Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thompsorthompsor Posts: 2
    WHAT...are you kidding? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2007 and I am really hesitant about the Ford 3.5.

Is this 3.7 in Canada a Mazda engine?
  • kjm11379kjm11379 Posts: 16
    I called Mazda today that is what the lady on phone said. 3.7 V6 with better MPG, HP. I am not sur who the engine is by. Call Mazda yourself see if you get the same answer I did. The number is listed under contact us at mazdausa.com.
    Keep me posted. I was also about to pull the trigger today on a CX-9 but now I am waiting until Sept or Oct.
  • josh_jopjosh_jop Posts: 1
    Living in Central Texas, I was quoted a Sport w/power drivers seat (MSRP 29,980) at 27,700 + tt&l. Anyone know of a place to get it cheaper or does this look like a bottom dollar?
  • dashbbdashbb Posts: 119
    The official dealer specs for the 2008 CX-9 are available online at:
    http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123671881
    The engine changes include a larger bore. 92.5mm to 95.5mm which increases displacement to 3.7L. Ratings are as follows:
    278 HP and 263 TQ
    This is the same engine as the 2008 Lincoln MKX, which helps it differentiate better from the Ford Edge which will continue to have the 3.5 Duratec V6.
  • markmark Posts: 16
    I am looking for the following:

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD $33,875

Destination Fee$ 595

ASSISTANCE PACKAGE $2,500
    MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE $1,760
    TOWING PACKAGE $525
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $125
    CARGO MAT $77
    CARGO NET $40
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS $125
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR $60
    REMOTE ENGINE START $350
    ROOF RAILS $250
    WHEEL LOCKS $50
    Total MSRP: $40,332

Has anyone purchased in this configuration and can advise on a price or price range we should try for? Located in the NE (CT). I'm willing to take delivery in the NY-NJ-CT-MA area for the best price.
  • unixxusunixxus Posts: 97
    This is the same engine as the 2008 Lincoln MKX,

The 2008 Lincoln MKX will continue to use the 3.5 engine. Only the Mazda CX-9 gets the new 3.7 engine.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2008/ford_ldt_a0101423_3d5_u2.pdf
  • dashbbdashbb Posts: 119
    You could be right. I have nothing "official" for the Lincoln, however, the 3.7 engine topic is all over the automotive blogs.
  • wakblakwakblak Posts: 3
    I picked up the following

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD $33,875

Destination Fee$ 595

GT Assistance Package $2,500
    Moonroof/BOSE/6 CD Package $1,760
    Roof rails $250
    Compass/Autodim/Homelink Mirror $275
    Sirius Sat Radio $430
    Total MSRP: $39685

Talked them into throwing in the switch box installed to enable the Aux jack with Sirius/Navigation

Total Price $35945 + tax/license
  • elwoodazelwoodaz Posts: 7
    2007 Touring CX-9
    Only options: DVD rear entertainment system, dealer tint, ipod accessory

My price (before tax, title, doc fee): $30,000

Lots of work to haggle there, especially after learning I had S Plan through my employer.

Brad
  • elwoodazelwoodaz Posts: 7
    Some edits- due to the challenges with the Mazda iPod accessory, I've opted to receive a $200 refund check instead of losing my AUX adapter in my center console.

I did spend $230 or so online getting the Homelink mirror and kit, as well as the net from Wayne mazda.

Brad
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    ...Impressive!...talk about getting the true facts?...here you got it guys....it does not get any better..
  • winedogswinedogs Posts: 102
    SVOFAN2,

There is no link or specs? :confuse:
  • what problems with ipod accessory i'm picking up mine tomorrow and will be 70 miles from home I've asked them to make sure I won't have a problem with IPOD, this car is factory made but has nav, sirius, you know assist package....I hope they will have it right and ready...any suggestions.
  • is switchbox necessary if all the options were factory installed??
    ...Look at message #208....this is a document from CARB..(California Air Reseach Board)..I think...
    ....just good luck and enjoy the ride...with all new cars one will always have something to worry about..I hope your case is different...just enjoy the ride and whatever needs attention do it when you get home..
  • imamgimamg Posts: 136
    The switchbox is needed if you want to keep the aux button after "adding" sirius or "adding" the ipod integration accessory. You can NOT add the ipod integration accessory to a vehicle with factory nav.
  • I have a Grand Touring AWD GT Assist with Sirius. I asked the dealer about the Ipod jack so I wouldn't have any issues when I picked up the car; they didn't seem too concerned, but found out as I arrived for delivery that the jack does not work with Sirius. I inquired about the splitter/switchbox and they said it would be and extra $500, but then parts informed my salesperson that it would not work because I have the navigation system as well. Does anyone have knowledge with Nav & Sirius so I can communicate with the dealer how your ipod jack works, the dealer called Mazda Corp and they were told the splitter would not work with the NAV and SIRIUS, ...any thoughts?
  • imamgimamg Posts: 136
    You can add the switching box for the aux access... It is a bit confusing... I'd gone back n forth with corp too ( I'm the parts manager at Marin Mazda )... what you can not have is the ipod integration module ... but you can have the switching box. We just installed the sirius on a vehicle with nav... and the switching box as quoted from our bulliten " to retain function of AUX Jack, Switching Box (TD13-79-CFZ ) is required "
  • Is there a corporate number with someone who specializes in Aux questions, because I believe the dealer is trying, but there is obviously a disconnect with the education about how this aux jack would work with the IPOD. I only know what I've been told and learned from here. I mentioned this part number that is clearly place in my console with a message order this part no, and the dealer said the Corporate office told them it wouldn't work, but they probably confused the integration module as you mentioned as opposed to just making the Jack live, how much does this part/installation typically run?

I have a media control button but no aux button, I do not have DVD so I'm assuming it's one in the same?

Thanks for your assistance imamg!