Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Nissan Rogue

Comments

• I was hoping the Jeep Patriot would have come out with a diesel,as I understand it the PT Cruiser in Europe has one.From what I heard it was something about emissions.
    The 2.5 Nissan engine is a big selling point for me
  • twaintwain Posts: 185
    One addition that I might make to my list is the '08 Hybrid Ford Escape.
    ---------------------------------

It's a matter of personal choice but I'd rather pay 20k for a conventional 4cyl that gets 30hwy than 30k for a hybrid that doesn't do much better. Granted, city mpg will be better on the hybrid.

But I just don't think hybrids are cost effective. Except maybe the Prius or the Civic. I'd prefer a diesel over a hybrid. Great mpg, loads of torque and less expensive. The TDI VW Golf was near 50mpg hwy and had a 700 mile range on a tank. That is sweet. ;)
  • I agree.I live in a hilly area where a hybrid wouldnt make much sense and with the snow we get AWD is a must.A few years back a friend had a VW Rabbit diesel pickup that we drove 150 miles round trip to work.The thing ran forever.And fuel was cheap then.
    I was hoping the Jeep Patriot would have come out with a diesel,as I understand it the PT Cruiser in Europe has one.

How does this sound?... A Patriot that gets 40mpg hwy and has 250lbs of torque. Please, hurry up with the diesels!
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,642
    Well the Liberty Diesel didn't get anything CLOSE to 40 MPG..
  • Yeah, thats what I remember reading.Wasnt it something like 18 or 19?What kind of MPG does the PT Cruiser thats sold overseas get I wonder.
    regarding what the MPG is over in Europe its a much different way to calculate then what we use here in North America. Remember, in Europe thier Diesels are usally small ones, like 1.2l or 1.5l in cars of PT curiser style. But I believe in Europe the PT cruisers diesel is 1.8L turbo diesel..
  • Not to change the subject but I got a brochure,actually more like a pamplet from Nissan today about the Rogue
    Well the Liberty Diesel didn't get anything CLOSE to 40 MPG..

The Liberty is much heavier than the Patriot. And the Liberty used a 2.8, I think the European Patriot has a 2.0. The 1.9 turbodiesel in the VW Golf was rated at 49mpg hwy.

If a 2.4 gas engine can achieve 30hwy in the Patriot, there's no reason a good diesel can't hit 40. With a lot more torque.

And to stay on subject, I hope Nissan offers a diesel in the Rogue too. ;)
  • Didnt Nissan offer a diesel some years back in the Sentra or some other passenger car?
    Nissan Offered a Diesel in the First Generation Maxima back in the 80's, which was a inline 6, but nothing since then in the USA...

Tony
  • I dont recall those but I do remember the Sentra.I just did a search and it says the Sentra had a 1.7 diesel and was available from 84 to 87.
  • Thanks thats pretty good.I had forgotten that my brother in law had one of those Gm's.Got it for next to nothing
  • bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    I keep waiting...it's why I'm waiting until at least September to buy anything...I know if I just go buy an outlander or RAV4 before I look at the Rogue I'm going to kick myself when I do see it. ;)

Of course, we don't even have a "Rogue" section yet...
  • brett2007brett2007 Posts: 39
    The Rogue is still the definite front-runner to replace my '02 Liberty by the end of the year. I wish Nissan would release the final specs/pricing for the Rogue.

I want to see what it'll cost with all the bells and whistles and I am also curious what the fuel economy will be for the AWD model.

I really want to test drive this to see what the CVT transmission feels like, but that'll have to wait until the Fall when they finally start popping up at the dealers.

Current Nissan models have the following mpg:
    murano 19/24
    altima 26/34
    sentra 29/36

Rogue is built on the same base as the Sentra, so I would expect it to get better mpg than the larger Murano, but prob not quite as good as the Sentra since that's only FWD and probably lighter than the Rogue.

The UK version of the Rogue (the Nissan Qashqai) gets REALLY good gas mileage, prob because its based on the Versa platform instead. Although I believe it also has less power than the Rogue.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/home/v...en_GB

No matter what the mpg, the Rogue has definitely got to do better than the 16.7 avg mpg that I'm getting from my Liberty now.

For the past two weeks, Nissan has released pricing for diff '08 models on Tuesday, so hopefully the Rogue pricing will show up on nissannews.com tomorrow.
  • charlieb53charlieb53 Posts: 25
    My 98 Altima with almost 200,000 miles probably gets close to 30 MPG.And the best part is it just runs and runs and runs.My Mazda Tribute gets 17 or 18 MPG.Thats with the V-6 so I am sure the Rogue will top that.
  • bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    The Rogue actually uses the Altima drivetrain for the most part, so I'd LOVE to see 26/34, but I guess that'll depend on how heavy it is. I'm mostly curious about how the trims and options will come out as well. GOT to be better than the Outlander's setup (I HATE the way Mitsubishi does options...they're almost as bad as Toyota!).

I'd like to know if there will be interior color options besides black, too. I'm not terribly fond of black interiors...
    I know what you mean.Its confusing enough buying a car.I would think there would be a few different interior combos,at the very least the beige and the grey that everybody has.And with gas hitting 3 bucks a gallon,MPG's is a major consideration.
    With gas over $3, I'm really curious about the mileage of the Rogue. If it's better than the CRV and RAV4, it might be very successful.

Before long, many people may refuse to buy a car that doesn't get at least 30mpg hwy.
    I hope its at least in the upper twenties.My daughters Sonata is averaging 25 MPG with a 5speed and 4cylinder.It has 1500 miles on so hopefully it will get alittle better.With AWD if the Rogue does anything near that I would be happy.
    Anyone have any new info?
    Any idea when official specs will be released by Nissan?
    what are you looking for as far as Specs ? Nissan released the Altima Coupe earlier then what it said it was, so maybe the same thing well happen with the Rouge..

I have seen 2 of them here in Phoenix, with manufacture plates on them (AZ is known for its hit weather testing) and I really like what I have seen.
    In particular, I am hoping for:

* a pricing break-down
    * MPG ratings
    * color/interior choices

Any chance you could get some spy shots?
    Have you seen any different colors?
    That would be nice.I would settle for a photo of one in any color but that one they keep on showing.
    since the Rouge hasn't been released the info you are looking for hasn't be released. Prices, colors, options aren't released until release date..

Tony
    Sometimes this info is available before the release date, especially pricing and MPG rating. If you look at the nissannews.com site, Nissan has already released some of their '08 models' pricing.

-Brett
    Last year during Heroes, we saw a lot of the Nissan Versa, looks like this year it'll be the Rogue.

"...In this one-of-a-kind deal, Nissan will use "Heroes" as the central hub of a multi-pronged marketing campaign for the launch of its new crossover vehicle, the Nissan Rogue. The campaign will kick off on the night of the "Heroes" season premiere, which will be exclusively sponsored by Nissan and broadcast with limited commercial interruption. To further enhance the viewer connection to the Rogue, the vehicle will be integrated into the premiere episode and driven by a main character."

Full story here:
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070613nbc02
    I don't know where carsdirect supposedly got this info since I haven't seen it released anywhere else. So I'd take this info with a grain of salt. I couldn't find any MPG info on their site.

http://www.carsdirect.com/2008/nissan/rogue/colors
    Release date is supposed to be Sept or Oct?
This discussion has been closed.