Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• I was just quoted a price of $468/month for a 36 month lease on the 2008 Ford Edge Limited with is like an SEL but has more things on it - like Sync, rear sensors, leather, etc. I was quoted a price the numbers below for a 2008 Lincoln MKX ...Here is the information that you requested on a lease . 24mo/10,500miles/with a rebate of $1,500 / $1,428.22 due at signing is $545 plus tax at 62% residual & .50% rate . 39mo/10,500miles/with a rebate of $1,500 / $1,372.44 due at signing is $493 plus tax at 52% residual & 3.0% rate .

I think you got ripped off by your salesman.
  • I just returned from the Ford dealer in Ft. Lauderdale who quoted me a lease rate of $468/month for a 2008 Ford Edge Limited (similar the the 07' SEL Plus?) with Sync and power liftgates. This is for a 36 month lease with sales tax included.

Last week I test drove the 2008 Lincoln MKX at the dealership in Pompano Beach, FL. Their price for the base model (no liftgate but it includes Sync and air conditioned seats which are not available on the Edge) is as follows:

Here is the information that you requested on a lease. 24mo/10,500miles/with a rebate of $1,500 / $1,428.22 due at signing is $545 plus tax at 62% residual & .50% rate . 39mo/10,500miles/with a rebate of $1,500 / $1,372.44 due at signing is $493 plus tax at 52% residual & 3.0% rate .

What other lease questions should I be asking?

I do not have the MSRP's for either of these cars but if anyone out there has leased either a 2008 Ford Edge Limited or a 2008 Lincoln MKX can you tell me if the lease rates are competitive? I can't imagine why anyone would pay nearly the same for an Edge as for a Lincoln?
  • Well, I just turned in my Explorer and came home with an edge. I was gonna jump into another explorer, had it picked out and went to go pick it up however the dealer made me test drive the new edge. I have to admit. I loved it. IMO, there was actually more leg room in the edge than the explorer front & back. And I can still fit 4 golf bags in the trunk. :-) Here was my deal. I got an Edge Limited AWD fully loaded - DVD Entertainment. MSRP of $38,260. I put down $2,500 out of pocket which included the first payment, title, taxes, fees & dest. charges. My lease is for $394/month for 36 months and 12k/yr. I'm wondering how I did. Any input would be great. Thanks Guys!
  • pbs0626pbs0626 Posts: 18
    Hello, Could you please lease rates and residuals on a 07 Edge SEL for 12K or 15K miles, 36 or 48 months.
    Thank you so much!!
  • I am also interested in lease rates and residuals on a 07 Edge SEL+ FWD for 39 months, 48,750 miles, good credit.
  • Car_Man,
    I'm going to look at leasing a 2008 Edge Limited in the next week or two.

If you get the chance, can you tell me the current Ford Credit rate for 36/39 month leases (12K)? Residuals?

Been looking over these threads and appreciate all you do. I've learned quite a bit, but there are some numbers that can't be found without help.

Thanks again in advance.
    Barry
  • ddeliseddelise Posts: 339
    Hello -

Can you provide the lease information - Residual, Money Factor, Rebates, and Acquisition Fee - for a 36 month, 12k lease in Florida.

I am interested in either the SEL or Limited models, FWD.

Thanks!

Damon
  • There is NO WAY those numbers are correct. Please post line by line of your Lease Contract. What was your residual 99%??? NO FREAKING WAY!!!!

I don't get why people post fake numbers on these boards, I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.
  • Hi hardhawk. A selling price of dealer invoice on a leased 2008 Ford Edge is really like $500 over dealer invoice once the lease cash that is currently available on it is taken into account. That is a pretty good deal. Furthermore, the lease rate that you were quoted is right in line with Ford Credit's base rate for this model right now. This looks like a good deal to me, especially given the fact that you are ordering your vehicle rather than taking delivery of one from dealer stock.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi ventr4th. The best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the model that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your monthly payment using its base lease rate. You definitely should find out the MSRP and selling price of the Edge that you are interested in prior to finalizing your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you are looking for, pbs0626. In most areas, Ford Credit's current base lease rate for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Ford Edge SEL is .50%. you definitely do not want to lease this vehicle for 48 months. The 48 month rate is much higher, at around 4.0%. Ford is currently providing $1,000 bonus cash and an additional $500 to $1,000 lease cash on the 2007 Edge (the exact amount varies by region). Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi sfowler22. Ford Credit's current base lease rate for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Ford Edge is 0.75%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Barry. I'm glad that you have found these discussions so helpful. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Edge Limited 4WD is currently 3.5% and 55%, respectively in most areas. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 3.75% and 53%. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $500 bonus cash and $500 lease cash that Ford is currently providing on it into account. Ford's cash incentives on the '08 Edge are slightly better in select areas. If you tell me what state you are in, I can tell you if you are in a region that has a better program on this model than the one that I mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Damon. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Edge SEL 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Edge Limited 2WD are exactly the same. As you can see, Ford publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its publishes lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ford is currently providing $500 bonus cash and $500 lease cash on the '08 Edge in your area. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your vehicle's capitalized cost. Ford Credit charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • I don't understand why you wouldn't believe me. Why would I make that up? I will look at the write up of my lease and post it when I get home. :mad:
  • I don't believe you because it is mathmatically impossible. To answer your second question, I don't have any idea why you would make it up. I am a frequent leaser and have been doing the math on the Ford Edge since it came out and there is NO WAY you could possibly lease a 2008 Ford Edge LIMITED MSRP $38,000+ with only $2,500 down which included taxes, fees, etc. for $394 per month. You could probably lease a 2007 Edge for this much but not a 2008, NO WAY. Post ALL of your numbers from your contract line by line.
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    THe math works fine if they went below invoice...and there is 750 rcl cash plus 500 customer cash available on the lease...The numbers work if you plug them in if the dealer went down that low. And maybe there was some equity in that Explorer he traded...
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    On further review...He also put down 2500.. SO depending on what taxes are in his area could be over 1000 as a ccr..So the math works out fine.
    Nice deal!
  • You're high. Get a calculator. The $2500 included destination, taxes, title fees, first months payment. SO REALLY HE ONLY "PUT DOWN" $1,000 OR SO MAYBE EVEN LESS. Like I said, IMPOSSIBLE. And he hasn't posted the numbers so he is a (NON-TRUTH SPEAKING PERSON). I hope that is an acceptable description since they didn't like the word I used on my last post that was removed.
  • Ok, well I'm not sure what numbers you want me to post. This is only my second leased vehicle so I'm not sure which ones are important. Let me know what numbers you want me to post and I will post them. I am in NJ so our taxes are 7.0% and keep in mind that this is the 2nd vehicle I have leased from them. If the deal is that good, why not come down to my dealer and see for yourself. I am a betting man and would love to bet you a new remote starter that that is what I put down and is what I am paying!