Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems and Solutions

Comments

• My friend has a ford F-250 superduty truck that has been sitting a couple weeks.The other day got in and used the truck for a few minutes and when finished turned off the key and removed key.About 30 minutes go by and we could hear the radio on in the truck.The radio come on all by itself with the key in his pocket.This is really strange.Got in the truck and turned on the ignition and turned off the radio all is OK?for now.If you turn off the ignition without turning off the radio 1st it comes on after a few minutes or sometimes hours.Any hints as to what is wrong...This is a first for me.
  • dcadedcade Posts: 1
    I am trying to replace a bad front end bearing, but I can't seem to get the 4 wheel drive locking off to get to the spindal and locking nut to access the bearings. Can anyone help?

Thank you
    Don
  • Are you getting the noise when you have the AC on. I have heard a similar noise when it is on but not with it off.
  • I need help, I have changed everything I can think of: spark plugs, wires, coils, fuel injector, air cleaner, fuel, fuel filter, injector cleaner, fuel sensor, no codes come up on computer, check engine light is not on, the miss is only on acceleration, it tends to be worse when the engine is hot, once up to speed miss is gone. Anyone with any ideas....?
  • Hey Micomark
    I also have a piece of junk 150 with the shakes, been to the dealer SIX times for the same thing. Changed the front rotors, new tires, drive shaft, re balanced tires again, oh yes very important the DAMPNER on the frame trick (ford's patch) didn't work either, and somethings they tried that they couldn't tell me about ??? Also called another ford dealer service department and they told me that there was a TSB on the ring and pinion gears ( laser cut wrong )... Let me know what happened with the court thing. Thanks, I feel your pain ! :lemon:
  • jrosasmcjrosasmc Posts: 1,704
    I have the opportunity to purchase my neighbor's truck, which is a '95 F-150 4x4 long-bed, 300 straight-six, E40D transmission. Although the bodywork is a little tired at 115k miles it still runs like it's new and he maintains it by the book without fail. He is trying to let it go for $2800.

Now my main question is this- Are there any major weaknesses/trouble spots that the 300 six has?
  • Good torque - low horsepower ( for its displacement ) These motors have served me well .one was an 84 and the other was a 73.both trucks ran over 200,000 mls. with NO internal work ever.
  • Wow.... Your vibration problem sounds exactly what I went through with my 1991 F150 for 10 years. Just recently one of my vendors told me to give him the truck and he would straighten it out. I was using Uniroyal 31 x 10 x 15 all terrains. Believe it or not, it was the balance. I had 4 different sets of tires on that truck over the years and they all vibrated intermittently, mostly @ 55 to 65 MPH. Several different companies tried to balance them out with the same results. I can't tell you what type of balancer they used, but will find out. I finaly sold old faithfull and bought a new F150 Lariat 4 x 4 and love except for 2 things, gas mileage and the inability to lock out the hubs. Which go hand in hand. :( I called Warn and they claim they have no intention of making a kit for it. $$$$$$$$ I think the 4 x 4 on the fly is a big mistake, especially with fuel @ $3.00 per gallon.
  • i am having the same issue with my 90 f150 5.0 L what did you do to fix it?
  • Vinny - or anyone else- did the dealer fix your headliner rattle? I have a new 2005 SCREW w/ moonroof and the light hitting the roof is driving my nuts.

Also have you had any trouble with the rear end? Specifically the slipping and "clunking" noise when taking off from a stop. I believe I read it is related to the clutch assembly in the limited slip differential.
  • greakogreako Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I have a 1999 Super cab 7.3 diesel with a 6 speed manual transmission. 57,000 miles. I have had the truck since new and changed the oil and filter every 4,000 miles along with all the reccomended maintaince. I have not had any problems with it at all, but just yesterday the "check engine soon" light came on. Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to what I should look for before taking in to a dealer?
  • The other day I took the bed off of the truck, rear pinion seal needs replaced, someone had done a little "extra "wiring" under the frame and several other things needed some attention. I broke out my mig welder and did some weld repairs on the frame and the rear bumper. Before I started welding, I unhook the Positive terminal on the battery. Now nothing works on the truck but the horn. I have power (13.1 volts) from the Battery to the solenoid, but no further. I have never heard of frying a solenoid by welding on the frame, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • I've had most of the above problems. I've now had my truck in the shop for 40 days (8 times) since March. Went to arbitration with the BBB last week and won a repurchase but it is still going to cost me about 7000.00 once it is all said and done. So I really don't come out ahead. I would suggest to anyone reading this to hire an attorney and pursue the Lemon Law in order to recoupe all that you've spent. I haven't accepted the decision yet and considering an attorney to start the lemon law process. If Ford would just treat their customers better instead of giving us the run around we wouldn't be here today talking about F 150's that DO HAVE A PROBLEM.

Micomark, I'm curious as to what you've done since you've written this and what have the results been?
  • Ranger 67: Very similar situation. Same solutions but not solution. Have vibration since purchase. Ford knows they have an engineering problem. Otherwise I like the f-150. My truck has been in the dealership 7 days since my purchase 2 weeks ago. How did you make out with Ford Motor Co. in replacing the truck? Thanks. lemon: ???????
  • While driving the engine sputters, like its running out of gas - then the engine revs higher than the speed I'm travelling - the overdrive light on the shifter (automatic) is flashing - this can't be good news! Any solutions? or advice?
  • Is it common to have a fogging problem on a truck as old as 1991? Is that usually only when the heater core is gone?
  • I have 86 f250 with a 460. When I try to start the truck, I have fuel. Once started the fuel bowl is full in the carb but there is no more fuel flowing from the tank. I tried switching tanks but the same thing happens. Once the fuel is used up in the carb the truck shuts down. I have replace the fuel filter, the fuel vapor seperator, the fuel pump relay switch, the electronic module, and today I'm replacing the selector switch (which broke when removing the lines). What is wrong???? Any advice will be appreciated.
  • I have the same problem. It happens after driving for more than 15-20 minutes. The noise is very loud. It stops after I slow down to about 10mph and pull over.
    Just as I slow I hear two clunks and then the noise stops. I have an 2004 Lariat 4x4.
    Please help. My past experience with my dealer has lead me here first. I had to advise them about the PCM update to take care of the lag in acceleration.Then they scratched my fender when I took it in for the first state inspection and I only had 8000 miles on it. I need to find a better dealer.
  • the ABS lite stays on 2000 F-150 lariat, only 17,000 miles, brakes appear to work fine. Any one else experience this problem? Any suggestions on where to start?
  • I have a 1994 Ford F-150, 4WD, 302, Short Bed. I use this truck on my farm and it has oversized tires. It starts and ran fine until yesterday. It has since developed three noticable problems. #1 - No speed ohmeter (It started jumping back and forth now it stays on "0". #2 - At the same time the ABS light came on. #3 - The transmission is now shifting hard. It did this for a short time yesterday and then seemed to be OK. It started again today and has the three problems. I checked the transmission fluid and it is OK. (The only thing I could think of to do.) What could be wrong that would cause all three items to occur at the same time? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you - Marilyn
This discussion has been closed.