Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rp001rp001 Posts: 3
    I got a quote for a CX-9 Touring AWD with Bose/sunroof/liftgate/rear Camera in Northern NJ for 32750. With 5k down, dealer is asking $519/month for 60 months with 0% financing.
    What do you guys think of this deal?
    He also quoted me $369 for 42 month lease (12K miles) with 2500 due at signing.
    Would appreciate if somebody in northern NJ could share their prices/quotes and let me know how these prices sound.
  • 5000 + 60(519) = 36149 ?? is not 32750 makes no sense to me

I don't lease so I can't comment on that aspect.
  • rp001rp001 Posts: 3
    Thanks for your response.
    You forgot the tax on the 32750.
    Even with that, looks like he is planning to charge me 1000 in doc fees/title/registration, which I will push back on.

How is the price itself ($32750) for this car, is it good enough with a 0% finance?
    He might reduce it if i opt out of the 0% finance.
  • Hello,
    I also live in northern NJ and am currently shopping around for the CX-9. Which dealership did you get that lease quote in because I'm not getting anything close. I have yet to actually do the whole back and forth with the manager but my initial quote was way worse
    Thanks
  • trf215trf215 Posts: 2
    I really would suggest that you internet shop around 10 dealers for an out the door price on whatever CX 9 and options you want. That will usually get you good quotes from two or three dealers who are serious about selling a car. Do everything by email until you pick a dealer with the price you want. Do not give any dealer your phone number. If the dealer's email requires a phone number put in a 555-555-5555 and then explain in the body of your email that you choose not to give out your phone number.

I live near Syracuse, NY and just bought a 2012 CX 9, AWD, Sport Trim, power seat package, with Homelink, alarm system and mud flaps for an out the door price of $30,700. I talked to the salesman on the phone for maybe five minutes. I had to drive two and half hours to get the vehicle in Albany but it was worth it.

I wanted a DVD but did not want to pay the package price for it which is silly high so I am having an aftermarket one put in for $700.

Be patient and internet shop.
  • fnulfnul Posts: 1
    Just got a dolphin gray FWD touring with the moon roof pkg, auto dimming mirror, all weather mats, cargo tray and net for 31,800 otd (Va title). May not be the best price around, but the wife picked the color and there were not too many dealers around with the exact vehicle.
  • chakradechakrade Posts: 3
    I just pulled the trigger on a 2012 CX 9 GT black on black with RSES, NAV, power liftgate wheel locks, tint and roof rails for 33500. It was a demo model with 1100 miles on it and so was able to negotiate 0% on it.

What do you guys think? Good deal?

Thanks,
    Chaks
  • Mazda just came out with an additional $1500 dealer incentive.
  • On 3/30 I picked up a silver CX9 Touring with the Bose/Moonroof/Power Liftgage for $31,999. Coupled with my '08 Acura MDX w/Tech my out the door price was $7,300.

There was a $1500 dealer incentive program in March but not sure if that has carried over to April. I actually was going to buy the FWD, but was able to get this one at the same price and according to Edmunds is like $2k under invoice.

I wasp pleased with the deal and the CX9 is very much like the Acura except it drives better and is cheaper.
  • chakradechakrade Posts: 3
    So is this apart from the 1500 they already had? Is the total dealer incentive 3000 now?
  • huih_8019huih_8019 Posts: 2
    plus remote engine start, all weather mats and wheel lock, 0APR 33,127, + tax+tags @ PA
  • ussoollussooll Posts: 5
    I just got a quote for a new White 2012 CX-9 with the Moonroof/Bose package and the power liftgate package for $31,000+TTL
    This is in TX and I will be paying cash. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Should I be trrying to move the price further?
    Who was the dealer? Is that 30,00 + TTL?
  • coliphagecoliphage Posts: 8
    A member on mazda247 forum reported 2012 Touring Blk/Blk, AWD, Monroof and Bose audio package, power liftgate, sunroof, 4 month sirius for $29,077.
    Is that 29,077+ TTL or 29,077 OTD?

29,077+TTL is a very good price, I can't get anybody even close to that...

