Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Electrical and Lighting Issues

Comments

• perryhperryh Posts: 3
    Belated update on the Tacoma lights problem.

Took to dealer. Required about 3/4 day probing and searching but finally found the problem.

There was a loose plug-in connector in the rear of the dash panel. Seating it cured the problem.

pH
  • scashscash Posts: 1
    Did you get a response to your problem? I have the same issue with my 99 Toyota Tacoma.
    Thanks
  • No, not really from this Forum, if that's what you mean by "response".

Dealer took care of problem as noted in my post (#22 of 23).

All's been fine since. :)
  • malonebpmalonebp Posts: 2
    I own a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. Over the past couple weeks, probably 2 or 3 times, my windshield wipers would randomly start wiping when they were set to off. I could easily just play with the controls and get them to stop. Now, they are stuck on the 2nd to highest speed and will not turn off (unless I pull the fuse, of course). They will go faster if set to the highest speed, but otherwise they are always running on the 2nd to highest speed. Any Ideas? Thanks!!
  • malonebpmalonebp Posts: 2
    One more thing to not that I didn't point out - Right before the wipers were turned on to the point where they would not stop I had tried to turn them on with too much heavy snow in the windshield. Because of this they would not wipe, so with them still "on" I got out and wiped the snow away with my hands... they started to work... they never stopped. Not sure if that changes anything, but I thought I'd note it. Thanks! -Brian
  • red108red108 Posts: 1
    My '03 Tacoma 4X4 w/trailer hitch seems to have an issue with it's taillights...and ONLY the taillights.All other electrical components seem to be in working order. This is an intermittant problem.Can't find any pattern to the occurence of failure. BOTH tailights fail at the same time.Have tried the usual, replace bulbs, replace fuse type stuff... I would appreciate any input from out there.. Thanks- Red
  • jkennonjkennon Posts: 1
    My 2003 Tacoma has the towing package. The turn signal/brake light wiring on my trailer shorted blowing the fuse. After I fixed the short and replaced the fuse, the turn signals & brakes work fine on the truck, but the trailer turn signals & brakes don't work. I finally found that the trailer flat plug mounted under the rear bumper on the truck is supplying only about 7 volts to the turn signals/brakes, not enough to light the trailer turn signal.brake bulbs. The tail lights are fine. I can't figure out why. Any help would be appreciated!!!!! Thanks
  • anyone know how to change the ignition system in 97 tocoma w/secuity sys. can you just remove the swich assy. If so does anyone know how? Can I just remove the tumblers or wafers and replace with them out? Thanks very much.
  • bajajacbajajac Posts: 1
    08, Taco, 4x4 Prerunner. Today the overhead temperature displlay just displays 75 degrees and it is 105 outside temp. Does anyone know of a cure/repair?
  • I'm having the same problem as in message # 28 with my 2004 Tacoma. I haven't checked the voltage but I've checked everything else. No shorts, no blown fuses that I've found. All lights on the truck work fine. Only the turn signal lights on the trailer work. No running lights, no brake lights. I've checked the ground and all the bulbs. Any ideas? Anyone? Thanks for your help.
  • ginaw1ginaw1 Posts: 1
    I am trying to find out why my battery light would be on

is it a loose connection, bad battery or my alternator maybe? the truck is custom but runs good other than some sputtering problems i have recently started having. Can anyone give me a clue as to how to troubleshoot this problem?
  • 2004 Tacoma 6 cyl TRD. Put in a new die-hard gold, now digital clock is blank and radio (am-fm -cd) is not working either.. #11 fuse is good. Any help?
  • everytime i press the brakes the right turn signal lights up but does not flash. the right and left signals both work properly when not braking. :confuse:
  • bigandybigandy Posts: 70
    The temperature guage and compass in my 2005 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 stopped working perhaps 6 months ago. I nosed around here and recently checked a series of posts on another forum and found that a couple of very specific resistors on the board had failed connections. This is turning out to be a not uncommon problem in this truck.

It's pretty easy to get the whole unit out (one screw and tug against a couple of spring clips), disconnected (two cable connectors) and disassembled to get at the circuit board. Toyota wants an astonishing $800 to replace the unit. A friend re-soldered the resistors and I'm now back in business, confident that my pal's solder work is going to hold up far longer than the ones done by the manufacturer in Mexico.
  • I've had my 95 4x4 3.4 5spd taco for like a month. its got like 266k miles. I've put about 2k on it already. It just started acting up.
    i go out to my truck after work yesterday, and the radio (still original am.fm.) is playing and the interior lights are on.
    The stereo turned off when i got home a half hour later, but when my wife came home another 2 hours later, the stereo was on again, and whe i walk out to investigate it turns off on its own.
    Now the interior lights still don't turn off (they only) dim and i have to turn off the stereo manually, if i don't want it running randomly when i'm not in it.

I live in Calif. and it's recently been raining. the only significant rain since i've owned it...
  • scavanaghscavanagh Posts: 1
    My 1999 Toyota Tocoma has an issue with the brake light / blinker light. When I have my left turn signal on it works until I step on the brakes then it just goes solid. Any ideas as what I can check. Thank you
  • Hey there I have the same problem any chance you can tell me exactly what he did ?? gonna try and fix it aswell
  • 2004 Tacoma

When I flip the turn signal lever down for a left turn, the RPMs jump up 500-1000 from the previous RPM level. I can do this over and over.

Also the when flipping the left turn signal lever down, all of the rear lights blink except the right turn signal light which does not light up. If I press the brakes they all stop but remain on.

Also when pressing the brakes, the left turn signal lights, front and back, turn on continuously.

While the left turn signal is blinking I can hear and feel a very noticable clicking in the gear shift control.
  • switched engines out from a 5spd to Automatic and now i am having problems with it,
    started but no current going to plugs??
    From Distributor no electric going thru wires to the plugs....

Please advise..........

thank you.... :confuse: