Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems and Solutions

Comments

• vidtechvidtech Posts: 212
    wijoco mentioned what i would suggest.the AOD transmission would not have a vacuum modulator.it would have either linkage or a cable to control shifts.i would check these for a binding condition especially at the transmission.
  • My f-150 thus shift with a jerk in all gears when
    shifting upward it may not be the tranny,it maybe
    something else which is jerking,the truck has done that since i bought it in may of 02,i have to do some work on the truck,which i did like
    change transfer case seal,gaskets fluid etc.
    I have to check the mounts to see what condition
    they are in,I like this truck and need to keep it working.
  • Anyone else getting bad reception from the Ford radios in their SCrew? Dealership changed out radio with 'updated' model and problem persisted. Tech working case says he see this problem all the time, and swapping antenna doesn't seem to help, either. Note: new 'updated' radio has noisy fan.
  • wijocowijoco Posts: 462
    Is it a static sound or just a loss of radio signal?
  • Loss of signal; words/lyrics are slurred and indistinct. It is not as noticeable on instrumental
    pieces.
  • lennxlennx Posts: 73
    I would say the radio reception is not a strong suit in the F-150 - on par with our Venture. My Camry had better reception.
  • The after market replacement rotors lasted longer than the stock ones but, the vibration is back. Has any body tried a different composition pad?
  • I love Ford trucks. I have owned Ford trucks for over 20 years. I just traded my 2001 F250 for a 2004 F150. Better mileage, smoother ride, new look had me hooked. Well after 150 miles, with my kids in the truck, I went to stop and the pedal hit the floor. I hit the emergency brake and limped into the dealer. Well, they had to replace the master brake cylinder. I hope this was a one time problem or Ford had better start selling something else if thier 25% market share in F150's continue to deliver this type of disapointment.
  • I'm sure if there was a problem with every master cylinder in every 2004 F-series, we would hear about it on dateline by now. Sorry to hear it happened to you, but do realize that you can't produce and sell the most popular truck in North America and not have a few defective parts come through the assembly line. 150 miles could mean it never showed any signs of a problem, until the failure. Again, sorry it happened.
  • My 90 F-150 won't come out of low range. The shifter will move and all the linkages to the transfer case are operating properly, but when I shift I stay in 4 low range. Any ideas. Thanks
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Check the final part of the linkage that attaches to the shaft coming from the t/c, to see if it's moving while the shaft remains still.
  • Shaft does move with linkage.
    In that case the t/c needs to be removed and opened up to determine the problem. A t/c is pretty basic so a repair shouldn't be too difficult/expensive.
    You're welcome!

:--)
  • mullins87mullins87 Posts: 959
    Sorry to read about your brake problem with the new truck. I'm glad that you and your family wasn't in a crash as a result. I agree with Michael. With that many units being produced and sold, it's inevitable that a few defective parts are going to slip through QC. Something like that could've happened on any vehicle, new or old. I've had it happen with a brand new replacement unit.
  • Hi hope everyone had a happy new year. I own a 99 f-150 with 75k miles on it and need to replace the upper and lower ball joints. I have replaced them before on other cars. My repair manual states that the upper and lower have to be replace with the upper and lower control arm and the ball joints themselves are not replacable by themselves only. Is this true and how hard is it to replace them. I have read on previous posts that some people are paying from $600 to $900 to replace them. They don't look to difficult to replace just want to know if anyone else has replaced there own a how hard was it.
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,931
    You do not have to replace the upper and lower control arms to replace the ball joints. I think you will find that Ford only spares the joint with the A-arm. However, after market ball joint replacements are available. You will need to drill out and remove the rivets to remove the old ball joint. The new joint will be re-installed using bolts.

See your local auto parts jobber and they can help you.

Good luck,
    Dusty
  • forgot to tell you that it is a 4wd f-150 anf I have been to the auto parts store and they are one assembly with the ball joint attached to it.
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,931
    Ah! Okay. Yes, I was refering to a 2wd version. We've replaced them on our F150 fleet and I know the joint is sold separately for them.

In all honesty I didn't know that the 4x4s required the whole arm.

Best of luck,
    Dusty
This discussion has been closed.