Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford News

Comments

• bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    So the Toyota fanbois say it doesn't count? Gee, what a surprise.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,012
    Hey, are you calling my wife a fanboi?

:P

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

If the Prius fits... :shades:
    It would fit nicely in the garage. But that "wave your foot, open the hatch" gizmo on the C-Max is pretty cool.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Yeah, wish they could have put it on the Focus too.
    Ford gets hammered by JD Power for their tech implementation but there's a reason for working out the bugs:

"For Bryan Espey, 26, who works marketing for a check-printing company in Lenexa, Kan., the decision between a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium and a Volkswagen Golf TDI came down to which made it easier to play the Spotify Internet music service from his Android phone, he said. He chose the Focus."

4G Internet more important to Gen Y than V-8 cars (Detroit News)

• anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,173
    No wonder GM rushed out the new Rentibu...

link title

This beats the Camry hybrid and is a serious contender for the current Prius.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    But, I bet you can't get it in a manual. :(

Otherwise, it has everything going for it.
    Sporty looking 4 door sedan.

What eco-conscious person is going to buy that? No one will know your street cred. :P

"Ford Motor Co. says its Focus small car is on track to become the best-selling car in the world this year, trumping the Toyota Corolla.

Ford sold 489,616 Focus sedans and hatchbacks worldwide in the first half of 2012. That was almost 27,000 more than the perennial best-seller, the Toyota Corolla."

Ford Focus on track to beat Toyota Corolla as best-selling car (Detroit News)

If only it had a bigger gas tank (and a REAL manual mode) I'd grab one.
    Worldwide? I'm curious what % are manual transmissions. I think they have a very nice feel to the shifter. I seriously considered the Focus due to the extra cargo space (the passenger space is similar to Fiesta) until I stumbled across the Fiesta I bought. FE is so comparable as to be of limited concern; the higher price tag of course made me pause a little.
    The WSJ is reporting that Ford is "preparing to shake up its European operations as the auto maker moves toward the expected naming of an heir-apparent to Chief Executive Alan Mulally.

The Dearborn, Mich., company's board is close to naming Mark Fields, now head of Ford's North and South American units, to the new position of chief operating officer."

Mulally is 67 but no retirement announcement appears imminent.

In other news, Oldest Ford Car Up for Auction (Inside Line)

Ford and the CAW have a new 4 year agreement up on Canada. So attention will again shift to Mulally and whether he sticks around next year in one role or another.

"Reports have been out that the board is now considering its replacements for the great CEO. The good news for Ford investors is that this may not take place until late in 2013. The bad news is that if you look at the body language that Mulally has telegraphed, and if you look at the comments from the company, a Mulally departure in the relatively near future seems all but certain. Reports last week showed that Ford might even consider keeping Mulally on as a nonexecutive chairman."

More on Ford After the Mulally Regime (Market Watch)

• dieselonedieselone Posts: 5,641
    edited September 2012
    A nonhybrid Fusion can be had with a manual. The 1.6 ecoboost has an available manual trans in the '13 Fusion. The 1.6 EB with a manual could be a fun car. To bad a manual won't be offered with the 2.0 Ecoboost.
    It can, though I'm not sure it would be all that peppy given it is a 3500# car. It guess its overall feel would be determined more by its driving dynamics than its acceleration. I think that, in this case, we were discussing the hybrid version specifically. But, if they can pull off something like mid 30s EPA rating on the car, it should be quite a hit given that it knocks the pants off the other class offerings in terms of looks.
  • dieselonedieselone Posts: 5,641
    It can, though I'm not sure it would be all that peppy given it is a 3500# car.

I'm optimistic considering the 1.6 ecoboost has a decent amount of torque across a wide rpm range. So while it certainly won't be fast, with a manual, it could be entertaining to drive at least.
    I agree, depending on driving dynamics. It certainly looks like it could be entertaining!

I'm still nursing my annoyance with Ford being non-committal about putting the 1.6L ecoboost in the Fiesta. That would be fun. Heck, it's fun without the ecoboost; having it would be a downright BLAST! :shades:
  • berriberri Posts: 4,141
    The unions always seem to pick Ford when times are difficult. I guess they're an easy mark for caving in.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,120
    Actually, Ford was the last to cave into the UAW. Henry Ford had his own private army of thugs led by Harry Bennett, who was nothing more than a gangster, to attack striking workers.