Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Fuel Problem

2»

Comments

• Thank God enough of you Pathfinder owners complained. On March 2010 the recall has started for the Feul Sensor unit. There is some light at the end of the tunnel. The recall is located in the following link: http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/docservlet/Artemis/Public/Recalls/201- 0/V/RCAK-10V075-5769.pdf

this recall is not including the 2005 Pathfinder, even though the part numbers for the 2005 and 2006 are identical.

All of you with a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder that your feul gauge does not work need to complain to Nissan Usa 1800 647 7261.
    You need to tell them to give you a case number.

You also need to contact The http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ and file a complaint.

If enough of us complain, we will get results.
  • bearhitbearhit Posts: 1
    Bump

Wife has 2005 Pathfinder - getting no help from Nissan - we'll just keep calling and wearing out their phone lines
  • trlenoirtrlenoir Posts: 1
    I have dealt with this problem for nearly a year now . . . well I have called Nissan about every 2 months about this issue and finally today, I received word that Nissan will fix my problem at their expense.
  • billydobillydo Posts: 1
    i cant pass emission cause the fuel gauge(sensor)on my 2005 nissan pathfinder went out.i try to call nissan but they wont fix it even though they recalled the one on the 2006 pathfinder wich have the same part as the 2005 .now i dot know how to fix it and i need some help
  • ktz4ktz4 Posts: 5
    This is our 2nd generation of Pathfinder LE, our 98 ran great, no problem besides brake and tires. Can't say that with our 2005 Pathfinder LE, how many car/truck out there that need to change a catalytic converter after 4 years, out of warranty because it's over 100K miles (cost us almost $1000), now the fuel sensor level, engine light kept staying on, problems after problems .. Toyota calling ..?
  • 9728jim9728jim Posts: 10
    I have a 2005 pathfinder with 114K miles. It's fuel sensor went bad about 6 months ago. I've called Nissan to file a complaint but they won't fix it. Just trying to add to the number of complaints hoping they will extend the recall to 2005 models too. Apparently they are recalling 2006 models for basically the same problem only I think the gage reads "full" when there is no fuel in the tank.

My yearly inspection is coming up and I can't wait for a recall to get it fixed so I am going to try to replace the fuel sensor myself. I bought a replacement part from CourtesyParts.com for $100 including shipping.
  • i have a similar issue and i was told my a pathy mech that it sounds like fuel pressure regulator.wont know foresure till i bring it to him.changed plugs,wires,cap rotors only to turn rough again in a week. i`ll let ya know what i find
  • audhamaudham Posts: 31
    Just received in the mail this past week. Unfortunately!!! They only extended the N/C repair to 72 months/72,000 miles. I'm not sure where the @!#** they came up with that figure.

The Recall # is WBI/10-026
  • Same deal with the Xterra - I assume it is the same component. Nissan has sent me a note extending the warranty for that part to 7 year 70,000 miles.
    This after many many complaints.
    Possibly something will come along to Pathfinder owners
  • I may buy a pathfinder but there seems to be a lot of controversy over the use of premium v. regular. The owners manual says use premium, if you can't find premium get regular but immediately refill as soon as possible with premium.
    Question:
    My '05 xterra has 4.0 L, 9.7:1 ratio, 260 HP, 281 lb-ft torque.
    The Pathfinder has 4.0 L, 9.7:1 ratio, 266 HP, 288 lb-ft torque

Any one know why the Xterra is regular and the Pathfinder is premium?

Thanks
  • I have used regular gas in all my vehicles for the past 30 years and have never had a problem with the engine because of it. I have recently purchased a 2006 Pathfinder and it gets 87 octane gas as well; at todays prices that is all it is going to get. Unfortunately, I am reading about too many problems with the Pathfinder and am getting concerned that I have purchased a LEMON, tranny and radiator problems seem to be the greatest concern as well as the fuel level sensor. Hope this helps.
  • The fuel consumption is outrageous. the mileage is as low as 1 gallon to 6.2miles only. The service engine and air bad lights shows yellow on the dashboard.

Please what do I do? can somebody help, mechanics have eaten my money so much.
  • aj101aj101 Posts: 2
    i have a 2000 nissan pathfinder never had any problems until 6 months ago had to get the distributor changed and was perfectly fine. now it starts but will turn off randomly seems like wasnt getting enough fuel i changed the fuel pump and filter but the problem is still there. it starts and drives but will turn off and then sometimes it will restart and sometimes it doesn't for a while. Does anyone know what to do??
  • hemi18hemi18 Posts: 1
    I was wondering if you have resolved the starting issue. I have what sounds like the same problem. I changed the crankshaft position sensor and the fuel filter. Not sure what to do next? Any idea!?
  • I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder and when I am at a traffic light and I hit the accelerator the whole entire truck jumps for a few seconds until I give it more gas and then it is fine. It seems like it is starving for gas for a few seconds, but when I hit the gas pedal a little harder its ok. Does anybody have this problem?? Now a mechanic said it was a fuel related problem, however I don't know what to replace for this split second jumping issue.
  • i have an 03 pathfinder and i JUUUST got off the phone with my mechanic regarding the cause of a problem which sounds exactly like yours. He said that something was wrong with an ignition coil and my spark plugs needed to get replaced. ill be paying around $250 for repairs:(
  • I also have a 2000 nissan pathfinder and had the same problem about 2 years ago after moving to Hawaii. I took it to a nissan dealer and they just started replacing random parts and charged me a lot. I finally just had my car towed back to my house and then started trouble shooting the problem. It ended up being the ignition relay that needed to be replaced. One way you can try to see if this really is the problem is change the remote entry relay with the ignition relay. That is if they're the same part/model number. They were for my car. If this works then you know that you need to purchase a replacement relay.
2»