Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Climate Control Questions

2»

Comments

• MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,647
    Could be the expansion valve. This makes sense given your symptoms. Why is it expensive to fix? Well it isn't on all cars, but it could be in an inaccessible spot (often behind the glove box or buried under the dash) and you have to evacuate the entire AC system, dry it, replace the valve and refill. So the expense is mostly labor and refrigerant. The valve itself is probably well under $100 bucks. (just looked it up---it's $78 from the dealer but a whopping 6.4 hours of labor to replace it!!)

So what are they quoting you---something like $700--$800?
  • kentgtrkentgtr Posts: 1
    I also have a 2005 Corolla (with 120,000 miles) and am having the exact same problem. I would appreciate it if you could let me know what you found was wrong with yours, and what the solution was. Thanks
  • terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    And your refrigerant is up to specs. too? That would be the first place to start.
  • 2004 Toyota Corolla can't fully divert hot air to floor vents, some air still comes through the dash vents. As a result, my face roasts and my feet freeze in the winter. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks. :confuse:
  • mike1956mike1956 Posts: 1
    when I change the selector switch on dash from defrost to vent no matter which one it will not change at all, it always stays on the defrost vents, A/C works fine, nice and cold but I can't seem to be able to get the vents to change in order to get the air in my face or on my feet to cool the car, I'm not sure if the selector switch has a fuse or if one of my vent changing actuators went bad, anyone know the easiest way to check this out, thanks for all your help, have a great day.
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,647
    You might have the car scanned to see if any HVAC trouble codes come up.

The actuator motor for the blend door is located (I'm just squinting at a diagram here) way up under the glove box area--up toward the windshield.
2»