Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kenmarckenmarc Member Posts: 16
    What dealer was this at? Best I can do in Colorado so far is invoice + $100. What is s-plan and how do you get it?
  • live2skilive2ski Member Posts: 25
    kenmarc - I got mine at Burt Mazda in Centennial because they had the car with the options in stock.

S-plan is a program for Ford/Mazda suppliers or business partners to purchase cars at a discount (invoice). This needs to be set up by your company and you need a PIN # from the website. On Burt Mazda website they have a page explaining s-plan (look under the partner programs link at the top).

my opinion, $100 over is a good price. someone is always going to get (claim) a better price. I guess it comes down to how much your time/$ is worth negotiating for an extra $100-500. s-plan is nice because there is no haggling at a fair price.
  • kenmarckenmarc Member Posts: 16
    Thanks - I think I'll close the deal this week.

MSRP = 34734
    $100 over invoice = 32062
    -750 rebate = 31312
    + 595 acq fee
    + 399 dh

0 down 36mo/12k lease = $449 + tax.
  • stephantstephant Member Posts: 3
    hi. i'm looking to buy an '08 touring, white, with dvd entertainment syste (no nav) in the long island area. 3 questions:

anyone been quoted a price for a similar model in the area? any estimate of what a fair price to pay would be?

anyone know what the invoice for the dvd is?

thanks!
    try and get the $399 dh removed/reduced. it's a BS charge and an easy way for the dealer to make some extra cash.

enjoy!
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Please post your deal in terms of $ under the invoice price.

07 CX-9 $0 under invoice. At invoice.

08 CX-9 $500 under invoice.

Includes rebates.

No changes on the board for the last few weeks. Surely, someone can beat these numbers, they are not overly impressive.

Keep posting those good deals.
  • jb03jb03 Member Posts: 31
    It's been quite awhile since I last posted in the forums. I recently traded the wife's 2000 MPV for a new 2008 CX-9 GT FWD. I am very impressed thus far with the refinement of the CX-9 including the ride, power, and interior ammenities. Info on purchase is as follows:

2008 CX-9 GT FWD
    Stormy Blue Mica w/Sand Leather Int
    RSES
    BSMS
    Wheel Locks
    MSRP: $36,816
    Price: $34,441 (about $500 over invoice)
    OTD (TTL): $37,420 (incl tax @ 7.75%, title and registration, and $25 doc fee)

Purchase was made at John Hine in San Diego. $500 over invoice was quoted via internet by several other dealers in the area as well. Not as good as some are getting ($500 below invoice in the SF area seems to set the bar for best deal yet), but the vehicle was equipped exactly as I wanted. I'm satisfied with my purchase overall. The dealer experience was fairly painless except for the haggle over my trade.

Regards,
    JB
  • sanjabasanjaba Member Posts: 40
    Folks I got the deal of $37,600 for the care with following specs
    2008 CX9 GT AWD
    GT Assit Package
    Moonroof/Bose
    Towing Package
    BLind Spot Monitoring
    Compass/Auto Dim Mirror With Homelink
    Roof Rails
    Remote Engine Start
    All Weather Carpet Mats

Retail MSRP was 41325
    Invoice was $38,237
    Selling to me for $37,600 which is $637 below invoice and I getting the 0% APR for 36 months on the CAR in Danbury, CT.

Is this a good deal, please get back.

thx
    sanjay
    Did you have a trade?

Any rebates?

Did you pay any extra fees (Doc Fee is the most common), please check your paperwork.
    I do not have trade as I plan to sell my Hoda Oddyssey myself as it will fetch me a btter value. No other rebates I am aware of.

Other fees are Tax and cost of documment. I plan to transfer my plates so I will try to see if I can take care of the same.
    Cost of document, is that a Doc Fee?

How much is it?

Thanks
    The Doc fee is $249. I just did the deal today.
    Final deal $388 below invoice, not bad.

Thanks for sharing.
  • armannarmann Member Posts: 2
    Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
    with the following:
    Pkg: RSES, GT Assistance Pkg, Roof Rails, Compass/Autodimming mirror/Homelink.

CX-9= $36,499.00 + Tax/License fees.

Doc fee: $55.00
    DMV (license) $295.00
    CA Tire Fee: $8.75
    Tax @ 8.5% = $3,107.09 (San Francisco)
    Total: $39,964.84

No Other Fees.
    Dealer: Oakland Mazda.
  • armannarmann Member Posts: 2
    Anyone knows how the Blind Spot Monitor or Alert works on the CX-9 GT AWD?

I heard it beeps and it becomes annoying???
  • newatzoomzoomnewatzoomzoom Member Posts: 3
    I got my 2008 CX-9 GT yesterday.
    According to the specs at Mazda's website and the car's brouchure, this safety feature should be there and is not, has anybody experienced the same issue?

I'm happy with this car, but this discrepancy is taking some of the glee away.

