Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems and Solutions

Comments

• rdupre1rdupre1 Posts: 3
    Sorry to here that happened with only 6K miles. I was wondering what Ford had to say
    about that?? I have a 2001 also, but only have 600 miles on it right now. If I paid this much
    for a truck and this happens to me I will not be a happy camper. And in fact, you should
    somehow be compensated by Ford for your troubles. Good Luck.
  • jcave1jcave1 Posts: 137
    Yikes. You've got at least two of us concerned. Mine has 13K. Hopefully your's is premature failure and not something we can all look forward too. Agreed, especially for the money paid...... Please keep us posted.
  • I have a 00 f150 standard. when I go into first gear from a dead stop I have to jam it in gear; as well as into reverse. I have it in the shop twice for this same problem can anyone help please. thanks
  • bessbess Posts: 972
    With my 89' Ranger (5sp), I noticed that from a dead stop it was difficult to get into reverse. If I shifted to 1st or 2nd and then go to reverse it would smoothly go every time.. Something about shifting into another gear first lined up the synchros better for the shift into reverse..

With my 00' F250 Superduty (5sp), I hardly ever use 1st anyway because its really a creeper gear meant to get heavy loads moving. However, if I want to shift into 1st or R from a dead stop, I can simply put it into 2nd, then goto 1st or R and it works every time.. It's just a habit I do everytime before shifting into R to shift into 2nd and then goto R.

I think the tranny in the F150 is different from the Superduty, so I'm not sure if my experience is relavent to your issue or not. But I thought I'd share it anyway.. Have you tried this method?
  • Has anyone had problems with "ghost wipers" on a '99 F-150? These seem to turn on by themselves as you drive without any prior warning. The only way to stop 'em is to manually turn the wipers on & off. Then they stop! Any recall or awareness notice? It gets very frustrating while sitting in traffic.
  • My wife drives a 99 explorer that had the same problem and also a couple of the lights in the steering wheel cruise control buttons were out and the dashboard instrument lights would flicker. Took it in under warranty and they replaced a switch and a few other things and all went away for about six months. Now the flickering is comming back.
  • 2001 F-150 ext cab 4.2L.
    I have had the truck to the dealer 4 times. First time light was not on, but the night I brought it home the engine bounced rpm's between 2000 and 500ish then stalled. after the first few days it did this again on several occasions, stalling a few more times but sometimes pulling out of the problem ok. The fix as ststed on the work invoice..."remove and re-install cam-synchronizer 180deg at proper timing.

After this was corrected, the light has not stayed off for more than 30 miles out of the dealership yet it runs fine. Since the first fix, they have replaced the PCM and cam stator assy. Still showing light since this service on Aug 29. I have not yet sheduled a new appt. but I will be taking it back when I have the time.

Any comments on a cause, I'm sure the dealer service need a clue.
  • I have 26k miles and use the same fuel (regular) since new. Now I notice that the engine pings on hilly drives such as rt 92 heading to Half Moon Bay. I also notice what at first I thought was torsion bar creak or catalyst expansion noises but now believe may be backfire when the engine is cold...any feedback would be much appreciated...
  • i have 86 k on my 97 f 150 the turn signals will usually be alright on cold start up but if i make a stop and restart suddenly no signals.ive changed the battery and alternator and the voltage is textbook ie about 14.7 which used to be right (fords take a little higher voltage)there no relay for nthe turn signals that i know of.
    its a little maddening grrrrrr help please
  • I am tring to take off my headlight fixture on my 95 f-150 truck. There are 3 retaining clips that hold it on. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks to taking it off or do I have to purchase a special tool to do this.

thanks for any help

matt
  • I was hoping soemone might tell me a link to a site where I can learn more of the specifics of older (1995) F150 4x4's.

Things like option codes, HP ratings, towing capabilities etc.

Also, links to performance mods and accesorizing.

