Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just got quoted on an 07 Touring FWD w/ assist pkg and moonroof/Bose pkg in white. $32817 + tax&tags. At first I thought this was $595 under invoice. Then I noticed destination chg wasn't listed, which happens to be $595. So I guess I'm being quoted Invoice $33412. This was a first quote from an instaquote request from the dealer's website. I have not had direct contact w/ the dealer yet. Should I try to negotiate lower? :D ;) Has anyone had experience with the instaquote service

Note: I have only been able to find 2 of these vehicles as configured w/in 150 miles. 1 white, 1 blue.

Does anyone know if Mazda is going to up their incentives for September? They only offer the 0-5.9 / 36-60 mo in the Penn/Jersey area through 9/4/07.
  • OXROX - you are exactly at invoice with those options without the dest charge - sounds like a good deal
  • auto plus premier - pretty much bumper to bumper. 7 yr 100K - $960
  • When you say you sell for $500 over invoice does that include the dealer fee that dealers in FL add on as a printed item when they give you the contract after you have agreed on the price?
  • dashbbdashbb Posts: 119
    I bought my Grand Touring for $400 below invoice with 0% for 36 months, but that was with hard negotiating on the last day of the month. Yes, I would definitely try to negotiate lower.

Go with White (IMHO). Looks really upscale on the CX-9.
    Mazda has some ridiculous incentives already on the '07 CX-7's. This indicates that whatever incentives they could offer on 2007 SUV closeouts, they've already offered them. Besides, inventories aren't very high on the CX-9s. I doubt if there will be more money offered past September.

If you're okay with the Sport trim (cloth seats), there is an extra $1000 MAC cash.

In my 2 weeks of ownership, this is one SWEEEEET ride!! :)
    There is low APR financing available on all 2008 CX-9 models:

1.9% (12-36 months)
    3.9% (37-48 months)
    5.9% (49-60 months)
  • I got this offer on a 08 Touring FWD with Touring assist, moonroof and sound and towing packages.
    Color: Sparkling Black

24 months lease with 15k yearly

MSRP: $37637.00
    Sales price: $34641.00
    Reisdual: 61 percent
    Money factor: .00059
    Registration fee: $290.00
    Down payment: $2500.00 (covering first month's payment and registration fee)

Monthly payment: $500.00

What do you guys think?
    Just announced!
    Get an additional $1000 loyalty rebate if you currently own a Mazda Tribute. This is in addition to $1000 MAC Cash AND 0% financing for 36 months on all CX-9 models. The MAC Cash is only on the 2007 Sport trims.

Fine Print:
    $1,000 Tribute Owner Loyalty Rebate
    If you are a current Mazda Tribute owner, you are eligible for a $1000 Owner Loyalty Rebate** toward the purchase of any new 2006, 2007, or 2008 Mazda.

You do not have to trade in your current Tribute to receive this $1,000 loyalty incentive.

Rebate valid on purchase or lease of a NEW 2006, 2007 or 2008 Mazda. Valid through Aug 31, 2007.

*EXCLUDING 2007 MazdaSpeed3 and 2007 MX-5 Miata Retractable Hardtop.

**Offer is transferable within household, must live at same address.

Link to full dealer ad:
    http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=214088&adid=4917063&cat=4012
  • rockybrockyb Posts: 1
    Hi dashbb
    My local dealer told me that low APR financing is not available on 2008 CX-9.
    Could you pls send me the link for APR incentives on 2008 CX9?
    Thanks
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    Give a call to Wayne Mazda in Wayne NJ and ask for Giancarlo Morrelli....I dealt with him and he appears to be a nice young guy..they are agressive on sales of Mazdas they are the largest in the country...I am still thinking about getting mine since I have to wait for my current lease to expire..good luck..
  • cuvgalcuvgal Posts: 3
    We test drove a 07 CX-9 Sport Stormy Blue, Sand interior with the added power driver seat. MSRP is $29,980, got a price of $26,980! Think they are ready to get rid of it?

Off to check out the Hyundai Veracruz tonight to decide which one we will get!
  • Hey cuvgal, keen to hear your comparison of CX9 & Veracruz.... we are looking at CX9 / Veracruz, though I may still double back to an LR3 if the crazy deal I have been fishing for on a service loaner gets a bite. Anyway, I will watch for your follow-up report.

