Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• You can get the headrest DVD'S and the BAMR. Best of both worlds.
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    Is that from factory or does it have to be aftermarket?....I would like that a lot but how much and where do you get it?...if it is aftermarket then one must be careful if you are leasing correct?...
  • The ones in the brochures appear to be a dealer installed option, but one that could be added before delivery and thus included in the base cap cost of the lease and be fully warranted. I have added dealer installed accessories to leases before. The key is to add them before delivery and the whole cost is written right into the lease. Of course, they stay with the car when it goes back, but that is not a problem. My kids have their own portable DVD's so I am not interested, but I would be if we didn't have them already. I want the BAMR and the headrest DVD is the only option for something built in that I am aware of.
    Yes,you are right,it does appear in brochures but the reality (at least in my area NJ) is that most dealer will install the head rest dvd by an outside shop(most dealer do not want to deal with this since they believe that there is not enough money in it). My opinio is that if it is not factory installed I stay away from any items,specially the ever popular remote start,boy have heard horror stories about them. For the dealer will reffered you to the local shop "that do all the work for them"ad it is guarantee!...yes bu THAT gealer if you have aproblem in FL and go to a Ford dealer they will tell you that if it did not come from factory they can not help you...too much headaches for me...and my grand daughter will be happy with her own dvd,which is the reason for me to have one in the car..thanks for your help
  • I'm new to the whole leasing thing, and I'm really unsure of what I'm getting into. I am supposed to close tonight on a new base Edge SE with convience package and roof rails and sign a lease.

I've been quoted the following:

1250 cash down
    + my trade vehicle at $12000 (I owe 5600, and KBB says its trade in is 10,000)
    will give me a payment of $250 for 36 months / 36,000 miles
    with x-plan pricing

My credit is less than great at 630 (I was told this matters for some kind of ford tiers or something)

What should I look for before signing?

Thanks for any help.
    I don't know if it is too late (youshould have found out before the last minute)but if you are not keeping the trade in money the deal stinks.
    Look $1250 + $6400 = $7650...that in my opinion and I don't know much is excessive to put down on a lease,specially on a vehicle that is at the end of the year 2007...what was the sticker price and what was the negotiated price before all this money came into play?.....there is a cash back from FORD I believe,don't remember how much...be careful and good luck to you
  • I am about to lease a ford edge... what should i be paying per month for a base ford edge se... msrp @25,500... 15k miles per year.. 39 months... $4,000 down?? i have never leased before, so this is really confusing to me... with the specs above the best price I have received is $289 per month
    Sorry but i am no expert, I do have my first lease still until April 08...but from I have heard here the $4000 down appears to be excesive...I hope some of the guys that come here read your post and can advise you properly..good luck...
  • i just need to know if the price is too high.. i understand why you shouldn't put down a large downpayment, but i need too and i cant explain why... buy the way, the $289 base model was FWD
    All I cans say without making an idiot of myself is that at this time of the year when all dealers are trying to clear their inventories of 07 because the 08 are coming, those proces sound extremely high...you should be getting a rebate and a very good discount and the be able to put less down...check other dealers in your are it may be worth your while....good luck
  • yea, i thought so... i am going to try negotiating the price of the car with the AAA or costco auto discount program
    good luck to you, but do yourself a favor...try another dealer..and then go to COSCO,sometimes the dealer will negotiate further down than COSCO if they are ia position of trying to get rid of cars...
  • This forum was great. I made a worksheet that even had the sales manager "stumped." price fell. Also asked for factory to dealer cash number. They admitted Ford has passed out $1,000 "certificates" to dealers to use as they see fit. Because I asked, I got one in my deal which, as you see, put the car $700 UNDER actual invoice. Dealer agreed to $300 over invoice. I know the car biz well. Blue Oval-No Gimmick large NJ dealership. Here was the deal I made.

36 month/15,000 mile lease/residual 50%

MSRP - $34,369

Sale Price - $32,600 (or so, I chucked my worksheet, but it was 300 over the true invoice).

Less $1,000 dealer certificate. Adj Cap Cost $31,122. Residual $17,180. My only cash down was in lots of rebates, $1,000 swap, $750 Edge lease, $500 lease loyality, and $500 college grad (wife) or $2,750. All I paid upfront was tags, first payment, and $135 dealer "doc" fee totaling about $900. Payment including 7% New Jersey sales tax is $412 month X 36 months. With $2,750 rebates, $1,000 manufacturer to dealer cash, and discount, I got over $5,0000 off MSRP. Best yet, I turned in my 24 month RCL on another car and Ford picked up last 3 payments under early bird program.
    You sound excited and you should be, it appears that you have done extremely well...what NJ dealer you used?....I get X-plan pricing (which is few dollars under dealer invoice), but you did even better...good luck and enjoy it with the best of health...nothing like being in the right place at the right time..right?..
  • Holman Ford in Turnersville. They have always treated me right, and negotiated a fair deal. I also buy from Holman Lincoln/Mercury in Maple Shade when I want that type. Could not see spending another $8,000 for a MKX. Just do not get it on that one.
    Great thanks....I do know Holman since we have attebded Mustabg shows there...I do own an SVO Mustang that I show...
    Good luck and thanks again.
  • I am Looking to lease a 2007 Edge SEL+ tomorrow sticker 32,965. Can you send me the e-mail from James Walsh with your lease amount so I can be ready.
  • term/miles.

