Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Axles

13»

Comments

• I have a 2006 GMC Seirra 1500 Short Bed with a 6.0 and 4:10 gears. My owners manual says this vehicle is not designed nor intended to pull a 5th or goose neck trailer. Why is this? Is this because of the frame won't handle it or are the afraid of damage to to the cab when making turns. Someone please help.

Thank you
  • shanman1shanman1 Posts: 1
    I ve had my 2011 sierra for 6 months with 3500 kms and would have no pick up and go sluggish and make like a loud poping sound three time s then go away awhile come back continiously took it to dealer and they had to take the engine apart, had a lifter ceased so they replaced all 8 so far so good i wasnt to happy i told service guys if this happens again i want a brand new truck this is like stupid trucks not even broken in yet.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Hello shanman1,

I'm glad that so far the repair that your dealership performed has held. Keep us updated if things start to go south, but hopefully that isn't the case!
    All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2003 silverado 1500 4x4 with 5.3 and 86,000 miles. At highway speed I have a grinding noise comming from the front end. It seems to get quieter when I let off the gas. I can also feel the vibration through the floor and steering wheel. The noise/vibration gets much more prominent when I go over a bump. The noise does not change when turning left or right. The wheel bearings have less than 30 k on them. I`m not thinking the wheel bearing is the problem, I`m kinda thinking cv joints or input shaft bearings? I did jack it up quick last weekend and the left wheel has considerable back and forth play, but no up and down play..
13»