Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems and Solutions

Comments

• dorsey1dorsey1 Posts: 1
    My 2,000 F-150 left driver door window doesn't work. Rest of windows are fine. Replaced relay in fuse box and it was fine for two weeks, maybe total of six uses. Now it isn't. hy would a relay keep going out?
  • mullins87mullins87 Posts: 959
    Have you looked at a manual to see if these systems all have one thing in common? Could very well be one of those large, high capacity relay/maxi-fuses under the hood. Or a fusible link somewhere in the wiring harness could be the culprit.
  • I picked up my F150 two weeks ago. After 70 miles on the road I realized I had problems. There are two problems: 1. a constant vibration like I am driving over a cobblestone road not matter at what speed. 2. if I accelerate between 55-60 mph, it bogs down and vibrates almost like a motor mount is lose. I returned my truck for repairs three days after I drove it off the lot. The dealership balanced the tires and ran diagnostics on the engine. I have no evidence they ever road tested it, and they never called me to verify that the problem was solved. I now have 3,000 miles on the vehicle and the vibration is no better. After a 600 mile trip this weekend, I found my body still shaking three hours after stepping out of the truck! Coincidently, I met another F150 owner at a gas pump on my trip, and he had experienced a similar problem with his 2004 off road version. He said he had tires replaced, drive shaft replaced, and other items, but still has the problem. I don't have the time or patience to continue taking my truck back to the dealership for repairs that may not solve the problem. I traded a great 2000 Lariat for the 2005 version. At this point I am plenty sorry for that decision.
  • grammergrammer Posts: 3
    I BOUGHT A 2001 FORD F250 5.4 V8 WITH 50000 MILES, I NOTICED A FUNNY NOISE WHEN IT GOES INTO LOCK UP. I CAN ONLY DESCRIBE IT AS A FLUTTER. I CAN'T REALLY TELL IF ITS COMING FORM THE TRANS OR MOTOR OR EXHAUST. THERE IS NO LOSS IN POWER OR NO ABNORMAL SHIFTING THAT I HAVE NOTICED. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IT MIGHT BE BEFORE I TAKE IT IN. YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS FOR THEM JOKERS AT THE DEALERSHIP TO DIANOSE A PROBLEM! IF ITS NOT A MECHANICAL PROBLEM I JUST DEAL WITH IT BUT IF ITS SOMETHING THAT CAN CAUSE FURTHER DAMAGE I RATHER GET IT FIXED NOW.\
    THANKS
  • If it was the relay, none of the windows would work, which narrows it down to either the switch or the motor. If you don't have the means to check either, I think the switch is cheaper.
  • paintmanpaintman Posts: 23
    i put in an aftermarket device on my turbo, it did give me more power the pickup speed is noticebly smoother and much faster, i am hoping for the 2-3 mpg increase they claim i'll get,. has anyone ever noticed any problems from doing this?
  • tired2tired2 Posts: 1
    MY DAUGHTER HAS A 2000 F-150 WITH TRITON 4.6 ENGINE,AUTO TRANS. SHE HAS HAD THE TRUCK AT LEAST 15 TIMES WHILE DRIVING ENGINE WILL STOP AND STEARING LOCKS UP.ONCE SHE GETS TO A STOP ENGINE WILL RESTART WITH OUT PROBLEM PROBABLY AS MUCH AS A MONTH OR MORE BETWEEN PROBLEM. BEEN TO FORD THEY ARE SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS.IM CONCERNED THIS COULD HAPPEN DURING A HIGH SPEED TURN AN CAUSE HER TO LOOSE CONTROLE OR WORSE.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    i put in an aftermarket device on my turbo, it did give me more power.............

What was this unnamed aftermarket device?
  • i have a 78 ford f-150 its only 1 wheel drive. i can't find a pozy traction kit for it. anyone know where to look?
  • wpalkowskiwpalkowski Posts: 493
    Not a real problem, but something to think about..... Automaker design the engines such that they make lower power, but they'll supposedly be trouble free for a long time. When you raise the engine's power output, then something's gotta give. Many of the "aftermarket devices" can make your exhaust gases run much hotter. This can cause the turbo to get too hot and and may result in premature bearing failure. ($$$) To play it safe you may want to put in an aftermarket exhaust gas temperature gauge called a Pyrometer. That way if the turbo is getting too hot you'll at least know about it and can adjust your driving accordingly.
  • paintmanpaintman Posts: 23
    it was a "shifty booster" by shiftyperformance
  • back_52back_52 Posts: 2
    On my 2003 F250 Superduty overhead center console,The eyeglass door broke off at the hinges, I cannot find any screws to remove it to replace door,does anyone know how it comes off.
    Thanks
    Robert
  • jamesojameso Posts: 1
    I've experienced a really bad front end vibration approximately 5 times over the last 3 months. The truck only has 19,000 miles on it. This vibration is so severe it feels as though the front tires are jack-hammering off the road. 4 out of the 5 times I pulled over, came to a complete stop and when I started to drive again, it was gone. This last time, I pulled over several times because the truck became almost undriveable but it didn't disappear so easily. It finally stopped after the 4th stop on the side of the road. I dropped the truck off this morning at the dealer in an effort to find what's wrong while still under warranty. He said "You're driving it like a car." What is that supposed to mean?!? This is no little vibration with an irritating noise; this feels as though the front tires are literally bouncing off the road. Something's definately wrong. Then he asked ME "What if I can't replicate it?" He's the mechanic isn't he? I hope they took a good look at what could be causing it, but I have a feeling I'm getting the "oh well" attitude. Anyone else experiencing this severe vibration?
  • I bought a 2004 f150 lariat and had alot of problems with vibration. after taking the truck back to the dealer 4 times I decided to get rid of it so I talked to the salesman that sold it to me and he swore to me the 2005 model had the problem corrected supposedly the frame was to stiff. I purchased a 2005 lariat with every option 44,000 dollars. well this one has the problem but worse I only have a couple thousand miles on it but the salesman was fired before I could make a complaint to the dealership. the dealership will not accept any fault and they tested the truck and said the vibration was normal. I dont know but vibrating so bad that it will shake your sodas in the center console doesnt seem normal. maybee we should do a class action law suit???????
    I hate to rain on your parade but I don't think you can replace just the little door. You have to buy the overhead console assembly. :mad: ($$$) :cry:
  • back_52back_52 Posts: 2
    thanks but the price of the new door is $75 at the dealer.