Thanks,
  • cuvgalcuvgal Posts: 3
    We picked the CX-9. The interior feel was more comfortable. My husband didn't like the way the Veracruz shifted and he had a hard time resting his arm on the left door side. We have 4 kids (3 teenagers and a preschooler) so the extra cargo space behind the third row is a huge plus for us. Even the storage under the cargo is bigger in the Mazda (not all taken up with tools like the Veracruz).

There are things on the Veracruz we really liked. The roof air vents for the rear passengers and the map lights in the rear are great. The lit cupholders/cubby storage areas are really nice as well. I didn't like how the front end was so rounded on the Veracruz (like the sleeker lines of the CX-9). We also don't like the fake wood trim in ANY car, so we really like the Sport CX-9 with the black "piano" trim.

The Mazda just seemed more refined. Good luck in your hunting!
    Here's the link you requested:
    http://www.townnorthmazda.com/tnm/homepage.nsf/(lookup-models)/MAZDA%20CX-9?open- document
    maverick8 & cuvgal are right-on in their analysis.

Hot off the Press! This is on the September 2007 issue of Popular Mechanics:
    New Crossover Cars: Comparison Test
    "Roomy, sporty, hot-selling crossovers are elbowing in on minivans and SUVs. We test six of the new family haulers on the track and in real-life driving (with video for each!)"

The Contenders:
    Honda Pilot
    Subaru Tribeca
    Mazda CX-9
    Toyota Highlander
    Saturn Outlook
    Hyundai Veracruz

CX9 WINS! Check it out
  • Hey - question on that texas dealer (townnorth) - I assume those 2008 $ off figures are NOT rebate - their dealer discount of MSRP?
    Correct. The amount is off MSRP.
  • nastacionastacio Posts: 370
    Not sure about the other values as I am not familiar with leases, but you definitely got a good sales price ($3K off).

Did they include anything funny to the MSRP, such as advertisement fees?

A local dealer wants to charge $250 for ad fees + $400 for registration fees. In our area, CX-9 don't last long in the lots and it is hard to negotiate off those prices.

They haven't heard of financing specials for 2008s yet.
  • Hey folks, I am looking for any info. you have on 08 vs. 07 model year such as:

1. - Timing of 08 availability?
    2. - Probable 08 pricing compared with deals on 07? Of course dealers will tell you that there will be no deals/incentives/promo's etc. but they will still have to move volume and many will have grabbed the 07's.
    3. - Differences other than larger engine/power/torque .... for example; have they improved the braking (criticized by several reviewers)?

Any input??
    The 08s have started to roll into the lots a few days ago.

One of the other changes for 08 is the availability of a blind-spot monitoring system.

The 08 are $700 more expensive than the 07's in terms of MSRP, but several dealers are taking as much as $4000 off MSRP on whatever 07's they have on the lot. I don't know if the steep discounts can be combined with the low financing (such as 36 month plans.)

for example; have they improved the braking (criticized by several reviewers)?

Do you have a link to those reviews? It sounds like FUD. I read the reviews on C&D and MT, and there were no mentions of problems with breaking feel or stopping distances. I test drove one and the braking was just as good as in our smaller and lighter Nissan Murano.
  • 64221306422130 Posts: 41
    I have seen a lot of promos for a 24 month lease. What are the residuals and money factors for 36 and 48 mo, 15K? Looking at fwd sport.
  • I think it was a recent Consumer Reports review that knocked CX-9's breaking distance as the car's largest drawback.
    MT had the 60-0 braking distance at 123ft, virtually identical to the 121ft for an Acura MDX: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_0706_acura_mdx_gmc_acadia_mazda_cx_- 9/specs.html

Popular mechanics did show the CX-9 to be worst in test from 70-0, at 147ft; but others like the Hyunday Veracruz and Saturn Outlook were only a couple of feet better: http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4220226.html?page=7
    So, all else being equal (test parameters, conditions, etc), CX-9 stops no worse (and no better) than the leading competitors. If the only negative thing Consumer Reports found was braking distance, then this is one respectable car!

No worries whatsoever for the brakes are just fine. Ask any person who owns/drives a CX-9 and you will not find anyone complain about the brakes.
    The 2008's have just hit the dealerships and there are no incentives. There is 1 dealer advertising 1.9% for 36 months for the 2008's but when I called Mazda, they did not confirm.

