, it was only $0.30 per mile (both ways). So you can really start branching out on your search. Even if you were to have one delivered from my dealer in Blair, Nebraska, you would only be paying $790.

Also, just to let you know, his FIRST OFFER WAS OVER $3,000 OFF MSRP. Who knows what it would be if I would have haggled.

X-Plan would be less than $2,000 off.

Just a thought.
  • Thanks Chuck... I looked at their site the other day and have an email out to the internet sales guy. Unfortunately the only Creme Brulees listed on their site do not have the Vista Roof. But I will take your advice and keep looking. I went to my dealer today and I'm down to my last choice of colors (red). While I like the red, I drive a red car now and was hoping to make a change with the Edge. I brought up ordering an '08 but they told me it would take 10 - 12 weeks. They are bringing the red one for me to drive on Monday. I am going to see what they will do on the price. If they are not willing to drop it below x-plan, I think I'm gonna go elsewhere.
  • I live in Knoxville, TN and am looking to lease an SEL fwd with MSRP of 30,195 that they will have delivered from Atlanta. I have no trade and will receive the .75% apr. I am dealing with Ray Viles Ford at zip 37705. I feel like I'm being Jacked around because they are telling me for 36 mo. 15,000 miles that I would have to put down $1,000 to be at $485mo. I have tried to calculate this myself with no fees while receiving the #1,250rebate and adding the $595. Can someone break this down for me and help me with where I should be at. I dont want to put any money down except first payment and taxes..
    Hi,

It's not as hard as it seems, once you do it a few times anyway. Here's the breakdown on the info you provided. It literally takes me 2 minutes to figure.

There are 3 parts to calculating a lease. You calculate them then add them together to get your payment.

1. Depreciation Fee = ( Net Cap Cost – Residual ) ÷ Term
    After your rebates, down payment, adding in acquisition
    fee the figures are as follows:
    ($28,540 minus $14795, i.e. 49%) divided by term (36)=
    the monthly depreciation fee of $381.79

2. Finance Fee = ( Net Cap Cost + Residual ) × Money Factor
    You stated you would get the best lease rate currently
    available at 0.75% APR. You have to break that down to
    money factor for the calculation. To do this divide
    0.75 by 2400 = 0.0003125
    So...($28,540 plus $14795.55 = $43335.55 multiply by
    0.0003125 = the monthly finance fee of $13.54

3. Add the two figures together = $395.33
    Step 3 also involves adding in your sales tax, which you
    didn't provide. I will guess 9.25%. So, $395.33 plus
    9.25% = YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENT OF $404.58

I am assuming that by MSRP you meant sticker price and not the price they agreed to sell it to you for. That is a very important distinction and will make all these numbers useless. I also guessed the current residual is still 49% on the FWD 36 month 15,000. It may be more or less, check your dealer's number.

Depending on your state laws, you may have DMV or property taxes added in there also. I don't know how every state works. But I would definitely ask your dealer what other fees they are adding in and for a complete breakdown of how they got their number. If they are adding in Wear Care (security deposit) I would definitely waive it, it's not required. It is a dealer scam to make more money on the lease. Any document fee, or similar I would also decline. The only legitimate fee is the acquisition fee of $595 and perhaps your DMV, Property Tax.

Also, why are you just getting MSRP minus the rebate? Negotiate down to at least invoice. It's August.
    Sounds like a good plan. The red was my second choice, I like my Blazing Copper the best. The Vista Roof is pretty much a unique selling point of the Edge. If you don't get it you might as well get a Nissan Murano or similar. I don't normally have mine all the way open but I like to have the sunshade open to get some light in. It's really great to go for a drive on a cool night. Keep looking. :D
  • I just got the latest quote from my dealer and he is tring to push a 1.5% APR on me. I believe that my credit score is high enough (almost 800) to be eligible for the lowest rates. Is it possible that they raised the rates recently?
    I am getting more and more frustrated with this guy.
  • Thanks for the info, I think they are just being tight asses over there.. I'm going to check out a few other dealers..
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    ...i am planning on buying an 08 EDGE but delete the glass roof...maybe where you leave this is not a concern but for me here in NJ/NY area is a BIG concern. A couple of years ago while traveling with a friend (showing me his new EXPEDITION 03)on a relative "nice" area,when we went under an overpass someone threw a brick and it broke the glass and landed on my lap...maybe i am paranoid (if so...so be it...or maybe is my age) but I see no attraction on the glass roof as well as convertibles when you live in realtive proximity of urban areas...out in the beautiful country of course.
    I do see many other valuable easons on why to buy an EDGE but the roof I think could very low on must buyers...just my thoughts..and enjoy the Sun!!!
    What else really sets the Edge apart from the competition besides the Vista Roof? IT IS THE MAJOR SELLING POINT. GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND SEE HOW MUCH THEY PROMOTE IT AS THE MAIN FEATURE OF THIS VEHICLE.

