Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 New Owner Reports

124»

Comments

• kring5kring5 Posts: 144
    David, Yes everyone experiences that, I have two suggestions

1.) The gas pedal is drive by wire and is hinged at the bottom of the pedal, Not a metal bar coming from the top of your foot. Acceleration should be a flexing of the foot at the ankle with your heel secure to the floor board at all times. You heel also needs to be SNUG against the bottom of the pedal so you are not accelerating with your toe, you need to have your sole of your shoe FLAT on the entire pedal. This is usually where most people go wrong, they are driving with their toe or leg and not the ankle. The reason for this is you are probably sitting too far back. Move your seat forward 2", I don't know the car your coming from but moving an extra 2" up might feel cramped... ignore it for a bit, it will feel comfortable after a few miles and you forget about how it feels. 95% of the population sits too far back, especially those that drive sports cars for some reason feel like they should be barely able to reach the pedals and steering wheel.

2.) The car comes race-style, the adaptive learning system needs a few hundred miles before it understands how you like to drive on a regular basis. so keep at it and it will get much better. one it learns you, and you learn how it works. you will be astounded at how great the precision of the DBW system is.
  • davidr11davidr11 Posts: 7
    Wow - Thanks for Great hints.
    I will follow up on both.

Thanks again -
    David.
    Is it a good idea to keep the intelligent key in the key port while drviving ? Does it matter ?
    Thanks,

David.
    Nope, it's only there for convenience. I keep my in my pocket at all times.
    Right, but is it (key Port) not used to recharge intellegent key battery ? I can not seem to find any info about key port in the owner's manual.

Thanks,
    David.
    no recharging, the keyfob takes the standard liion batteries and needs to be replaced (batteries not fob) just like any keyfob after 4-6 years.
    Got it ! Thanks again.

David.
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    From the Manual:

INTELLIGENT KEY BATTERY DISCHARGE
    If the battery of the Intelligent Key is almost discharged, the guide light of the Intelligent Key port blinks and the indicator appears on the dot matrix liquid crystal display.
    In this case, inserting the Intelligent Key into the port allows you to start the engine. Make sure that the key ring side faces backward as illustrated. Insert the Intelligent Key in the port until it is latched and secured.
    Pull the Intelligent Key to remove it from the port.

NOTE:
    The Intelligent Key port does not charge the Intelligent Key battery. If you see the low battery indicator, replace the battery as soon as possible.
  • mgk5mgk5 Posts: 2
    Does any of you know how to change display on liquid display screen? Before it used to show how many miles left till empty, now it shows outside temerature. I dodn't know if I pressed anything that changed it or does that change outomatically? thanks
    P.S. Absolutely love this car
  • kominskykominsky Posts: 850
    Just a guess here, but since no one else responded, I figured it can't hurt...

Is there a button on the end of your turn signal stalk? That's where it is on my 330Ci.
  • bolucaboluca Pittsboro, NCPosts: 25
    top right of instrument cluster there is a button to scroll through the display.
  • mgk5mgk5 Posts: 2
    It worked... Thanks a lot :)
  • kominskykominsky Posts: 850
    Leave it to the Japanese to put it in the wrong place... :P
  • i'm about ready to take the plunge to a g35. i'm considering a m35, but think the g may be just what im looking for.

any one care to share with me their thoughts on the 5 speed automatic versus the 6 speed manual?

I'm also leaning toward the sport, but what are the big differences in the sport versus the "x" model?

thanks
  • rhard49rhard49 Posts: 226
    here's my 2 cents. I considered the M but looked at the design and the fact the engine was 275HP vs 306 for the 2008 G35x, that made me think the M35 is a REV behind the G35 especially considering the 09 G37 Sedan the G35 replacement has 326HP.
    As far as the 6 SP Manual vs the 5 speed, reviews show the difference 0-60 to be very minor tenths of a second the gas mileage maybe 1-2 MPG better. Bottom line I just came out of a 6 speed I loved for the first 3 years than got very tired of, so it depends in the type of traffic you drive in. I drive mostly in non high traffic time periods and enjoyed playing with the performance advantage of the stick, but after 3 + years I was looking for out. The automatic is very quick. If I were you I would make sure I liked the way the stick drove meaning clutch engagement point, stiffness of the clutch, how the car launch's things like that. Things you realize pretty quickly can be a major detriment.

As far as the sport vs the X on non X it is different size tires front and rear (Actually a negative) paddle shifters, the trim, the wheels (The best looking part as far as I'm concerned) and the seats, which you actually have to sit in to see if you like as the seat bolsters are pretty tight, search the internet people are taking there cars into upholstery shops to cut out supports to make them comfortable long term.

BTW I love my new G35X with premium and Nav

Good Luck with your Decision
  • Driving my buddies new g35s and i think i stuck the key in the wrong way bcause im not used to the oush button start. the key is jammed in and i cant figgure out how to get it out! someone please help me...
124»
This discussion has been closed.