Bought it at Westcott Mazda, at San Diego :confuse: :(:(
    THe BMS feature is an option and the website says that most cars are typically equipped with the BMS feature which actually costs $200 extra. If it works I think that $200 is well worth it. I am not sure if you can do anything if BMS is not an option in the car you got.
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    It is supposedly standard on GT trims now, however it is possible that your 2008 was built before they added it in? I believe BSMS became standard on vehicles built in September/October (available to dealers in December) so you might want to check your build date.

FYI, the Mazda website does list BSMS as "standard", but it adds $200 to the cost (it's an options you cannot uncheck).
  • mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    Check your Monroney Label (window sticker). By law, if the BSMS is listed there, your vehicle must have this option. If not, it doesn't. Not sure about CA, but in IL, the window sticker must be given to the purchaser at the time of sale.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    except for the haggle over my trade.

That's more than likely where they got you, if anywhere. It's undefined like the invoice on your new car is, and you can't always tell if you're getting good value on the trade. OTOH, the Dealer is guessing what they can sell it for, either wholesale or retail, and betting they are right. There are a ton of variables with used car trades - I've been burned on so many, where I bought them with a margin, and eat that margin up, and more in repairs or reconditioning for unexpected defects. Seems we all tend to stretch the truth a little when selling our car, either to the dealer, or as the dealer in the case of used cars.

08 CX-9 $500 under invoice.

Includes rebates.

No changes on the board for weeks. Surely, someone can beat these numbers, they are not overly impressive.

Paying extra fees (Doc Fee, etc...) are keeping these deals from breaking the $500 under invoice threshold.

• dspr0001dspr0001 Member Posts: 6
    got my 2008 CX9 Touring AWD yesterday, brand new with 20 mile on it.
    2008 CX-9 Touring AWD
    Copper Red Mica w/Sand Leather Int
    Bose/Moonroof
    Wheel Locks
    MSRP: $35360
    Invoice:33150
    Price: $30576
    OTD (TTL): $33,810 (incl tax 7% $2154, title and registration $363, $299 doc fee, $199 Anti-Theft Vehicle Security Etch, $99 credit inquiry, $123 NJ Supplemental Titiling FEE)

0% Apr 36 month.
  • roy04roy04 Member Posts: 8
    So you got $2,574 below the invoice, unbelievable deal!
    Are you sure it is AWD not FWD? The final OTD price I got for the same model with the same option with you is about the same price. But it is for FWD.
    I cannot get your numbers to match other sources! Please re-look all your paperwork and post again.

The numbers are more in line with a GT AWD with the options you listed.

Were there any rebates?

Did you have a trade?

Looks like you paid $521 in extra fees.
    It is AWD. Window sticker is in front of me.
    No trade in. Those number are copied from my buyer's order. Since I negotiated OTD price with the dealer, I don't really care about base price and other fees.
    your invoice price is high by about $500 (32,624 vs 33,150) compared to Edmunds - but still a great deal! congrats.
  • roy04roy04 Member Posts: 8
    Could you tell us which dealer you bought the car? Thanks!
    it is Wayne Mazda, NJ
    Looks like $1487 below invoice (based on Edmunds Invoice Price and minus the extra fees).

It looks like we have a new leader!

Please confirm.

08 CX-9 $1487 under invoice. (New post) Finally, someone broke the $500 below invoice threshold!

Includes rebates (If there are any).

Paying extra fees (Doc Fee, etc...) are still having an impact on these deals.

I have the BSMS on my new CX-9 GT. The system uses both visual indicator (located in each of the side view mirrors) and an audible beep. The audible beep occurs when you begin signaling for a lane change while another vehicle is in the blind spot area. This blind spot area extends to each side and behind the CX-9 by at least one to two car length per my observation. My wife enjoys the BSMS quite a bit. There is also a BSMS disable switch on the lower left panel next to the HID level switch.

The only potentially annoying thing is the fact that the BSM area extend a bit far behind the vehicle on either side. If the beeps get annoying, the disable switch will cure that.

Hope this helps.

JB
    BSMS was clearly listed on my window sticker (in CA) as an option. I purchased the CX-9 GT on Dec. 11th as part of a Dealer trade from another dealer (about 35 miles away). According to the dealer where I purchased, this was the first CX-9 that they had received with the optional BSMS. The dealer mentioned that they were expecting a shipment of new CX-9 GTs with the optional BSMS within a few days. Several salesmen came out to look at the BSMS before I drove of the lot. So it seems that more GTs will be equipped with them in the near future as a typical option item but not as a standard item :) .

Regards,
    JB
  • jandj1988jandj1988 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a similar vehicle in NJ and reconsidered the AWD due to the Gas Guzzler tax in NJ. My understanding of that tax was any vehicle that averaged less than 19 mpg ((city+highway)/2), was taxed at 0.4% of the sale price. Was this applicable to your deal?
  • jrl16jrl16 Member Posts: 1
    2008 Grand Touring, FWD w/ the following:
    1MC (moonroof and audio)
    2PA (grand touring assistance package)
    white pearl mica paint, roof rack
    MSRP: $38,660
    Invoice: $35,698
    Paid: $35,000 plus TTL (approx. $2150) and 0% financing for 36 months.
    Consumer reports has "bottom line price" at $34,846.