I don't really see any reason to not get it aside from personal taste. But, I don't think living in a city makes a difference either way. By the way, I live in a city of 300,000+ people. Contrary to most NY/NJ peoples' way of thinking, Nebraska isn't a giant farm with 4 families like Little House On the Prarie.

If you don't want the Vista Roof, fine. I was just giving my opinion on it SINCE I OWN ONE. If the Edge you get doesn't have the Vista Roof you will probably have at least one person per week ask you if it has "THAT GIANT SUNROOF THINGY" so you might as well get it.
    Sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one on you. I was under the impression that the current deals would not expire until 10/1/07. Also, I got the best rate at the time of 0.5% with a credit score of 780. Ford is very lax in their financing. I suspect you would have to have terrible credit to qualify at 1.5%. That's how they make their money. They either screw you on residual, financing or fees. Sometimes all of the above if you're not careful.
  • I had to pass on the vista roof. Like most cars with sunroof's, it takes up a few inches of headroom for the mechanicals.

I'm 6'4", and I'm fine wihout the roof but with it I only had 1/2" of clearance, and that was with the seat tilted back a notch.

-Larry
    ..boy!...you are really touchy about the BAMR (BIG A^& MOON ROOF).....besides caps indicate you are LOUD (yelling) about the roof,calm down.
    I only explain MY reason for not getting it.
    Besides, I never implied that people living in small cities in Nebraska (beautiful state)of 300,000 people are "a little house in the praire", but I can't be impressed.
    When one lives and works in an island (Manhattan) that sees 8,000,000 people everyday Monday to Friday and has witness and expirience many things that occur almost daily, things that the rest of the country only hear in the news.
    I see your point, maybe you can see mine....
    I wasn't being loud/angry. I use caps to make points. Like when I said "IT IS THE MAJOR SELLING POINT. GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND SEE HOW MUCH THEY PROMOTE IT AS THE MAIN FEATURE OF THIS VEHICLE." What's angry/loud about that statement????? What do you find threatening about "THAT GIANT SUNROOF THINGY"????

Again, I was just giving advice about the Edge SINCE I OWN ONE. Yes, you give up 2.2 inches of head room. But I am 6'4" tall and I have plenty of head room in my Vista equipped Edge. To each his own. I was just stating my opinion. You were the one who was all defensive about why you aren't getting one.
  • So, I left the dealer a message with my calculations vs. theirs. While I like the salesman, he doesnt deal with the numbers so he put the manager on the phone. I once again told him how I came up with my numbers. He agreed that the lease worksheet they use is very confusing (the funny thing is that I work for the company that runs their dealer services system but I dont work in that division). They just plug in the numbers and the worksheet does the rest.
    Anyway, the numbers look like this...
    24 months/ 12k miles
    MSRP - 34130
    Selling price - 32296
    residual (63%) 21501
    .75 APR
    acq fee & DMV fee - 795 (paying up front, my choice)
    lease payment of 450.
    base - 394
    prop tax - 32
    sales tax - 24.
    I understand you perfectly....I wish I lived in your beautiful state,but all I said is that when you travel in places like Manhattan and its surrounding areas where there are hundreds of overpasses and crazy people, you run a big chance of damage to the roof, like it happened to my friend and I (remember that?).
    I believe that there many good features about the EDGE BESIDES the wonderful moon roof......happy?...
    How much are you putting down?
    I think there are lots of great features on the Edge too. What I said was, "The Vista Roof is pretty much a unique selling point of the Edge." Meaning, other cars in it's class don't offer it and it is what the Edge is most known for.

I didn't put that in caps so as not to offend you.

I have been to Manhattan 4 times. I enjoyed every visit.

I am sorry that there are idiots out there that do that stuff but it isn't an incident that only occurs in NY. Wherever there is a bridge, you will find idiots throwing stuff off from time to time. Last year a car was hit with a bowling ball through the windshield while going under an overpass on I-80 here.

The lack of a sun roof didn't help that guy out as he died of blunt force trauma.

If you are getting an Edge and don't get the Vista Roof you will probably regret it. Just like I regret not getting the Nav.
    .. I was not offended.....you appear to be a good person (guy/gal)....I do understand you...and about tha poor person..that incident could not be helped ...we all windshields on our cars....but not a need to have a full glass roof....I think after this small give and take you have almost convinced to order my 08 with a BAMR....and then travel to Nebraska and show off it to you...lol...
    ...afetrall nebraska is only 1200 mile from me and I have friend in Lincoln as well as a small town 30 miles west of Lincoln called Beaver Crossings...you see....I know people in the "little house on the praire"...lol....
    If you come here with your BAMR, i will reinforce mine with some armor plating and drive to Manhattan.
    :)
  • Chuck, I am paying first months payment plus the 795 (595 acq fee and 170 motor vehicle registration fee) up front. That was my choice. I prefer to not pay sales tax on these items. If they were included, my payment would go up $34/month. Why pay an extra $50 in sales tax (6% in Ct) if not needed. Plus I will put the out of pocket cost on my credit card and get the miles (of course, I will pay it off when the bill comes in)
This discussion has been closed.