Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    that is very interesting....you mean that the dealer was willing to go down an additional $1k if you brought in cash or another loan from another bank , but not if you took the 1.9%,which I assume was offered by MAZDA?...was the $1k also offered by Mazda?..if so then I understand. It appears that the dealer selling price was a $1k higher if using Mazda 1.9%.....I wonder why, since his selling price should or could be independent f any Mazda offer..which in this case was only 1.9%..unless there is a "dealer partcipation" in this offer...at any rate enjoy your new CX9 in the best of health
  • They are both MAZDA incentives. Either $1000 cash back or 1.9% financing. Basically the dealer must have been offering one or the other.
  • We just picked up a Grand Touring with Nav, Moonroof Bose, roof rails, all weather mats package for $ 36400 this morning. Do you think this is a good deal? We love the vehicle so far--- just a few hours after delivery.

What are people's thoughts on this price?
  • We got the CX9 GT with Nav, Moonroof Bose, roof rails and all weather mats for $36400 and the 1.9% APR for 60 months. What are your experiences....is this a good price?
    What was the sticker or MSRP?...and what state?....good luck and enjoy it with the best of health
  • Thanks for the wishes. MSRP/Sticker Price 39490. We got it in Connecticut and the 1.9% APR financing.
  • sashersasher Posts: 10
    Hi,

I got a quote for a GT AWD with moon roof/ Bose, nav, auto lift tailgate, and roof rails for $34860 + Tax and DMV. I'm in SF Bay Area. What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger?

Thanks!
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Thanks for the wishes. MSRP/Sticker Price 39490. We got it in Connecticut and the 1.9% APR financing.

That is a good deal. That equates to just below invoice.

I'm pretty surprised that you got below invoice here in CT. The CX-9 inventory is pretty limited. I know for a fact you did not buy that at my store at that price.

Congrats on your new CX-9!
  • Let me know your thoughts about this deal:

MSRP- 36,300
    Invoice 33490

I paid 32099 (31500 plus 599 destination charge)

OTD- 34500

This one had liftgate, moonroof, bose, remote start (basically everything but Nav). I also got them to toss in two rails on the roof rack. I thought it was pretty good deal because it was almost 1400 below invoice (yes, i saw the invoice).

I worked woth Guy Recchia at Ferman Mazda in Brandon, Florida. Good guy. Relatively easy negotiation done via email after I had driven the car.

I'd like to know others thoughts. Thanks.
  • Looks like a pretty good deal. Can u share the name of the dealership?
  • I see that for the CX9 GT when you get the Moonroof/Bose option package it requires you to have other options too.

Does this mean you need to check off the other options when using Edmunds to work out the correct pricing? Or are the other options included in the option package.

For instance:
    1MC Moonroof and Bose/Sirius Audio Package
    - REQUIRES (1CD and LG2) or (NV3 and LG2). INCLUDES 1CD
    Must I then select the 1CD and LG2 if the car comes with those to get the correct price?

Writing this it seems obvious the answer is yes, but then why doesnt Edmunds force you to do this when you are navigating the pricing tool?

Thanks,
    Jonathan
  • I'm not an Edmunds spokesperson but here's my $0.02...

1MC "requires" 1CD and LG2, but ALREADY " includes" 1CD in its price.

That's why in Edmunds when you're pricing a Touring or Grand Touring, although it allows you to click 1CD after selecting 1MC, in reality its not going to make any difference because for 1CD, under MSRP and INVOICE you see "n/a"

LG2 on the other hand is "required" but not included in the price of 1MC so you have to check it off explicitly.

Edmunds can do a better job of defaulting certain checkboxes based on which options are selected...

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and sorry if I added to any confusion
  • Was it with Mazda financing?
  • Really good deal. We were at 36300 including an aftermarket DVD, and I thought that that was great because no one anywhere would come within a hundred bucks of it here in DC/VA.
  • FYI, ours was the "sales price" on the lease. MSRP was about 40K, if you include the DVD (aftermarket).
  • Hi All,

I was offered a CX-9 Touring AWD with moonroof/bose & power liftgate for 32,500 with 0% APR for 36 months.