try the free calculator at leaseguide.com I think). See my post for my #s
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    Car man, can you tell me the residuals and rates for October leases on a 2007 Edge? Looking at a FWD SEL+ for 36 month, 12,000 mile per year and 10,000 mile per year numbers. Thanks. Do you have any rate and residual info. on the 2008 Edge FWD Limited yet? Looks like there is $2000 in total incentive (1500 lease + 500 dealer) on the 2007. Have no idea what the incentives are for the 2008's.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    Car Man: Scratch my last request. Have ordered a 2008 Edge with the following proposed deal. 2008 Edge Limited FWD, trailer tow, cargo mgmt., power liftgate, Sirius radio. MSRP $32,170. Cap cost. of $30,675.95, which is invoice plus adv. fees of $458. 2% interest rate, 52% residual, 8.3% local sales tax on each payment, and $1000 in total lease cash back. Monthly payment of $450 including tax. Deal could change if rate, residual or incentives change at delivery, but my bet is they won't be worse and might be better in December. Tell me your thoughts.
  • I was just quoted a price of $468/month for a 36 month lease on the 2008 Ford Edge Limited with is like an SEL but has more things on it - like Sync, rear sensors, leather, etc. I was quoted a price the numbers below for a 2008 Lincoln MKX ...Here is the information that you requested on a lease . 24mo/10,500miles/with a rebate of $1,500 / $1,428.22 due at signing is $545 plus tax at 62% residual & .50% rate . 39mo/10,500miles/with a rebate of $1,500 / $1,372.44 due at signing is $493 plus tax at 52% residual & 3.0% rate .

I think you got ripped off by your salesman.
  • I just returned from the Ford dealer in Ft. Lauderdale who quoted me a lease rate of $468/month for a 2008 Ford Edge Limited (similar the the 07' SEL Plus?) with Sync and power liftgates. This is for a 36 month lease with sales tax included.

Last week I test drove the 2008 Lincoln MKX at the dealership in Pompano Beach, FL. Their price for the base model (no liftgate but it includes Sync and air conditioned seats which are not available on the Edge) is as follows:

Here is the information that you requested on a lease. 24mo/10,500miles/with a rebate of $1,500 / $1,428.22 due at signing is $545 plus tax at 62% residual & .50% rate . 39mo/10,500miles/with a rebate of $1,500 / $1,372.44 due at signing is $493 plus tax at 52% residual & 3.0% rate .

What other lease questions should I be asking?

I do not have the MSRP's for either of these cars but if anyone out there has leased either a 2008 Ford Edge Limited or a 2008 Lincoln MKX can you tell me if the lease rates are competitive? I can't imagine why anyone would pay nearly the same for an Edge as for a Lincoln?
  • Well, I just turned in my Explorer and came home with an edge. I was gonna jump into another explorer, had it picked out and went to go pick it up however the dealer made me test drive the new edge. I have to admit. I loved it. IMO, there was actually more leg room in the edge than the explorer front & back. And I can still fit 4 golf bags in the trunk. :-) Here was my deal. I got an Edge Limited AWD fully loaded - DVD Entertainment. MSRP of $38,260. I put down $2,500 out of pocket which included the first payment, title, taxes, fees & dest. charges. My lease is for $394/month for 36 months and 12k/yr. I'm wondering how I did. Any input would be great. Thanks Guys!
  • pbs0626pbs0626 Posts: 18
    Hello, Could you please lease rates and residuals on a 07 Edge SEL for 12K or 15K miles, 36 or 48 months.
    Thank you so much!!
  • I am also interested in lease rates and residuals on a 07 Edge SEL+ FWD for 39 months, 48,750 miles, good credit.
  • Car_Man,
    I'm going to look at leasing a 2008 Edge Limited in the next week or two.

If you get the chance, can you tell me the current Ford Credit rate for 36/39 month leases (12K)? Residuals?

Been looking over these threads and appreciate all you do. I've learned quite a bit, but there are some numbers that can't be found without help.

Thanks again in advance.
    Barry
  • ddeliseddelise Posts: 339
    Hello -

Can you provide the lease information - Residual, Money Factor, Rebates, and Acquisition Fee - for a 36 month, 12k lease in Florida.

I am interested in either the SEL or Limited models, FWD.

Thanks!

Damon
  • There is NO WAY those numbers are correct. Please post line by line of your Lease Contract. What was your residual 99%??? NO FREAKING WAY!!!!

I don't get why people post fake numbers on these boards, I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.
  • Hi hardhawk. A selling price of dealer invoice on a leased 2008 Ford Edge is really like $500 over dealer invoice once the lease cash that is currently available on it is taken into account. That is a pretty good deal. Furthermore, the lease rate that you were quoted is right in line with Ford Credit's base rate for this model right now. This looks like a good deal to me, especially given the fact that you are ordering your vehicle rather than taking delivery of one from dealer stock.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi ventr4th. The best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the model that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your monthly payment using its base lease rate. You definitely should find out the MSRP and selling price of the Edge that you are interested in prior to finalizing your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.