Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Where are you in CT?
  • sean8499sean8499 Posts: 6
    Hi - Can you please advise as to which dealerships in tri=state region quoted the best prices? I started a search today, and any insight is greatly appreciated

one NJ dealer is offering the following (before TTL):
    My 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD MSRP $34,215
    VIN: JM3TB3MV2A0224300
    Destination Fee $750
    273-hp 3.7L DOHC 24-valve V6 Standard
    6-Speed Auto Standard
    Colors
    Exterior: DOLPHIN GRAY MICA

there are much better deals based on some of the earlier posts
  • cars57cars57 Posts: 3
    I also am in Houston in the market for a similar CX 9 - which dealership did you go to?
  • dcfasdcfas Posts: 4
    I checked with dealers in NY, Conn, and Mass. The lowest offer was 300 under invoice, 0%. However, they came in 1500 low on my trade. The closest other dealer was in the same ball park. Regarding the TMV figure, the closest I am able to get to is about 1500 more. What gives?
    I checked with dealers in NY, Conn, and Mass. The lowest offer was 300 under invoice, 0%. However, they came in 1500 low on my trade. The closest other dealer was in the same ball park. Regarding the TMV figure, the closest I am able to get to is about 1500 more. What gives?

Well, first, we all assume that customers are 100% truthful when posting what they purchased a car for. Second, it depends on the region and how popular a specific vehicle is in that region.

You live in the North East where the CX-9 is most popular and dealers are not overloaded in stock. Infact, inventory is a little low. There is no reason for a dealer to panic and blow CX-9's out because the reality is they will sell rather easily.

I am a CT dealer and $300 under invoice on a CX-9 plus 0% financing is a good deal, for this region. If you feel it is not, then don't buy and try and wait it out for a better offer. You are well within your right to pass and try and negotiate a better deal!
  • car9090car9090 Posts: 4
    Clearlake & Conore dealer quotes were best.
  • carfanctcarfanct Posts: 7
    I checked with Dabury and Stamford dealers in CT and other nearby dealers in NY.
  • buyer101buyer101 Posts: 80
    Did you try Schwartz Mazda in Shrewsbury NJ
    I do feel it is a fair deal for the price of the CX-9, but I do not think it is a fair price for my trade. Edmunds, KBB state 6k private trade, 4.5k trade in. The dealer above offered 3k and then wouldn't budge. Regarding everything I've read something is out of kilter here.

I like to think I am a reasonable, trustworthy person. I don't begrudge anyone making a decent living. However, if I feel I'm being taken advantage of, which I do in this case, I doubt I'll ever return.
    The dealer above offered 3k and then wouldn't budge. Regarding everything I've read something is out of kilter here.

Judging by the value they are giving you, I presume you own an older model car with higher miles? If that is the case, the dealer is most likley going to wholesale the car and wholesalers laugh at KBB and Edmunds trade values because they are essentially worthless. Black Book and Galves are the standard by which cars are valued for the most part. Ask to see the source they are using to asses your car.

In most cases, dealers will pay up for trades if they can profit from them and make a new car customer at the same time. I know if a customer is going to trade a car to me that I can retail, I will always try and meet their demands. However, I'm not going to give someone $3,000 for a car that I can only get $2,000 for from a wholesaler. It's not good business.

The most important thing is to feel good about your purchase. If you are not happy with the terms, then don't buy. If you are happy, then sign away and call it a day!
    Thanks for the insight aviboy97. I'm thinking on selling my car privately. I didn't want the hassle but I figure it is probably worth it.

We may wait for the 2011's at this point.
    We may wait for the 2011's at this point.

There is still no official information regarding the 2011 CX-9's just yet. Keep in mind, the probability of 0% being offered in very low if there are still remaining 2010's left. It is a crap shoot.

Buying a car is tough. Not just because of the negotiation process, but, because there are a lot of cars to choose from and many variables that can effect your decision.

