Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 New Owner Reports

Comments

• triple_7triple_7 Posts: 63
    If it's an auto, the tranny contains Adaptive Learning, which basically means that the car learns your driving style and adapts to it.

My research skills are surely not up to par as many here on this site. I have learned some amazing stuff about the car and have been linked to lots of other great informative sites. But this is one that I've never heard of and was wondering if you could expand on this adaptive learning and where I can get more info on it.

Thanks in advance
    and dont say it's covered on the "other forum" LOL ;)
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    There used to be a page on Infiniti's site that went into detail, but it's no longer an active page... figures.
    Anyways, in the brochure, in the back section under POWER, there is a blurb about the auto-trans.

Automatic - Electronically controlled 5-speed automatic.
    Driver adaptive learning algorithm senses driving style and adjusts automatic shifting accordingly.
    Manual shift mode offers sequentially selected manual gearshifts and Downshift Rev Matching.

BTW, this is nothing new but it is something that has been improved on. A lot of cars on the road offer this. In fact, it was part of my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Piece of crap, btw)
    I had a speed sensor in the transmission replaced once, and it took months for that thing to start shifting correctly again.
    The Adaptive Learning takes time to learn... and takes longer if you're always in Manual mode.

I think the "other" forum gets a lot more traffic, and for that reason, it's a swimming pool of info.
    I just try to take some of what I learn there, and share it here.
    I hoped to find you some useful links, but unfortunately, searching through google for this, I've come up short. :(
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi folks. I need to remind some of you that the Membership Agreement forbids referring people to other automotive message boards (there's a link at the bottom of the page - check it out for yourself).

We need to stop this wink-wink hint-hint stuff about "other" places, because when members pursue what that means, we have a violation of the terms of your agreement with Edmunds. You guys know that, or you wouldn't be so coy in your references, yes?

What I sincerely hope and believe is that those who learn information elsewhere do and will continue to share it here for the benefit of all of our community - and that the nudge-nudge go "somewhere else" for your answers will stop.

Thanks for your cooperation.
  • july349july349 Posts: 2
    I`m new at this, please give me the name and address (location ) of the OTHER FORUM. Thanks !
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Well, DUH! What is it you don't get? Didn't you read posting #87 above :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • triple_7triple_7 Posts: 63
    Wanted to see if I can get any good advice from owners in what to expect at the dealership when I go in. Other than checking the paint exterior and interior for scuffs, tires and that the heated seats work. what others things should i look for. How many keys should i get, any other must have items that i might overlook???

any information would be helpful
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    You are responding to what turned out to be a misunderstanding. You are posting in the right place. No worries!! :)
    Hey Triple... a few things come to mind.
    You should get 2 keyfobs,and there are little Infiniti logo (Mt Fugi) keychains that come also.
    One of the keyfobs should include a little metal tag, which has your code, incase you ever need new fobs.
    Check Tire Pressure, it's high from the factory.

Chek to be sure you got what you ordered... for instance, I ordered Splash Guards and never noticed they were missing until I got home.

The salesguy should have a full check list,be sure he goes through it with you.

Good luck, and enjoy the expereience.
  • crkline2crkline2 Posts: 20
    Scott:

Thanks much for the helpful hints. I had figured out using the scroll wheel work around. That works okay, but as you pointed out not ideal if you have a lot of CDs on the hard-drive.

I have not used the voice commands a lot, plus I forget who I entered voicetags for. :) But that is a problem with my memory, not the G35's design.

Again, I do like the car a lot.

Cliff
  • davidr11davidr11 Posts: 7
    I love this car (for all of 3 days that i now have it).
    One question is regarding a small jump or "jackrabit" type motion when pressing the accelerator pedal to start moving.
    Especially - making left turn at the intersection while waiting for a light to change, etc.. , but i now learned to ease on the pedal to minimize this affect.
    I've read some posts regarding this in these cars, but wanted to know more, if others experience same.
    2007 G35X AWD

Thanks,
    David
  • kring5kring5 Posts: 144
    David, Yes everyone experiences that, I have two suggestions

1.) The gas pedal is drive by wire and is hinged at the bottom of the pedal, Not a metal bar coming from the top of your foot. Acceleration should be a flexing of the foot at the ankle with your heel secure to the floor board at all times. You heel also needs to be SNUG against the bottom of the pedal so you are not accelerating with your toe, you need to have your sole of your shoe FLAT on the entire pedal. This is usually where most people go wrong, they are driving with their toe or leg and not the ankle. The reason for this is you are probably sitting too far back. Move your seat forward 2", I don't know the car your coming from but moving an extra 2" up might feel cramped... ignore it for a bit, it will feel comfortable after a few miles and you forget about how it feels. 95% of the population sits too far back, especially those that drive sports cars for some reason feel like they should be barely able to reach the pedals and steering wheel.

2.) The car comes race-style, the adaptive learning system needs a few hundred miles before it understands how you like to drive on a regular basis. so keep at it and it will get much better. one it learns you, and you learn how it works. you will be astounded at how great the precision of the DBW system is.
    Wow - Thanks for Great hints.
    I will follow up on both.

Thanks again -
    David.
    Is it a good idea to keep the intelligent key in the key port while drviving ? Does it matter ?
    Thanks,

David.
    Nope, it's only there for convenience. I keep my in my pocket at all times.
    Right, but is it (key Port) not used to recharge intellegent key battery ? I can not seem to find any info about key port in the owner's manual.

Thanks,
    David.
    no recharging, the keyfob takes the standard liion batteries and needs to be replaced (batteries not fob) just like any keyfob after 4-6 years.
    Got it ! Thanks again.

David.
    From the Manual:

INTELLIGENT KEY BATTERY DISCHARGE
    If the battery of the Intelligent Key is almost discharged, the guide light of the Intelligent Key port blinks and the indicator appears on the dot matrix liquid crystal display.
    In this case, inserting the Intelligent Key into the port allows you to start the engine. Make sure that the key ring side faces backward as illustrated. Insert the Intelligent Key in the port until it is latched and secured.
    Pull the Intelligent Key to remove it from the port.

NOTE:
    The Intelligent Key port does not charge the Intelligent Key battery. If you see the low battery indicator, replace the battery as soon as possible.
  • mgk5mgk5 Posts: 2
    Does any of you know how to change display on liquid display screen? Before it used to show how many miles left till empty, now it shows outside temerature. I dodn't know if I pressed anything that changed it or does that change outomatically? thanks
    P.S. Absolutely love this car
  • kominskykominsky Posts: 850
    Just a guess here, but since no one else responded, I figured it can't hurt...

Is there a button on the end of your turn signal stalk? That's where it is on my 330Ci.