Thanks,
    Keith
  • Try the following:

http://www.f150online.com

http://www.F150world.com

They both have forums sections where you can ask

• bpetbpet Posts: 16
    I have a 2000 F-250 SD lariet that has the single disc CD player in in the radio. When I start my truck the radio comes on to a default volume setting no matter where the volume was set to when I turned the truck off. I would like to know if anyone knows how to change this default setting. I asked at the dealer and and none of the service people knew anything about it.
  • bessbess Posts: 972
    If your below a certain volume ( 0 to 3 bars on the volume scale), when you shut off the truck, it will turn on at the same volume you turned it off. If your above that volume when you turn the truck off, then it will turn on at 3.

There is no setting to disable this feature..
  • vcorsvcors Posts: 1
    I RESCENTLY ORDERED MY FORD F-150 LARIAT AND RECEIVED IT IN JAN. 2001. AT 700 MILES, THE TRANSMISSION BLEW. FORD REPLACED IT AT NO COST TO ME.SINCE THAT TIME THE IDLE AND SHIFT PATTERNS HAVE BEEN VERY ROUGH AND UNPREDICTABLE.
    LAST WEEK, I WAS IN A HEAD-ON COLLISION AND WAS SENT INTO A TELEPHONE POLE AT APPROX 25 MPH.WITH THE COMBINATION OF RECALLED SEATBELTS AND THE FACT THAT THE AIRBAGS DID NOT DEPLOY, MY WIFE AND I WERE INJURED, BUT LUCKY TO BE ALIVE.
    I CONTACTED FORD TO FIND OUT WHY MY $31,000.00 TRUCK, WHICH I BOUGHT FOR IT'S SAFETY RATINGS, IN MY OPINION, DID NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.
    FORD TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD BRING THE AIRBAG SENSORS TO A FORD DEALER AND, AT MY EXPENSE, WILL TEST THE SENSORS AND TELL ME IF THEY ARE RESPONDING PROPERLY.WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD SAY? NO, THEY DIDN'T WORK CORRECTLY,PLEASE SUE US?

I'VE OWNED FORD TRUCKS FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS, BUT I WILL NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN.
  • Have a 99 F350 V10 SRW Auto with 65,000 miles. The exhaust heat (I guess) caused the two small diameter hoses connected to the EGR control valve to disintegrate and pieces of the hose jammed the control valve. It cost $300+ and was not covered under the Warranty Direct Policy which excludes emission components. The valve is located above the driver side head.
  • I've got a 99 F-150 with 57k. Few problems, but nothing that ever left me sranded. Ive had the driveshaft housing replaced at about 20k. The speedometer head and idle sensor was replaced at 55k. The thing that never feels right, is the alignment. It has pulled to the right, since the first day I had it. Other than that, not much else
  • You may want to check with Ford, I am not sure but I think they are required to cover some emission items under warranty for 100,000 miles.
    Good Luck...
  • hutch7hutch7 Posts: 88
    After several years of continuous problems with my '97 F-150 ext. cab I finally reached my limit with my latest engine problem. Coolant leak from the timing chain cover (AGAIN!) Ford refused to admit there was a problem with the engine, and when I finally pointed out the leak to the dealer, they agreed and charged me $65.00 for troubleshooting! Needless to say the $31,000 SCREW
    I was planning on getting this year has turned into a Tundra (forgive me guy's but I'm way to PO'd at Ford).
  • Bot truck in early '96. Dealer put 4.10 gears 'cause it wouldn't pull my 8000 lb bote. Werks great now. 16 mpg city, 20+ hwy if I keep it under 65. 8-12 mpg towing. Usually get better mpg in hills. Over Donner Pass-8,000 ft- gets better mpg than flat hwy. Weird. Piston slap started at 14k miles. No worse at 90k. Guess it's not a problem. Tranny shifts good as now. Best truck ever. Too bad Fords CEO is a green weenie and is selling Ford down the Eco-nut river. Hope the Nissan full size has a diesel option.
This discussion has been closed.