Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

0-60 is so yesterday!

1234568»

Comments

• As I said on the CX-9 thread bluetooth is indeed available, on the Grand touring trim level of the vehicle and I'm checking whether it is available on the touring level.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    LOL!

Yeah, I figured as much. But it sounds like she's got her heart set on a crossover of some description. It's probably just as well Lexus killed the SportCross 'cause she probably wouldn't look at it anyway.
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
    Thanks, I'll catch up with you over there.
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
    "It's probably just as well Lexus killed the SportCross 'cause she probably wouldn't look at it anyway..."

She absolutely wouldn't have, but even with their inane focus on 0-60 (see, it's not off-topic), and their redone-till-overdone interiors, and their propensity toward stuffing every useless piece of gizmatchy junk in there in the name of "luxury", and their "we stole it from Honda by way of Chris Bangle" styling... I might have. Assuming availability with a real sport package, and none of that wood trim garbage, of course.
    :blush:
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-Cars-0-60.asp?Process=ShowTable&Irate=- - 0.0&Month=60&DPay=0&STax=0

Some very good estimates...Now days anything above 7 seconds is yesterday....My personal favorite 0-60 est. is for my 2009' Cadillac CTS-V which is est. to cost $56,000 and has a 0-60 time with "ONLY" 505 hp. which btw I think it will be more than that but does run 4.0 seconds flat to 60 with 505 hp. est.

I don't know if that kind of 0-60 time is quite fast enough for me ????? :blush: Come-on GM, drop 600 horses under the hood and gimme down in the 3.7 range at least so I don't die of old age getting her to 60 mph. :P

-Rocky
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Fantasize away, but that database is chock full of errors. The curb weights on the 911 are all wrong (cab weighs same as coupe?). A 300hp BMW 535i is quicker than a 360 hp BMW 550i??

In any event, I think you should try getting your kicks out of putting your butt in the seat of a real car today. Not sitting on the throne reading some magazine or GM press release about what might be coming down the line next year or the year after. Especially when they can't get their simple facts straight and GM is back to flirting with bankruptcy.

And, by the way, the actual road tests of the 911S put it at 3.9 to 4.2 seconds, not Porsche's conservative 4.5 number that the list quotes. Imagine that, under-promising and over-delivering - I know, a foreign concept to GM. ;)
    In any event, I think you should try getting your kicks out of putting your butt in the seat of a real car today.

There is nothing I really like made right now habitat. I don't have a need for new transportation as I have a car and a truck. I'm likely going to sell the truck and buy another used car and then when the right car comes a long new I will jump on it. The 09 CTS-V is something I know I'd like to own. The Buick Velite Convertible, is another I sure would like to own. The 09' CTS-V is coming and it not some fantasy as their are several pics of it and a few video's watching GM, test it. So I will gladly wait until my CTS-V comes out if their isn't going to be anything great enough for me to buy. It appears no other car company is going to step up to the plate and offer me most of what I want. I suppose the Lincoln MKS, could get some consideration from me this fall but I think the CTS-V will ultimately be the car I buy as it is indeed a 4-door Corvette and will fit the wife and kids comfortably. :shades:

-Rocky

P.S. Where and how is GM, back to flirting with bankruptcy ? :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Since this discussion isn't about GM, we'll ignore that "P.S." and have that conversation in one of the GM-focused discussions :)

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

okay.... ;)

Rocky
  • buymea911buymea911 Posts: 1
    I've got no idea what the 911 cab actually weighs but according to Porsche's website it weighs the same as the coupe.

911: http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-carrera/featuresandspecs/?gtabindex=5

911 Cab: http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-carrera-cabriolet/featuresandspecs/?gtabindex=5

Who's right? You...or Porsche and PCN? Not being sarcastic. Just curious.

Didn't see too many other errors in their database. I've been shopping for new wheels and purusing their stats for a few weeks.

As for the 2008 535i being quicker than the 2007 550i, that is possible. They are different model years with totall different engines and gearing.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    "I've got no idea what the 911 cab actually weighs but according to Porsche's website it weighs the same as the coupe."

Fortunately, Porsche does a much better job building actual 911's than web sites. There are a number of errors in their on line specifications. And don't try too hard to "build your Porsche", it won't allow you to pick more than a fraction of their roughly 80+ options.

According to the complete 911 brochure I have, the 911S Cab weighs 187 lbs more than the 911S coupe (3,318 vs. 3,131). The base coupe and cab show nearly the same difference (3,263 vs. 3075). Those are "curb weights", listed on page 119 of the 2005 edition of the 997 Brochure. Tiptronic adds 88 lbs to all.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    You gonna pay the $55K and suffer 5mpg for the 2009 CTS-V? Ouch. Better have a gas station in tow.
    You gonna pay the $55K and suffer 5mpg for the 2009 CTS-V? Ouch. Better have a gas station in tow.

What ???? Try atleast 26+ real world mpg hwy kdshapiro. ;)

-Rocky
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.