Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• montag28montag28 Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    Car_Man

Im looking at a 2011 ford edge sport in south florida and was wondering what the rates and residual values are on a 36 or 39 month lease for 12K miles/year

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome fletchedm.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go montag28. Ford Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge Sport 2WD with 12,000 miles per year in Florida are 3.0% and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 3.25% and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • herko2225herko2225 Posts: 6
    Hi Car man,
    Please advise on MF and residual for Limited Front wheel drive in SoCal. (24m with 12k & 15k miles).

Even though this will most likely be through Ford Red Carpet Lease, I am only entitled to the current $1k rebate and not the additional $1k rebate (which states you must finance through Ford), correct?

Also, in June two different dealers in San Diego listed their Limiteds at $5k off sticker plus rebates (making it $8k off with trade-in). However, those ads now stopped. Was there a special dealer incentive at the time? It looks like most are only able to get $2-3k off sticker now.

Sorry for all the questions. This will be my first lease and I'm learning alot from you & other members. Thank you so much for contributing to this site!
  • montag28montag28 Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_Man, very helpful.

I assume the 3% isn't very negotitable? The 1,250 credit I would get if I do a lease, is that on top of the $2,000 in customer cash incentives going on or in lieu of since Im not purchasing?

Thanks!
  • sshasan1sshasan1 Posts: 1
    I have a couple of quotes from two dealers 1 at 365 and one at 360 3 years 10500 miles/yr llease.
    Does this sound like a good deal? (this is my first time considering a lease)
    Sy
  • Car_Man, please post the August lease numbers when you have them. Looking at a 10K or 12K mile lease for 36 months on an Edge Limited. Guessing MSRP will end up around $39k-$40k. Atlanta, GA. Coming off a Nissan lease at end of month, not sure if they have any conquest incentives in August. Thanks.
    You're welcome, herko2225. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Ford Edge Limited Front Wheel Drive with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 59%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Ford is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of the Edge in your region. If I was in the market for an Edge right now, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the aforementioned cash.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, montag28. Unfortunately, the $1,250 is in lieu of the customer cash, not in addition to it. Regular consumer cash incentives are not compatible with Ford Credit's special lease program.

Any lease rates that I mentioned are the lowest available rates.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to jviscomi. Ford Credit's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year in Atlanta are 3.0% and 54%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Ford currently has a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area, but no conquest cash that I am aware of in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Can you please provide me with the MF and residual on a 2011 Edge Sport AWD for August 2011? We're interested in either 12k miles per year or 15k and we're located in the 20877 Zip Code (DC Metro Area).

Thanks!
    I certainly can fabricia. Ford Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year in its Washington DC region are 3.0% and 52%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Thank you so much, this info is much appreciated!

Fabricia
  • Car_man,

Can you also please provide the rates for a 39 month term?

Thanks again!

Fabricia
  • Fabricia,
    I am considering a Ford Edge too. My recommendation (and I'm not an auto industry professional) is to keep the lease at 36 months or less. The reason is because Ford offers a 3yr/36k warranty. If something breaks at 3 yrs and 1 day -- the money comes out of your pocket. Although the MyFord touch system seems awesome, it appears this has been an electrical headache for some. Another thing to consider (especially with the Sport) is tire wear. The RCL agreements require 1/8in tread remaining or it's considered excess wear. Those sport tires will wear quickly and are costly to replace. Did you try a 24month lease? The MF rate is equivalent to .25% and I'm finding the monthly cost to be just a little higher.
  • seanb61seanb61 Posts: 6
    Car_Man, please post the August lease numbers (Money Factor, Residual) for Chicago suburbs area if you have them. Looking at a 12K mile lease for 24 or 36 months on an Edge Limited FWD. MSRP of $40,965 (Rapid Spec 302A, and chrome clad 20" Wheels)

Thanks!
  • seanb61seanb61 Posts: 6
    Car_Man, please post the August lease numbers (Money Factor, Residual) for Chicago suburbs area if you have them. Looking at a 12K mile lease for 24 or 36 months on an Edge Limited FWD. MSRP of $40,965 (Rapid Spec 302A, and chrome clad 20" Wheels)
    You're very welcome Fabricia.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey fabricia. Ford Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Edge Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year in its Washington DC region are 3.25% and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi seanb61. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Edge Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.0% and 54%.

Car_man
    Host