Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moisture in front headlights of 07 Outback

2»

Comments

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Went to test drive an impreza 2.5i yesterday and checked all the 07 legacies on the lot. Guess what? out of 10 on the lot, 8 had condensation in them.

-mike
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,276
    I should do that up here. There are more like 30 Outbacks on the lot, probably even more if I include Legacies. I saw a photo of a local '06 WRX a couple weeks ago and one of the headlight assemblies had observable moisture - in a photo taken 20 feet from the car!

I will be taking my Outback in again on 3/6, but I have little confidence that additional replacements will alleviate the issue. So far, I am not sure about the long-term implications of the moisture being there, but if the water vapor is getting in and not able to get out, then it is probably only a matter of time before I have algae, at the very least, along with it.
  • The Outback and Legacy are in their third year of production and I don't think the headlights have been redesigned for 07. I'm wondering if Subaru has changed suppliers for their headlight assemblies or if their supplier has changed manufacting/assembly procedures. As of today, my "new" headlight assemblies are still moisture-free.
  • snowbeltersnowbelter Posts: 286
    Heard that SOA has a "fix" for the moisture in the headlights problem. They are reportedly advising dealers that moisture in the headlights which comes and goes is "normal" and that SOA will no longer replace headlights with this problem.

I'm not impressed with SOA's resolution even though the basic warranty should cover any problems moisture may cause to the headlight system.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,276
    Yeah, well, for these cars, it IS normal. But, for every other vehicle on the road, it is not. I have come to realize that inferior build quality is normal for my car, for sure. Short of the mechanical systems, this thing is falling apart.

It rattles worse than a heavy metal band again, and just this morning none of the dash/instrument lights came on when I started the car. They finally sprung to life about 3 miles down the road. :sick:
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    That is not a satifactory resolution.

Go to NHTSA's ODI section and file a complaint, if enough people do it they'll be forced to take action:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
2»
This discussion has been closed.