Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lukes6lukes6 Posts: 35
    If I were you, I would find the dealer with the largest CX9 inventory in NJ and try there first in person, phone, or Internet. Smaller dealers make their money per vehicle and larger dealers on the number of units sold.
  • rlbjr2rlbjr2 Posts: 67
    Thanks. I like to use Edmunds, CarsDirect,... quote requests to multiple dealers. This way I deal direct with the internet dept and can do everything by email. I get quotes from multiple dealers and then ask the dealer I want to buy the car from to beat my lowest price. Hopefully someone in the NJ area will post their soon. I would like to buy before the 5/2 end of 0/60 financing.
  • lukes6lukes6 Posts: 35
    That's a good plan. Post back with how things workout.
  • jschwajschwa Posts: 11
    There isn't any difference other than how honestly the dealer presents it. The honest ones just tell you upfront that they can lower the price by $500 without the financing incentive. The dishonest ones call it a "$500 financing fee" that they stick on at the end.
    Thanks. That's what I thought.
  • tuvutuvu Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have been doing lots of reading on this forum, great info. With all the research decided to go with 2011 CX-9 Touring FWD liquid silver. OTD price was $27 800 with 0% financing- I believe it was good deal, any input?
    The dealer talked me into extended warranty, and I am having mixed feelings about keeping it. It is 7 years/75K, $100 deductible per visit, Advantage Preferred from Protective Insurance for $1400. The dealer added lifetime oil change to sweeten the deal. Good price, or waste of money on after-market warranty? Anybody had experience with them? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • rhodycx9rhodycx9 Posts: 3
    Thought I would pass this along since this board has been helpful to me in the past. Just took delivery of a leftover New 2010 CX9 GT with Nav, Liftgate, and Bose/Moonroof and some other dealer installed stuff. Sticker was $39,500. Dealer discounted to $33,175 plus I got a $3000 rebate from Mazda for 2010's. So final was $30,175 not including TTL.

I keep my cars for 5 or 6 years and figured that since the 2010 and 2011 were almost the same except for the wheel style it was worth the 25% disc. Took a little haggling to get there but I think it's a good deal. Not sure if there are any more '10 out there but worth checking the Mazda Manuf. website.
  • pina63pina63 Posts: 8
    Sounds like a good price depends on the options. Was it a demo? I was offered 28K for same but not sure if it had liftgate. It was a demo not sure how many miles on it sine I had already bought a cx-9 when the demo was offered to me.

What state are you in?
    Wow. How is that possible. Invoice is about $36,500 - the $3500 Manufacturer discount for 2010's = $33,000. So you got it for about $3,000 below invoice. Nice. Which dealer was it?
  • wufpack1wufpack1 Posts: 2
    Agreed. Many thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • hesserhesser Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Hi guys, wanted to comment on ElDorado Mazda in McKinney, TX. Great dealership. Great prices.
    Paid 34600 with 0% for 2011 grand touring with nav, moon roof, towing prep in crystal white. Felt like I was taken care of. Highly recommended.
    A couple of reasons. One, the invoice is usually not the actual price the dealer paid for the car. With hold backs and other hidden volume incentives, their cost is often lower. Second, it was a 2010 which is now a full model year old. The car had not sold in over a year. If it was around much longer, they would have had to sell it at wholesale for even less than what I paid. I have no way to know if they took a loss. But they may have taken a small loss to sell it to me, to avoid a larger loss selling it wholesale. Plus they get credit from Mazda for selling another unit which probably helps them as well.
    edited April 2011
    I listed the options... Nav, Bose/Moonroof, and power lift gate. Plus it had some dealer stuff like wheel locks, roof rack, and chrome bumber step. Again, sticker was $39,500.

No, it was not a demo. I took delivery with 204mi on it.

Deal was done at Tasca Mazda in Seekonk, MA.
  • jschwajschwa Posts: 11
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like a good deal. I just paid $34,400 + TTL for a similar car without Nav

By the way, was this AWD or FWD? Mine was AWD, though no roof rack.
  • Did this include the 0% financing?
  • Took delivery on a white FWD GT with Moonroof & Bose pkg, lift gate, wheel locks, roof rails, MSRP $37,105 for $33,700 with 0% financing. Seems comparable to others recent posts.
  • I just purchased the cx-9 sport, no real options on it, black cloth interior, silver paint. I paid $27,240 + tax & license, and I got the 0% for 60 months financing. The MSRP was $29,930. I was not a previous Mazda owner so I did not qualify for the $500 incentive.

What do you guys think, did I get a good deal?
    I'm in NJ and have gotten several quotes on a 2011 CX-9 AWD GT and Touring. So far my quotes have have ranged from $700-$1,100 below invoice on a Touring and $300-$1,100 below invoice for the GT. All of the dealers except the $1,100 below one are giving less of a discount on the GT. Is that what most are finding? There are a lot more Tourings in inventory than GT's. These prices are with the 0%/60 mo financing and no loyalty rebate.
    I just got an email from one of the dealers I got a quote from and they are giving an extra $500 Auto Show bonus off any quote previously received until 4/30. Has anyone else got this? Is it an individual dealer thing or a Mazda bonus?
    I just checked Mazda's website and it is a regional promotion. I'm in NJ so this should be good for all dealers in the NY/NJ area. It runs from 4/20-5/2 and can be used with the 0%/60 mo financing.