I buy goods when I feel I am getting a good deal. Whether it's a TV, car or furniture, I really would not know what a "great deal" was if it smacked me in the face. I buy if I feel I am comfortable with the purchase price as well as the product I am buying. If my wife likes it, it make my life that much happier! I'm sure you know how that goes.
  • ofotoofoto Posts: 2
    base MSRP: $34,215
    destination: $750
    Exterior: CRYSTAL WHITE PEARL MICA $200
    MOONROOF/BOSE $2,255
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE REAR HATCH $400
    TOW HITCH & HARNESS - 3,500 LB CAPACITY $425

Total MSRP: $38,245

From msn autos, the invoice for this car is $35199. I bought it for $34399 with 0% APR.

Purchase Price: $34399 ($800 below invoice)
    Tax (9.8%): $3371.10
    Dealer fee: $150
    License / Title: $184.50

OTD Total: $38104.60

I feel there was still some room to negotiate.. guess I didn't try hard enough. Hope this helps.
  • I paid $35737.00 + $150.00 for splash guards, $110.00 tag fee, and 6% sales tax. Car had Bose, moonroof, liftgate, NAV. MSRP was $39335.00. Bought from North Penn Mazda, North Wales, PA and treated very well. LOVE the car!
  • toddr3toddr3 Posts: 19
    I just traded in my Volvo XC 90 for a Grand Touring CX 9 and I love my new CX 9. In my opinion and for the money...the CX 9 is the best deal on the road. I am amazed that I have found a truck that not only looks and drives the same as the Volvo but has a dozen extra features plus a lower monthly payment. If your in the market for a SUV with a third row and every feature/gadget available on the market today...the Mazda CX 9 is the perfect SUV for you! As an added bonus...the dealership customer service and sales experience far surpassed the experiences that I have had in the past at the Volvo, Infiniti, and BMW in the South Florida area. I bought my CX 9 from Gunther Mazda in South Florida. They were GREAT!
  • uclakimmiuclakimmi Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    FWD Grand Touring w/Nav, Moonroof/Bose, Lift Gate in blue w/black leather
    MRSP: $37,985
    Invoice: $34,914

Purchase price on 7/18/10 = $34,500.
    Sales tax = 8.25%
    Tag & Registration = $493
    Doc & Filing Fee = $84
    Smog & County Fee = $29

Purchased using 0% financing incentive.
  • brianb50brianb50 Posts: 25
    AWD Touring, Bose/Moon, Lift Gate Silver w/black leather
    MRSP: $35,837
    Invoice: $33,422

Purchase price = $33,422
    Sales tax = 8.675%
    NY State Inspection = $10
    NY State Tire Rec Fee = $12.50
    Doc Fee = $75

Purchasing using 0% financing incentive.

Dealer wont budge below invoice, I even had truecar worksheet he would'nt come down to 32,422 listed on worksheet.

We are getting 23,500 for are trade 2008 Honda Ody EX-L with RES

What should we be getting this car for?
    This is a dealer on Long Island we don't want to travel to NJ got prices from NJ but adding all there fees not worth the trip.
    Thanks Brian
  • Why is it that the invoice price the dealer shows you is generally about $400 higher than the invoice price edmunds gives you? They generally say "those websites are inaccurate". Have others experienced this?
    (cx-9 awd touring, bose/moon/lift g in NJ)
    Why is it that the invoice price the dealer shows you is generally about $400 higher than the invoice price edmunds gives you? They generally say "those websites are inaccurate

The additional $400 you are seeing is the regional assessment charge which is Mazda's advertising fee billed to the car. The charge varies depending on the market you live in, hence why Edmunds does not track it.

Edmunds does state they do not track such fee and it is actually billed to the dealer. Go back to the pricing section and start to price the CX-9 again. You will see a blue link titled "advertising fees", click on it to see Edmunds disclaimer on why they do not track such charges.
  • OK, thanks I missed that. I guess I should be adding that to the TMV price as well. I see about $800 diff between the Invoice and TMV. How close to TMV can I hope to get with the 0% deal?

Thanks J.