Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Exterior Problems

2»

Comments

• pelican19pelican19 Posts: 323
    Off topic:

Did you purchase your Santa with the running boards or are they after market? If after market, can you tell me where you got them?
  • mpuzachmpuzach Posts: 635
    Yeah, I'd like to know, too. They look great. Any info you can share would be great.
  • The running boards were installed by the dealer but they are Santa Fe accessories. The Hyundai Canada website prices them at Cdn$715.95... "Getting in and out of your vehicle is easy with a set of durable running boards."

Never really liked the tubular steps. I think they look good on the pre-07SF but not on the 07SF. My agent mentioned that the running boards are new for the 07SF and have just been out a couple of months when I ordered my SF in May 07.

Glad I had it installed because so far, I have not really seen any aftermarket equivalent of it (at least, nothing that looks like this). Makes entry and exit a lot easier and cleaning the roof more manageable :)
  • wendolinewendoline Posts: 3
    I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe and I'm having a problem with my interior facia board rubber going soft and tacky, it leaves finger prints in it when I touch it. I had the car detailed last week and now black rubber is coming off it and onto my hands, it seems to be getting worse. Is anyone having the same problem? and Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix or maybe seal the dash facia board rubber? :cry:
  • gabejogabejo Posts: 5
    It would seem the detailers used some sort of cleaner which interacted with the rubber, especially if it wasn't a problem before you had it detailed. If it was done at a dealership etc. or other company with a customer service department, take it back and see what they can do to fix it.
  • Thanks for your comments, the rubber has now dried and is no longer giving off rubber marks all over us. But when I inspected the rubber more closely it seems like the top layer is the problem and the rubber under neath is still hard and in tact.

I spoke to another Santa Fe owner and she informed me that her's has the same problem. It baffles us as we were both told that the sun causes it but we both garage our Santa Fe's and don't leave them in the weather. I'm guessing if I can find something to bring off the top layer and then seal the bottom layer than it will fix the problem for the future.
  • could a leak in the exhaust flex pipe be causing this sensor code?
2»