Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 3-Series Starting Problems

124»

Comments

• 5539655396 Posts: 529
    Ah, Triumph. I had a Bonneville that I raced at the drag strip. Now have a Ducati and a Honda VTX 1800. I've had multi's but guess I like the twins.
  • ccoleman328iccoleman328i Posts: 2
    Having similar if not the same starting issues problems at first then no starting period with my 2000 328i I checked the starters ignition terminal and there's no power when the key is turned to the starting position but has 12v battery power and cranks the engine when touching terminal together also no fuel at the injectors and no spark when I crank the starter I'm guessing ignition switch but would like to know if that sounds likely and how do i know if the switch is bad I checked the #3 wire input on the harness at the switch (the blue and black wire) and didn't get any power with a test light but I don't know the diagram for the switches circuitry please help also read something about the key and anti-theft system could i have more info
  • ccoleman328iccoleman328i Posts: 2
    Also BMW makes a great car in my opinion they're just costly to fix i suggest learning how to or don't buy luxury cars lol my 3 series has over 250,000 mi and besides this most recent problem I've had little issues. Not trying to be inconsiderate but they are somewhat above average when it comes to the level of difficulty fixing these cars and requires a lot of specialized tools in any case German cars are usually pricey to fix at a dealer
124»