Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda/Acura Odometer Class Action Suit

124»

Comments

• johninnjjohninnj Posts: 243
    That reminds me of the idiot athlete who cried that he couldn't "Feed his kids" with his paltry millions. I got 3 of these notices...they all mean nothing to me. The attorney's fees would be better spent giving free oil changes to everyone. It's just as bad as the class-action suit about the doc fees in NJ. Punitive damages are great, but they should go to a cause to help those they hurt...mainly a lot of people...not a few.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Beatuponlawyers.com is down the road thataway --> :P
  • kork13kork13 Posts: 90
    So how do you actually test to find out if your odometer actually is calibrated poorly? it seems to me that with it being 3-4% off, you would need to go over a hundred miles to actually detect the problem...
  • cccompsoncccompson Posts: 2,388
    I just took my '05 Touring R&N on a 2000 plus mile round trip and found the odometer to be dead-on accurate.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    When you take a trip on an interstate, make note of the mile markers as it compares your odometer. Check it a while later. The further your trip on the interstate, the less 'error' you will have in your calculations.

Alternatively if you have a GPS, you can check it against that.
  • Hi,

Just a heads up to everyone. I got my statement indicating an adjustment had been made to include an extra 5%, but the yearly mileage they show on my statement does not equal the 5%. It's actually short by 200 miles. :confuse: Not a huge deal if you're not going over in miles, but thought I'd put it out there in case there is someone who needs every mile. Double check your statements.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Hi there,
    If you are referring to a leased vehicle, could it be that the added mieage is adjusted (weighted) to reflect the alloted yearly mileage? For the cars that were bought, I just got a notice and the 5% figure, no mention of actual miles added.
  • dlfisher1dlfisher1 Posts: 10
    I seems fair unless the Honda owners were left holding the bag. There were lots of these owners who didn't get much back as they had traded in cars and lost money on the trade with the resulting high mileage. Or I suppose that people like me could question why my Honda vehicle with it's now overinflated odometer is now worth $3000 less than its residual left on the lease.It was fair that they compensated me for that overage but it did me no good on negotiating a deal on another car...it's mileage was too high. I also did not appreciate that this mini van only got 14 mpg around town. There were lots of reasons that I won't go back to Honda with those allready stated as the main ones. I won't even get started on just how bad that car buying experience is there while you wait for HOURS to get to see the sales manager, then the finance manager, then the whoever manager and 8 hours later I get to leave. No more Hondas, please!
  • dlfisher1dlfisher1 Posts: 10
    So far, after a year and a half, it has been a much better experience than that whick was compared to the Honda. The service department is easy to deal with. The car is a delight unlike that unstable boat of an Odyssey. The car is pretty much impeccable...it's flaws are too minor to mention except for the CEL but that has been resolved. I give them an A+ on quality, comfort, AND gas mileage (21.5 tonight around town).

I suppose that I know that it may not have great resale but I do plan to hang on to it for many years to come. I don't think that my trade would any worse than being told my Honda that my lease was worth $3000 less than that residual which certainly was no incentive to buy that car outright as I have this Santa Fe.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    I believe the most accurate is the date of manufacture to see if your car is included. The date that Honda stopped using that faulty odometer. You can find the info label at the driver side door frame, together with F/R (cold) tire pressure. It is not recall so I don't know whether you probably will get feedback on that if you register your VIN in www.honda.com

This is absolutely Quality Control issue. Honda has to be responsible for whatever parts they decided to use from contracted suppliers. 4% lack of safety side is big, a matter of life loss if the air bag deploys 4% later or the brake lags 4% that jump off the cliff/bridge. Odometer 4% faster is NO big deal but that sends a signal to consumer that Honda quality is going downhill, like the infamous tranny issue 99-03 Ody.

I personally feel Honda is unwise for mounting "very low ratings on *Will You Buy It Again*" tires on my 08 Pilot (traded-in 07 Ody, you know how I like the Ody now. Actually I want Highlander as they both nice car but the Honda dealer gave me Ody trade-in price $3,500 more than Toyota dealer. Can't argue with that). Tire is Noisy and Poor Handling. Honda may blame it on the tire suppliers, however they won't be mounted on my 4 wheels if Honda used some better tires. Honda might save some money (don't know how much) but sacrifying consumers complains on it.

The old days Honda slogan "The Car That Sell itself" is no more valid.
124»
This discussion has been closed.