MSRP - $35577
    Invoice- $32,791

Its in SF-Bay area. How is the deal?
  • Trim included Nav. and rear entertainment center. Price was $36,500 + fees--included the 1.9% at 60mo financing.

Love the car! Took several test drives on the 2009 MDX, but the cx-9 was superior in every way. More room in the third row, better value (thousands cheaper with better financing option), nicer interior, better electronics (includes the blind-spot warning) and more of a car-like drive.
  • mz2009mz2009 Posts: 10
    pretty good. i am also considering cx-9 touring awd, but i only need the roof rack.
    i am in chicago area.
  • Can anyone share some dealers in Maryland who have been aggressive in pricing and willing to negotiate over email?
  • We are trying to locate a GT AWD in the Atlanta area and there is no local availability. The dealer told us today that there are two available that match what we are looking for plus some additional options on the ship. He felt he could have one of them delivered to the dealership so we wouldn't have to have someone drive up to VA to get one. He instantly offered invoice on the vehicle (he also said we could also likely have the one of the vehicles customized to the options we want since it isn't listed as being completed yet). He printed a document that listed the VIN number, the options and the invoice price. The invoice was $37,700. Can anyone advise if this a good deal for basically a full-loaded GT AWD CX9. This was also with the 1.9 financing offer. He said if we customized the one that is not yet completed, he would offer invoice on that also.

Nav
    Moonroof & Deflector
    Roof Rails
    Remote Start
    Splash Guards
    Trailer Hitch/Receiver
    Cargo Mat, All Weather Floor Mats
    Wheel Locks

Thanks.
  • Hi gang! Thanks for all of your posts! We just bought a new 2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring on Saturday, Dec. 26.
    Options:
    Navigation
    Bose/Moonroof
    Power Liftgate
    Towing Prep
    Roof Rails

MSRP: $38,065
    Paid: $32,900 plus dealer fee of $599 and tax and tag/title.

I bought it at Ferman Mazda in Brandon, FL. I believe I got the best deal that I could get on this. Thank you all for all of your help!
    This is very good price. What's the estimated invoice price?
  • Factory invoice (including dest. fee) is $35,164.
    Does anyone remember when the CX9 2010 became available in 2009?...I am trying to caliculate or guess whe the 2011 model will become available in 2010...since I will not be ready until the fall of 2010...thanks a bunch
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    The 2010 CX-9 arrived in mid October. We don't expcet to see a 2011 until October 2010.
    I was offered 2,9700 plus TTL. How about this price? Any room for further negotiation?
    Thanks a lot.
    Btw, Chicago area.
  • sashersasher Posts: 10
    Made the deal yesterday on 2010 GT AWD. Came in at $34,350 plus tax and license. Options included moonroof/Bose, auto tailgate and Navi. Dealer was Capitol Mazda in San Jose. MSRP was $39,115.

I think I got a great deal, however, I'm not that wowed by dealership. The sales person told me the car had a 6-CD changer. I've just fingured out that with the Navi you only get 1-CD. I do take the blame for not fully understanding the options. However, just 1 hour ago I was on the phone with the salesperson and he was admamantly trying to help me get more than 1 CD into the stereo. They also quoted me a 25% discount on roof rails, and when I went in today to get them installed they over quoted me on the price.

Other than that, very happy and love the car!
  • Congrats on your new car! Was the $34,350 cash or with Mazda's special financing rate?
  • Did this include taxes and reg/dealer fees?
  • made a deal with a dealership in Portland, Oregon area. Silver/Black 2009 CX-9 GT AWD with Bose/Moonroof package. MSRP: 37915 OTD: 30103. I love the car and thank you for all the information shared by you guys.