Robert
  • I have a 2003 F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel 4wd that is having problems with the 4wd unit. It seems to slip out of 4wd low from time to time. When that happens I have to get out and manaully lock the hubs in then it appears to work fine. I have had the truck since it was new and have had all required maintenance done. I use the 4wd daily as I need it to get up my driveway. I have taken the truck to the dealer and, of course, it wouldn't fail for them so they couldn't fix it. Any suggestions on what to do next or what the problem might be?
  • well yesterday I took the truck back to the dealer again they finnally told me straight up they didnt know how to fix the vibration and said it was something I would have to live with this was very nice to hear considering I have owned fords my whole life has anyone went further with this problem or has everyone decided to just give up
    I guess that was one of those incremental mods Ford's made to the trucks. In my year ('01), the door wasn't replaceble. Lotsa folks were angry when they had to replace the whole overhead.
    I realize your truck isn't that old but have you checked the vaccuum lines going to the "shift on the fly" actuators that engage the hubs. You may have the start of a vaccuum leak; the hose may be brittle or a connector could have a small crack. If you're running anything else that requires a vaccuum (ie. A/C - the dash vents are vaccuum controlled), it could be that the vaccuum pump can't keep up so the hubs drop back to the disengaged position.
  • how about converting a duly to 4 wheel insted of 6 also can i use one of the rear tires to replace a flat in the front and if i can do i need to take the other side off or put the flat in the rear and drive to a repair shop :sick: :sick:
  • No, I haven't checked the vacuum lines for the shift on the fly actuators. I will check that.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    The spare tire of a dually can fit in all 6 positions. The wheel is simply turned around for the outside rear dual position.

You can change a dual-rear to a single-rear. There will be some minor bodywork necessary where the rear fender extension attaches to the pickup box sheetmetal, and you'll need to remove the hub extensions and clip the dually fender marker light wiring. Removing the hub extensions will also require getting normal offset wheels. Far easier than the other wauyy around.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • kjohns1kjohns1 Posts: 1
    I placed my truck into 4X4 low gear today when I pulled out a small ficus hedge. It will not come out of gear now. No vacuum leaks, Driving in reverse didn't work, fuses checked and OK. Any other suggestions before I have it towed to the Dealer? thanks
  • I have a 1997 250 4x4 powerstroke that the brake light is on and pedal is stiff and won't stop. Does this sound like master cylinder or something else ?? Thanks for any help
  • I just took my 05 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 Lariat with 2,400 miles to the dealer on Friday because of a constant vibration between 50 and 65 mph that has existed since I purchased the truck new. Yes I should have noticed this when I test drove the truck, but who would have thought. I was told by the mechanic that the ring and pinion (whatever that is?) would need to be replaced and they would need my truck for 3 days to rebuild the rear-end. Maybe your truck has the same problem?
  • emorenoemoreno Posts: 4
    HI , I have a 250 diesel 6.0 lt 2004 , few days ago the motor have loss of power and after that a lot of black smoke , these happens from to times to times ,( today 4 times ), but is momentanealy , when I accelerated it , them begin to work ok , please If there is somebody that can help me is appreciate .
  • apapp4apapp4 Posts: 1
    MY TRUCK WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A BAD INJECTOR. PER SERVICE MANAGER, HE STATED THAT "THROUGH FURTHER DIAGNOSTICS, THE TECHNICIAN BLEW THE MOTOR". MORE THAN LIKELY FLOODED IT WITH GAS, ETC..
    I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM ENTITLED TO, IT SEEMS THEY ARE GIVING ME THE RUNNAROUND. THE THRUCK IS A 2003 SUPER CREW WITH 40K.
    THEY WANT TO REBUILD THE MOTOR, I AM FURIOUS AND WANT A NEW MOTOR INSTALLED.
    PLEASE ADVISE.
    THANKS.
This discussion has been closed.