Financially speaking, you'll be ahead by atleast $4,000 buying a 2007 vs a 2008. 10 extra HP and the $200 Blind Spot System ain't worth the extra dough.
  • regardsregards Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring and thought we'd share our experience.

My wife had hauled our kids in our 2000 Odyssey long enough (165,000 mi, never an unscheduled repair). We're in the $35-40k price range and test drove: CX-9, redesigned 2008 Highlander, MDX, Veracruz, Sequoia, and a 470 and 330 (used, or should I say pre-owned). My wife is a Japanese devotee who wouldn't even consider a U.S. badged vehicle, such as the SRX or Enclave. She was even leery of the CX-9's Ford engine, but okay w/ a Japanese built Ford engine. She was leery also of the Hyundai until she drove it. The CX-9 was my favorite right away, but we also really liked the Veracruz. The key points for the CX-9 for me: better acceleration and handling (zoom-zoom); for her: the handle to move the second row seats forward on the Veracruz was so stiff she couldn't operate it, where the CX-9 was smooth and easy. She also wanted the navigation pkg which wasn't avail on the 2007 Veracruz. We really liked the Grand Touring model w/ the 20" wheels and snazzy instrumentation. The Aug Consumer Reports was what interested us in the CX-9, the Sep Popular Mechanics and the new NHTSA ratings cemented the decision for us.

Called five Mazda dealers w/in 200 miles; remaining 2007s didn't have the color (white) and the high end options we wanted, incl all wheel drive (technically AWD isn't an option but a separate model), moonroof and assist pkg (navigation/rear camera/power hatch). We were told that those had been already snapped up by shoppers who recognized the value offered. By moving to the 2008, the sticker is just under $1000 more, and you lose the 0% financing. One dealer had just had delivered exactly the car we would have gotten had we ordered one from the factory: a white 2008 AWD w/ roof, assist pkg, towing pkg, Sirius radio, roof rails; stickered at $41090 (factory sticker, not a dealer sticker w/ delivery charge, pinstripes, etc.). Offered us a price of $38910, nearly $2200 off, which was more than the other dealers had come down on cars which didn't fit us like a glove. Signed on the dotted line and got the 1.9%/36 month financing. Took it home and our 19 year old car/gadget-guy son programmed all Mom's numbers in the Bluetooth and told us how cool the car was. He's right!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,643
    Congratulations on the new car!

You should write a review! You can copy and paste a lot of what you wrote here.

Dealer Ratings and Reviews

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• wareverwarever Posts: 28
    Congrats on the new car... enjoy.

But to clarify, AWD isn't either an option OR a separate model (as you said); it is considered a "trim." And technically, GT is part of that trim designation; there's the FWD GT as one trim, an AWD GT as another trim, the Sport FWD is another trim, etc.

Often, the problem with a new model year in terms of pricing isn't just that the MSRP is higher but also that the discount off MSRP that you'd get on the older year just isn't available on the newer year. So let's say that you'd get $4,000 off on a 2007 and $2000 off on a 2008 and that the 2008 MSRP is $1,000 higher. Well, that's a $3,000 price spread ($2,000 less discount and $1,000 higher MSRP). I actually had that issue 4 years ago when I got a 2003 RX300 instead of waiting 2 months for the 2004's which would have cost me about $6,000 more due to the slightly higher MSRP and non-existent discount.

As for an American car versus a Japanese car, things are REALLY hard to figure out these days. I mean, is a Toyota that's assembled in the US by US workers really a Japanese car? Or is it really an American car? And Mazda is considered a Japanese company, but it is owned by Ford (I don't know the exact percentage - not sure if it is 100%, a majority, or just some large percentage). So is a Ford-owned Mazda made in the US from both US and Japanese parts considered an American car or a Japanese car? Or is a Ford-owned Mazda made in Japan from both US and Japanese parts considered an American car or a Japanese car?

In any case, enjoy.
    And Mazda is considered a Japanese company, but it is owned by Ford (I don't know the exact percentage - not sure if it is 100%, a majority, or just some large percentage).

Ford owns 40% of Mazda.

I think the key issue people bring up when talking about US vs. Japanese cars is quality. Quality is heavily affected by processes, people, and machinery in the assembly line.

I have read in many places that Toyota was not pleased with the overall final quality of its products assembled in US compared with the ones assembled in Japan.