Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems and Solutions

Comments

• I have an '04 new body style F-150. State law in Georgia says that you are not required to wear a seat belt in an open bed truck, therefore if I don't wanna wear the seat belt, I don't. If you do not put the belt on however the d@mn thing dings for 5 or 6 minutes! It drives me and everyone who rides with me crazy! I LOVE this truck! But somethings gotta give with this dinging!

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thanks!
    Scott
  • kg11kg11 Posts: 530
    If it can be done it's probably not as easy as putting on the seatbelt.
  • In the owner's manual it has instructions on how to deactivate the audible fasten seatbelt reminder. You have to turn the key on and off and fasten and unfasten the buckle in a particular sequence.
  • #698 of 698 Re: How do I get rid of that d@mn seat belt ding? [greatskott1] by cornellpinoy Sep 06, 2004 (12:05 am)

In the owner's manual it has instructions on how to deactivate the audible fasten seatbelt reminder. You have to turn the key on and off and fasten and unfasten the buckle in a particular sequence.
    >>>>>>
    Great! I'll look for it first thing in the morning. Thanks for the help!

Scott
  • wijocowijoco Posts: 462
    Easy, tort reform!

;)
  • I have a new 2004 (14,000 miles)F150 that stalls on a daily basis. It stalls when at idle and and the engine safty mode comes on at any speed shutting down the gas pedal. The Fail Safe Engine Mode indicator comes on all time as well and it shuts of the gas supply to the engine allowing it to idle only? It's been checked out now two times and the Ford dealer resets the computer and gives it back to me???? Anyone else encounter this or know what the cause might be,because the dealer doesn't know???
  • I just noticed your message and posted a simular one today with the same problem! My 2004 F150 stalls on a daily basis as well as the Engine Fail Safty Mode turning on (which shuts off the gas pedal function). I've had the problem now since July and the dealer has reset the computer twice and it's in again today for the same reason. I hope this download comes soon becuse my truck is not reliable the way it is!!
  • this truck is sitting at my dealership with the engine pulled and the cost is 5000.00 that i dont have and ford won't stand behind it
  • what failed in the engine?how long do you think ford should stand by it?it is nearly eight years old.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    You haven't given much detail about the actual problem with the engine in that one sentence!

Perhaps you could expand a little, so we could make more sense of the whole situation?

Things like symptoms, mileage, how the dealer got to pull the engine, would be a good start.
  • hi,i have a 2001 f-150,supercab,i have noticed extreme jumping that seems to come from the rear of my pick-up. i thought it was the worn tires,but i had them recently replaced.the pick-up had 34k when i bought it this year,now it has 45k on it,it has had this problem since i ve owned it. this problem i ve noticed seem to happen at 70mph on highways that have washboard bumps on them. its not as bad at 55mph,but ive noticed other pickups in front or behind of me that seem to be riding smooth,my headlights shining on other vehicles on the road are constantly jiggling,has anyone else had this problem,thanks for any information or help.
  • Same situation here.. '01 F150 Supercrew - with around 45K miles. I think it is the shocks. Had the front shocks replaced at around 20K miles after the front tires were ruined. Mechanic told me that Ford puts on the worst factory shocks and has seen some last less than 15K miles. Probably time to get the rears replaced now.

Has anybody else experienced this?
  • I have a 2003 Ford F-150 SC with 24K, when do I change the transmission fluid.
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Jumping - What is the pressure in your tires, especially the rear ones? Compared to the recommendation pressure on the door tag?

Transmission - Read your owners manual. The 'Maintenance' section will specify when the transmission fluid is to be changed.
  • I have just recently bought a pre-owned 2003 F-150 4x4 XLT with the XTR package. The dealership where I bought the truck didn't know what the XTR package is. Does anyone on here have any information that would help me understand what I have?
  • I have just recently purchased an F-150 supercab 4x4 XLT with the XTR package. I bought this vehicle from a dealership which sells a lot of different models of used cars. They couldn't tell me everything about my truck like a window sticker would. Is there anywhere that I could obtain this kind of information on my truck through my vin # ? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • schris4ua

can't you use Edmunds used car page and look up this exact model to determine what comes standard with the XTR package?
  • I have an 1994 F150, 180,000 kms, auto trans. Four months ago it started shifting hard into 3rd. The fluid contained bubbles. I changed the fluid and filter and it worked fine. It is starting to shift hard again into 2nd and 3rd usually after it has heated up. There are no bubbles in the fluid now. Any comments, or suggestions would greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Has it been serviced regularly, i.e. regular filter and fluid changes and band adjustments? If not, with the mileage you have, don't be surprised if it needs a rebuild.
  • I have a 2004 F150 and have recently noticed a howling sound while accelerating. I have 10000 mile on it currently. The dealer said it is a known problem with the rear axle in some way, cant remember their exact wording. They told me that Ford engineering is working on a fix.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
This discussion has been closed.