Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• djm18djm18 Posts: 1
    If you figure that the car depreciates 60% from MSRP over the first 48 years/ 48k miles, then my math says that first $4k of miles cost you 1/12th * 60% of the original MSRP or 5% of the MSRP/OTD price (pick your poison).

I would have asked them for another $1500 of discount.
    Alternatively, find out what a lease company charges for overages on a 36-48 month lease ($.30?) and demand that as a discount ($1200).
  • picked up for $30K + TTL, good price?
  • Above is with Bose/power lift gate.
  • What dealer in tri-state? Did you get thw 0% as well on this 2011?

Thanks in advance.
  • raykalraykal Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2012 Touring with Bose/moon roof + power liftgate + remote start + roof rail, wheel lock, cargo net ... The final price was just under $33K + tax+ registration (125) + Doc fee (399). Also got the 0%/60 months financing. This was the lowest offer through internet price quotes near boston area. We were also looking at GT model, but the 20" wheels were too bumpy and may not be good for northeast snow. Thanks to all the comments on this forum...helped a lot to make the final decision. Did I get a good deal?
  • $30K looks good. A month ago I got a 2011 CX-9 Touring in NY Metro area for $30,500 +TTT.
  • theecontendertheecontender Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I was quoted $34,498 or very close quote was under $35k on a 2012 CX-9 GT DEMO Vehicle with 5000 miles, navpack, bose, power lift, white paint, sand leather interior. But after I was approved for 0% APR for 60 months, the sales guy calls and tells me that if I use Mazda Financing at 0% APR that they couldn't sell it to me at the original asking? Why would the asking price INCREASE to $36,186 based on using their own financial incentive offer? Is this standard practice? This doesn't feel right.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    All cash incentives cannot be combined with the special financing. It's an either/or.
  • hp6130hp6130 Posts: 49
    Does anybody know of any good Mazda dealers in San Jose,calif.
  • cericceric Posts: 1,093
    edited January 2012
    I bought mine from OakTree Mazda at Stevenscreek.
    However, I do not blindly recommend every salesperson over there.
    Still, do your the email cross-shopping routine. Find the best price.
    If you have a trade-in, factor that in at the same time.
    For post-purchase services, I highly recommend OakTree. I live in Fremont, but
    I go there for services. That says it all.
    :)
  • How's $29500 for "2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD 5K miles" by owner on craigslist ?
  • lwb3lwb3 Posts: 5
    I dont feel good about this deal, but I already signed and walked away. This was my first lease of a car so I wanted to get your perspective on it. We had a 2010 Cx-7 Sport that we were financing. We traded that in for a 2012 CX-9 Sport that we decided to lease. According to the paper work, we owed 16,500 on the CX7 which they gave us 16, 600 for and then leased us the CX-9 for a term of 48 months/ 10,000 miles for $365 per month.

I feel like I should have walked away for 24 hours and looked at the lease terms then tried to talk them down on the price, but got a little overwhelmed by the whole thing, and signed. In the big picture, we still had 4 years left on our loan and would have paid off the $16500 and been left with a car that was too small for our needs (cx7) instead we are paying an additional $1200 over the 4 years for a bigger, nicer car and we can walk away at the end of it and go lease something else.

THe whole leasing concept freaked me out anyway, now I feel worse about it...
  • So you have the same size car, will own nothing at the end of the lease and have nothing to show for paying out all that money. No equity at all.

You know, in most states you have 3 business days to CANCEL any contract.
    Call a lawyer, or legal aid or dept of consumer protection and ask how much time you have you can cancel a contract.
    The CX9 is definitely bigger and better for our purposes. Yes there will be no equity but the way I saw it, we already owed more than our CX7 was worth and we had outgrown the car. The KBB value was around $14K and we owed $16

The hardest thing for me to swallow with the lease is that we will have nothing at the end of the lease..just more payments if we get into another one. I think I would feel alot better about it if it had only been 36 months

In NJ you have 24 hours to get out and we are past that already. Just trying to learn for next time.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,048
    So you have the same size car, will own nothing at the end of the lease and have nothing to show for paying out all that money. No equity at all.

