Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• elwoodazelwoodaz Posts: 7
    c92,

The CX-9s have an aux input port inside the center console. Its very well located and well designed for cell phones and iPods. When you install the iPod converter without intalling the switch box, you lose the aux input in the console.

For many buyers (including myself) the confusion begins there. The switch box runs an extra $113 or more, plus installation.

On the bright side, I bought the Mazda self dimming rear view mirror with compass and homelink, and installed it myself yesterday. After a few moments of apprehension pulling apart such a new vehicle, all went well.

For those interested, make sure you buy the correct installation kit! My vendor recommended the wrong kit, and I had to run all over town locating the correct kit.

Brad
  • Brad- Did I read you went to Wayne Mazda? If so, can you message me the sales rep? I'm in Mahwah and can easily take a drive down rt 22. In fact I purchased a Tribute from Wayne Mazda - that one had to go back under the lemon law - that horrid story is for another day and another thread....
    luvcarzrich,

Nope - bought it in AZ - but I bought some accessories from Wayne Mazda.

Brad
  • Oh well, thanks for the tip info anyhow... I'll update if/when my deal is had.
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Posts: 458
    Ah. Sorry to add any confusion myself. I guess the aux jack is better than nothing - and a must if you have a "pod" that is other than Apple.

Even so, I've gotten used to controlling my iPod through the steering wheel controls, and have even become "playlist-centric," because that's what seems to work best when one has the quantity of songs I do.

"On the bright side... self dimming mirror" If that's not a pun, it should be. Good stuff. ;)
    No sweat on the confusion. Ideally both inputs would be available! I could learn to use the Ipod integration, or just use the aux jack.

But since I am a 90% podcast listener, I was worried about using the integration exclusively and not being able to navigate the podcast menus on my iPod.

sometimes the best puns are unintentional!

Brad
  • just_philjust_phil Posts: 86
    That's funny, I bought the mirror/install kit from them too, and they sent me the wroing install kit as well. I had to mail it back at my expense, but other than that their prices combined with free shipping are the lowest I could find.
  • dashbbdashbb Posts: 119
    Hot off the press!

MazdaUSA.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash can be used toward the purchase or lease of a new 2006, 2007 or 2008 Mazda from dealer stock by July 31, 2007.

This program does not include MAZDASPEED3 and MX-5 Miata PRHT vehicles. Used, F (Fleet), Insurance vehicles, Dealer Daily Rentals, Buy-back vehicles, vehicles intended for export or brokered units.

Limit one MazdaUSA.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash Purchase Incentive per vehicle. The Mazdausa.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash Purchase Incentive CAN be combined with other private or public purchase incentives including but not limited to customer cash back, lease and APR incentives/offers.

Program Period: July 3, 2007 through July 31, 2007.
  • bigsbigs Posts: 4
    My salesman said it only applies to the special lease offers listed on the Mazda site which would be the CX9 Sport FWD. I am looking at a GT AWD and he said it doesn't apply. I didn't see anything on their site?

Thanks
  • x5savx5sav Posts: 44
    You sales is Bsing you. Here is the term:

MazdaUSA.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash can be used toward the purchase or lease of SELECT new 2006, 2007 or 2008 Mazda vehicles from dealer stock:
    $800 CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash on 2006 or 2007 RX-8
    $500 CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash on 2006 or 2007 Mazda6 (Sedan, 5-Door, Wagon and MAZDASPEED6), 2006 or 2007 MX-5, 2006 or 2008 Tribute, 2007 or 2008 B-Series Truck, 2007 CX-7 and 2007 CX-9
    $300 CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash on 2007 or 2008 Mazda3 and 2007 Mazda5
    Offer available 7/3/2007 - 7/31/2007

Never see that it only applies on the FWD not on the GT AWD. Find yourself another dealer.
  • bigsbigs Posts: 4
    Thanks for the response. BTW, these forums are great, tons of useful info. We cleared it up. Just had to go to the Mazda site, build the vehicle and the Closeout Bonus Cash pops up. Had to click on, fill out the info, print out the certificate and bring it when i pick up the car.
  • markmark Posts: 16
    With the list's and moderator's consideration, I am posting this question once again as I did not receive any replies. With all this talk of CloseOuts and various discounts X plans S plans, the following is the vehicle configuarion I'd like to buy at this time. I have no relatives working for Mazda or Ford and am not active nor retired military. Of course I'd like to get the best OOD price and will take delivery preferably in CT but am willing to travel to MA or NY for a significant price difference.
    Prices are MSRP as listed:

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD $33,875

Destination Fee$ $595

ASSISTANCE PACKAGE $2,500
    MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE $1,760
    TOWING PACKAGE $525
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $125
    CARGO MAT $77
    CARGO NET $40
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS $125
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR $60
    REMOTE ENGINE START $350
    ROOF RAILS $250
    WHEEL LOCKS $50
    Total MSRP: $40,332

Do we qualify for these X/S Closeout pricing? How?

Has anyone purchased in this configuration and can advise on a price or price range we should try for? Located in the Northeast (CT). I'm willing to take delivery in the NY-NJ-CT-MA area for the best price.

Mark Levine, D.C.
    Torrington, CT
  • imamgimamg Posts: 136
    RE: x and s plans... you have to be an employee of mazda/ford or for the s plan reffered to by one. X plan is more restrictive... any vehicle will qualify for those plans...
  • x5savx5sav Posts: 44
    Here is the S Plan price on your configuration:

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD $31,322

Destination Fee$ $595

ASSISTANCE PACKAGE $2,150
    MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE $1,514
    TOWING PACKAGE $387
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $100
    CARGO MAT $77
    CARGO NET $40
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS $125
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR $61
    REMOTE ENGINE START $280
    ROOF RAILS $200
    WHEEL LOCKS $40
    Total S Plan price: $36,891

Remember you have extra $500 off from Mazda (You can get more detail on the mazdausa website). Start your negotation on the S plan price. Told dealer you get a quote on this (of course don't tell them this is the S plan price) and work from there. Do not satisfy with the first offer. Good Luck.
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    ...now if you can find one like that this late in the season you are lucky...I was looking for one similar in NJ and never found it..and you engine start option better be from factory, otherwise the only dealer that will guarantee that is the selling dealer...
  • dma123dma123 Posts: 4
    What state did you purchase? What is the "S Plan"? Also, I am looking for a Touring AWD with rear entertainment system. Dealer initial price was about 1500 over invoice, which I won't pay. Also claims a NY assessment of $404 in addition to destination fee. Anyone have to pay this?
    I am looking at a Touring AWD w/ rear entertainment system. Dealer initial price was about $1500 over invoice (way too high). IN addition to destination fee, wants to charge a $404 NY assessment fee. Anybody hear of this?
    I am also looking for a touring AWD with rear entertainment system in central jersey. did you buy and what was the price?
  • jmailjmail Posts: 19
    could be the advertising fees. I'm not sure if dealers will give on this but you could definitely try.
  • dashbbdashbb Posts: 119
    It seems there is some dealer incentive now available on the CX-9's or they're ready to cut into their holdback.

Here's a dealer ad for $3041 off MSRP which is $863 below Invoice.
    http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/Ads.aspx?adid=4772444&advid=521937&subid=16870675

Remember, you can also add the Mazdausa.com Closeout Bonus Cash of $500 and get the 0% APR for 36 months.