29,077 OTD sounds too good to be true.
    FYI: Ended up buying a 2012 White CX-9 (Touring) with the moonroof/Bose and the power liftgate package for $31,750 OTD. Bought for cash, with no financing

Might not be the absolutely best deal, but seems pretty decent and i'm happy.
  • muk_sdmuk_sd Posts: 2
    Any one bought a new CX9 Touring or GT with Moonroof+Bose, Power lift gate, 6CD+multi info display options? What kind of out the door price did you get? For Touring AWD with these options, am getting about $35,400 to $35,500 from a couple of dealers in OC and SD counties. Wondering if this is a good deal or not. Not many good certified pre-owned options for AWD Touring or GTs. Most of them seem to be FWD only. Anyone know of a dealer with a few AWD preowned CX9s?
    edited June 2012
    See my post above. I recently paid $31,750 out-the-door for a new 2012 White CX-9 (Touring, FWD) with the same options.
  • muk_sdmuk_sd Posts: 2
    Thanks Ussooll. I saw that post, but your transaction was in TX. I was asking for Southern California specifically.
  • autoshopperautoshopper Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    This was the pretty good offer from Walker Mazda for a Mazda Cx-9 AWD, NAV, Moonroof/Bose, Power Lift gate:

Msrp $40240.00
    Invoice $37740.00
    Family and friend deal $37250.00
    extra discount $750.00
    Sale price $36500.00
    Sale tax $3650.50
    License and doc fee $347.25
    And lastly 0% finance for 60 month.
    OTD....$40497.00

I asked them to tweak this as it was still not low enough based on other internet bids i had received from the WA/OR area. This is was my final price:

2012 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring Awd, NAV, MR/BOSE, Power Liftgate
    $40240 MSRP.
    Sale price $36360.00
    $750 rebate for 0%
    Sale price $35610
    60 @ 0% finance-
    Sale tax $3563.28
    License and doc fee $385.00

OTD: $ 39,558.28

Note:
    The Seattle proper dealers never returned my quires for info. Lynnwood and Kirkland Mazda were responsive but would not move on price. Walker Mazda buying experience was FANTASTIC.

We have had the car for about a month and love it! Handling is great and the touring comes with every feature you can imagine. Gas mileage could be better but hey we bought a SUV and not a Prius. We also knew going in that mileage will tend to be about 18 mpg. Zoom Zoom!
  • c80c80 Posts: 10
    Here is the quote I received from a dealer in the Bay Area:

2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    MSRP: $ 34,785
    Destination Fee: $ 795
    Packages:
    MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE $2,255
    POWER MOONROOF
    BOSE 9-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    Individual Options:
    NAVIGATION RDS BASED W/REAL TIME TRAFFIC $1,665
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE LIFT GATE $400
    REAR BUMPER STEP PLATE $150

Total MSRP: $ 40,050
    Internet dicounted Price $ 34,399 (before destination, TTL)
  • cericceric Posts: 1,093
    edited July 2012
    For GT AWD, the target price should be
    about $5500 off MSRP + another $1K off if you currently own a Mazda.
    Your price is decent if you do not own a Mazda currently. :)
    (based on recent July 4th promotion)
  • vvvvvvvvvv Posts: 1
    c80, which dealer did you get this quote from? I'm also in the market for a CX-9 in the Bay Area. Thanks.
  • c80c80 Posts: 10
    @vvvvv: Menlo Mazda. If you need more information, send me your e-mail address.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,054
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• texasmaxtexasmax Posts: 5
    All-

Looking to move real soon on a CX-9 GT FWD moonroof/bose+liftgate in North TX, for a 12k/36month lease... anyone know what sort of residual I'm looking at (at least, through Mazda/Chase)? Currently in an expiring Mazda lease now (2010 of the same exact thing + Nav, need to dig up the lease and see what residual we had back then).

Sticker on this, incl. dest., is 37,185. Trying to figure out how low I can take this, any input would be appreciated, and searching as we speak.

Thanks!
  • sbaleasbalea Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new 2012 CX-9 GT AWD. The dealer has several seemingly identical vehicles in stock, however, two of them are listed at about $300 less MSRP. Dealer claims there was a price increase about a month or maybe 6 weeks ago, and the two cheaper ones are from before the increase. He also claims the vehicles are otherwise identical.

Is this for real? Has anybody heard of this? If it's true, I would have no problem going with one of the cheaper vehicles, but I would like to be sure there is no difference.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,054
    It happens all the time....

Most car makes have mid-year price increases..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ak1900ak1900 Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am getting this for $34,000 + tax/doc-fees etc..
    Is this a good deal ? I am existing Mazda owner
    so that discount is already rolled in...This is
    in MA.

2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    Packages:
    MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE
    POWER MOONROOF
    BOSE 9-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    Individual Options:
    NAVIGATION RDS BASED W/REAL TIME TRAFFIC
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE LIFT GATE
    REAR BUMPER STEP PLATE
    ROOF RACK
  • sbaleasbalea Posts: 5
    This seems too good to be true. The invoice price for this configuration is 38662. With a 1750 dealer incentive, 1000 customer incentive and 500 loyalty credit you get down 35412. Even if the car predates the recent price bump, that only accounts for an extra $350 or so. I'd be a little bit suspicious, the dealer must really want to get rid of this car. Get a quote for all the fees they'll charge you, maybe the plan to make it up on the fees.