They bought the last car... and, didn't end up with any equity in that one, either.... so, not sure how leasing will be any worse..

You know, in most states you have 3 business days to CANCEL any contract.

That doesn't apply to vehicle purchases...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I recently test drove a 2012 CX9 GT, with the car having only 5 miles on it. During the first 10 minutes of the test drive a awful burning smell came through the vents. When I put the vent control on recycle the smell went away but when I put it back on fresh air, the smell came back.

The sales rep said that it was the undercoating spray and that after 20-30 miles it will go away and that this happens to all Mazda cars. Is this true and has anyone else had this smell during their test drive, or even even after buying their car ?

Thank you.
    I havent experienced that. We have a 2010 CX7, a 2011 Mazda 3 and now, 2012 Cx9...You should test drive a different vehicle and see if you experience the same thing
  • nsbio1nsbio1 Posts: 48
    edited February 2012
    I did. back when I bought my 08 Mazda3. It was noticeable but not too bad, and it went away in two days. We are buying a factory-ordered CX-9, which will be hopefully delivered in a couple of months, and I will keep an eye (a nose) on it though.
  • Thanks lwb and nsbio. I will test drive another Mazda model to see if the smell is there.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    When I bought my 09 GT, it had the same smell but it burned off after about a week.
  • Hi everyone,
    This is my first time to post but a long time reader of townhall talk specifically with Mazda forums. I just wanted to share my price paid on a new CX-9. I got my new FWD CX-9 Grand Touring with RSES, nav, power liftgate, tow prep for 34,000 plus TT&L from Bankston Ford/Mazda in Fort Worth, TX. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    Wow! That's a great deal for a 2012. Did you get the 0% financing at that price?
  • buddy938buddy938 Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    No. I took financing with my credit union. I was also surprised when I called them because this option is very limited here in DFW and I felt I wont get this below invoice (36,526 I believe). They gave it to me 34,429 at first but I was able to talk them to 34,000 with free tint. Not bad at all. Loving the car!!!
  • waynejswaynejs Posts: 5
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a CX-9 sometime, I'm in no hurry. I've been emailing dealers around my area (midwest). I have an offer from a dealer for a 2011 CX-9 AWD Grand Touring with moonroof/NAV/powerlift gate. MSRP is $39,650, the dealer is offering it for $32,300, no 0%. Do you think this is a good deal? Thanks in advance!
  • If you don't need the financing, I'd offer $1200 less. Otherwise it's a decent deal for a year old car that's been sitting unsold. Is it Black/black? Most leftovers are LOL.
  • waynejswaynejs Posts: 5
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'll see if the dealer will go lower. She couldn't go lower than 33k at the end of february, but I guess with march incentives, she can go lower now. the car is black/black, lol
  • trf215trf215 Posts: 2
    Can anyone in upstate NY recommend any dealers for a 2011 or 2012 AWD Grand Touring with the RSES package? I just started the internet shopping. The target prices Ive seen on the 2012 vary from $35,355 - $37,800 and on the 2011 from $32,500 - $34,500. What do you folks think? Thanks.
  • kaushik1kaushik1 Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2011 GT AWD on Saturday in Austin for $34500+TTL. It didn't come with 0% APR. If I wanted 0% APR then I had to add $2500 to the sale price.

The package includes Nav, Moonroof, powerlift gate, Class III Trailer hitch, remote engine start, splash guards, roof rails & rear bumper guard
  • alcapalcap Posts: 24
    Hello all,

How does this deal sound...I live in northern NJ and was offered for 2012 CX-9 GT AWD w/ Bose/Pwr Moon Roof, Power Life Gate MSRP 38,435. 36 Month lease 550.00 per month 15k per year sign and drive 0 out of pocket. Sounds like they are ripping me off.

What do you guys think?
  • ram55ram55 Posts: 1
    Seams to be a very good deal in austin. What is the dealer name.

I recently got a quote of 30000 for Touring with moonroof/bose.