Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• Howdy, Car_Man.... My aunt is looking into an SEL AWD (I heard about a 5500 rebate on the limited - any truth to this? She may jump on that, depending), either 2010 or 2011 (depending on stock on Long Island, NY), so I'd appreciate lease numbers for both 2010, and 2011, and both 24 and 36 month leases. Thank you very very much!
  • Hi peteyboy30. Ford is currently providing a $4,250 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Edge in your aunt's area. In addition to that, it has a $1,000 conquest cash offer for current owners of non-Ford products in that area as well...for a total of $5,250.

Ford Credit's base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Edge SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.5% and 45%.

As far as the 2011 model goes, Ford is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the '11 Edge in your aunt's area, again plus the aforementioned conquest cash.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Edge SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 60%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.75% and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I just went to my local Ford Dealer and test drove the new 2011 Edge. I absolutely love it. We crunched some #'s and I was wondering what you all think.

I am looking to lease the 2011 Ford Edge Limited with the 301A package. Base MSRP for the car is 36,995. We worked it out give me 2750 in dealer rebates, 4% APR, 52% residual and with 4,000 down the total monthly payment for the car would be $449 a month. Does that seem high to anybody with 4k down?

I just dont understand how my sister has a fully loaded acura tsx at @ 37K MSRP and only pay $405 with no money down a month. Also, my friend just picked up a fully loaded maxima with no money down and paying $409 a month. How is it that my monthly can me so much higher with 4k down?
  • Out of curiosity on your 2011 ford edge lease, How long was the term of the lease and how many miles per year were included ?
  • The Edge has a lower residual value and a higher money factor (interest rate), so the money you pay goes towards a bigger loan. A typical lease loan is generally made up of three things: depreciation, interest and taxes. The depreciation is made up of the difference between the agreed upon sale price and the residual value. Therefore, a high residual value and a low sale price yields a smaller loan. Then you factor in the money factor or interest. Then, depending on which state you live in, you take that number, divide into your term (generally 36 months) and add on the sales tax.
    Cars like the TSX have amazing residual value, AFHC also charges fairly low interest on their leases plus they give pretty good discounts. Thats the best formula for low payments. The Maxima has a decent residual, but Nissan isn't charging a lot of interest on their leases plus they are discounting the Maxima like mad. That is why your friend and sister can get so much car for so little money.
    Lesson here is that not all cars lease the same, so you need to do your homework. Ford cars aren't very strong when it comes to leasing, so I as much as the Edge intrigues me, I don't think leasing would be wise.

G
  • Car Man,

Can you please supply the current residual value and money factor for a 2011 Edge Limited with 301A package and 15,000 miles per year. I am open to 24,36 or 39 month lease. I saw that you had provided info in a post earlier, however I am having a hard time converting the 0.25% interest rate to the money factor so that I can figure out what my payments should be.

Thanks in advance
  • I'd be happy to help you out, scoot84. Ford Credit's September base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Edge Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year are anywhere from 0.25% to 1.25% and 60%, depending upon what part of the country you are in.

The numbers for a 36 month lease are 3.75% to 5.5% and 55%.

The numbers for a 39 month lease are 4.0% to 5.75% and 53%.

You can convert these lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So for example, a lease rate of 0.25% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00010.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am in NY (long island) and these are the 2 lease quotes i got.

2011 Edge Limited AWD(fully loaded)
    MSRP: $43,235

1st quote:
    $2,100 down
    39 months
    10,500 miles
    $480 month including taxes

2nd Quote:
    $2,000 down
    39 months
    10,500 miles
    $399 month NOT including taxes
  • roho1roho1 Posts: 317
    $43K for a Ford? No way. It's a nice vehicle but...
  • Car Man,

What are the current lease numbers for the 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD for zip 68516 on a 24, 27, 36 month lease with 10,500 miles per year? Thanks.
  • ykamiykami Posts: 1
    Car_man,

What is the current residual and interest for 36 or 39 month lease of a Limited model with 15K miles per year?

Are the any rebates/incentives for general public or current Ford lessees?

Thank you.
  • Car Man,

I ONLY need the 27 month lease rate and residual for the 2011 Edge SEL AWD for zip 68516. 10,500 miles per year. Thanks.
  • Car_man,

What is the current residual and MF for 36 and 39 month lease of a SEL AWD model with 15K miles per year? I am in NJ.

Are there any rebates and incentives for current Ford lessees?

Thank you
  • Can anyone tell me the MF for a 2011 Edge Sport, 3 year 15k miles per year?
    Also, how strict are they with proof of student status or employee PIN number?
    I really enjoy reading the posts in this forum and have finally decided it's time to take the plunge and lease one of these great American cars.
  • Now that November is here does anyone know what the MF and residuals will be on:

AWD Limited
    36 and 39 month lease
    10,500k a year

thanks
  • Hi everyone. Ford is scheduled to introduce its new November programs some time later today. Please feel free to post any questions that you still have about the Edge's lease program again and I'll answer them for you as soon as I have the details. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • AWD Limited
    36 and 39 month lease
    10,500k a year

thanks for your help once again.
  • 27 Months 10,500 per year for zip 68516
    2011 Edge SEL AWD. Thanks.
  • Ford site gives sample leases for all Edges. Took worksheet to dealer. How much should I expect off a 2011 Limited when leasing? 30005 Zip Code. Dealer says they take away deep discounts when you lease.
  • It is a crude estimate at best. You should easily be able to get $600 under invoice price on a 2011 Edge. I had several offers of that exact price and went with the dealer who was $500 higher than the others on my trade. I got a MSRP $37,225 Platinum White SEL AWD with 10,500 miles per year for $333.10 including tax on a 27 month. It's awesome and I am happy with the price. I ended up with $4,258.45 in cap cost reduction which was $2,758.45 in trade equity on my 2010 SEL and $1,500 for Red Carpet Lease Renewal.
This discussion has been closed.