Very easy, professional transaction. Highly recommend Russel Smith Mazada (on 610 near the Astrodome) to those in the Houston area.
  • newatzoomzoomnewatzoomzoom Member Posts: 3
    The final outcome:
    According to the dealer and Mazda USA Customer Service, this car was built bearing a 2008 model denomination, however, it does not mean that there is a clear cut-off phasing-in and phasing-out specs and features...this particular unit was early production of 2008 models, and the system is not there, and can not be added afterwords.
    Be careful when you go to the lot and demand they give you the window sticker or a copy before you sign anything. After that, you are on your own, Mazda USA will tell you the dealerships are independently owned and stay away from post-sale controversies like that.
    I will drop it here, I still think this is a great vehicle, the BSMS is something not to be missed while you are in charge of the transaction.
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    I agree, you do have to be careful when it comes to model year designations: for example, in my current car, the 2001 models were supposed to have some changes that addressed some issues present in the 2000 models. However, it was actually the models that are designated as 2001.5 (i.e. models built in October/November of that year). So people that got 2001 models built before October got screwed.

It's annoying to say the least...
  • confusedman1confusedman1 Member Posts: 34
    Hi
    I got a quota for $33k for CX-9 Touring with moonroof package.
    any idea if this is good price? what would be a good price for this configuration.
    I am in Boston area.

Many thanks
    happy holidays
    Look at Edmunds.com (new cars) and compare your price to the invoice price, then take a look at the Best Deals leader's board.
  • nanwar786nanwar786 Member Posts: 18
    hi dspr0001,
    i checked with Wayne Mazda, NJ to get your exact quote. They are claiming that
    OTD (TTL): $33,810 is not possible for Touring. But they are saying that if I get your name and/or Sales guy name, they can look into their system.

Can you please provide this information?
    I can't post the sales' name here but if you leave your email, I will send the info to you.
  • nanwar786nanwar786 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks a lot.
    My email is nanwar786@gmail.com
    Another of my email is nivitech786@gmail.com

Your post was very detailed and sales manager at Wayne Mazda, NJ should had been able to find it out, but he was kind of rude. That has made me more determined to get it at your price if possible.

Regards
    email sent. good luck

08 CX-9 $1487 under invoice. (New post) Finally, someone broke the $500 below invoice threshold!

Includes rebates (If there are any).

Paying extra fees (Doc Fee, etc...) are still having an impact on these deals.

• rob222rob222 Member Posts: 49
    Is it SOP for dealers to charge you the labor cost to add options onto the car you want buy? For example I agree to buy a car that does not include certain options that I desire, for example, Sirius radio The dealer tells me the cost of the option and labor cost to install it. Is this a scam?
  • blkstangblkstang Member Posts: 5
    I got a quote for $34,790 (Incl TTL) on road . I live in VA. Can you please let me know whether this is the best deal ?
    Thx
    Compare your quote to the invoice price and then look at the current best deal post.

Watch out for extra fees!

Good luck.
  • redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    Got a quote for the following:
    CX9 Grand Touring with FWD

GT Assistance Package
    Moonroof/Bose/CD Package
    Blindspot Monitoring
    Homelink Mirror/Compass
    Tow Package
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $39,300
    Quoted Me: $36,100 + tax and license
    Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price: $35,538

I have yet to let the dealer know whether I am buying cash, financing, or leasing. Would appreciate any insight on what to look out for when setting up the leasing terms for the deal (if it is a good deal). Is this a good deal to move on with? Want to make sure I'm not leaving any on the table...
  • jack132jack132 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

One of the dealer in bay are quoted me price just under 24 K for 07 mazda cx9 sports base model. Is it a good price?

Thanks,
  • pulleydogpulleydog Member Posts: 61
    No, I wouldn't call it a scam. Take your example, the Sirius radio. If the cost is $400 for that option on the sticker - that's the MSRP of the radio, installed. If you want to add the radio to a vehicle that doesn't have it, now the dealership has to order the radio and possibly the 'kit' and have their technicians install it. Of course, they are going to try to have you buy the radio at list price and then charge you $80 ~ $90/hour for installation. They want to cover their costs and make some money on the deal. But if you haven't purchased the vehicle yet, you can certainly negotiate the total cost of after market parts as part of the deal. Keep in mind, it is a heck of a lot easier and cheaper for a manufacturer to install "options" when they initially build the car - before door and trim panels are installed. You will likely pay more because someone now has to remove panels / parts, in order to install these options, and then put everything back together - it does take time.

But as I mentioned in a previous post, there are options. You don't have to have the dealership install many of these parts. I saved quite a bit by having a local auto accessory dealer install some Mazda items for me. And, in the case of the Satellite radio, you could always go the route of the portable add-on type, which plugs into the MP3 port...that's what I did.