Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hackdhackd Posts: 65
    I closed a deal today for $1K under invoice on a Touring AWD w/moonroof/liftgate/bose so I would think your offer is fine. 0% financing and I am not currently a mazda owner so no extra discount.
  • fantfant Posts: 25
    What was your total OTD as i'm looking for the same exact config. And what State are you in?
    NY....OTD was $35,091
    Can you let me know which dealer in NY? I'd luv to get the same deal.
  • I got the 34.5K with roof racks and about 400 worth of other stuff, you just need to call a dealer and tell them you have the costco deal. Costco starts you off at $400 below invoice. So if you are not getting below invoice, you are not getting a good deal. After that I went back and forth and got it below dealer cost. They called my deal the looser because they lost so much money. anything I asked for the sales guy threw in because at that point it was a sale to him. I got wheel locks, mud flaps and that rear gate guard thing for free on top of the roof racks.
    Was deciding between the CX9 and Pilot for the last week and finally went with the CX9. I had a Honda dealer send me great pricing but refuse to be show anything OTD. I finally advised them I had bought a car and I was no longer looking for a car. I received a backhanded congrats with a comment they could have beaten the deal. I replied back it would have been tough to beat a CX9 deal since they are a Honda dealer.

I actually got a reply back they could have gotten me a better deal on the Mazda as they "know people"....I think some of these dealers actually start believeing their own BS.

By the way both great cars but financing on the CX9 and interior quality just won me over.
    Not sure if you were actually talking to me....got my deal at Wantagh Mazda in Long Island. Negotiated using emails and took a 5 minute trip to the dealership to sign the contract...no gimmicks and BS...great experience.
    Darn i wished you told me earlier. I picked up a cx9 awd touring with moonroof/liftgate package in dolphin gray / sand from a dealer in LI for about 35.9k OTD with the 0% financing this past weekend. Lowest I could find was about 35.6k and that dealer didnt have this color combination in stock. Not the best price but it was hard to find that color combination and the 0% saves me a crapload anyway.
    If it makes you feel any better they did not have the dolphin color with the features you wanted...just black, white, and red.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    I've been looking for a CX9 Grand Touring FWD (with Bose/Moonroof, Power Tailgate, Navigation & Tow Prep Pkg) in Dolphin Gray with Sand interior in the L.A. area. The Mazda website shows 11 in Dolphin Gray with those options within 100 miles of L.A. But of those 11, only 2 have Sand interior...it's a tough combination to find, but it looks fantastic!

I'm shopping for my cousin who lives in L.A. and a light-colored interior is a requirement for her. She also doesn't wants a lighter exterior color, which rules out Stormy Blue, Black, Copper Red. Silver only comes with Black interior, so it's off the list. That only leaves two choices- Crystal White Pearl (CWP) or Dolphin Gray. We may have to go with the CWP if I can't get as good of a deal on a Dolphin Gray one. There are 21 Crystal White Pearl CX9 Grand Touring FWD models within 100 miles of L.A. I think it's a safe bet that I can negotiate a better deal on one out of 21 (CWP) rather than one out of only two (Dolphin Gray).

She's fine with CWP, but she's been driving a 2007 Lexus GX470 in the same color for the last three years (they call it Blizzard Pearl). Then again, I'm just glad that she likes the CX-9 quite a bit more than her 3-year old Lexus AND she even prefers it over a brand new Lexus GX460 that we test drove! That says a LOT about the CX-9! Now I want one....
    Its worth a little more for the dolphin/sand combo and for the change of color but the pearl white doesnt look bad at all and oddly has an extra charge for it. looks like 0% extended thru labor day weekend ... will they just keep extending it?
  • Is the TrueCar Guaranteed price includes the 1000 cash rebate or not? Also does it include all the Doc Fees etc.? TrueCar's dealer cost is about 1500 below invoice.

I will content if I can just get TrueCar price with 0% APR without any extra fees.
  • It's actually been extended thru 9/30/10 already. I thought the new models usually rolled out in Sept but a dealer told me during my test drive the other day that only some models are coming out in Sept, the 2011 CX9 will not be released until late Dec. If he's correct we might see the 0% extended even further on CX9 and other late releases but there's no way to know.
    Darn i didnt need to rush then. That means they are still making the 2010 ones?
  • Just purchased CX-9 GT AWD with RES, Nav & power liftgate package for 35,977 (excludes TTF)...already signed the dotted line, but hoping I made a decent deal. Only dealer in area that had the color and options I was looking for. Also got the zero percent financing, but they would have took and addition 1K off if it was a cash offer...but the 0% outweight the difference.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    That means they are still making the 2010 ones?

I have 15 CX-9's that just left Japan. I should be done with 2010's by late October and 2011's should get here some point in November.
  • crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    Any new incentives for the CX-9?
  • Finally bought Dolphin Gray Grand Touring with Remote Starter, Bumper Guard and Cargo Cover past weekend. MSRP 35700, OTD 33550 with 0% APR, owner loyalty rebate applied and Tax Rate 6.25%.

Plan to install Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT in dash navigation and DVD system later on.
  • I have read some posts indicating that the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT does not fit in the CX9 dash. Too shallow apparently due to some other wires/cables running in the back of the available space. Do a search with Crutchfield or call Pioneer to confirm.
  • What do you folks think is a reasonable price for the following?
    My 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD MSRP $ 34,215
    Destination Fee $ 780
    273-hp 3.7L DOHC 24-valve V6 Standard
    4-Wheel Drive Standard
    6-Speed Auto Standard
    Colors
    Exterior: DOLPHIN GRAY MICA change color
    Interior: SAND LEATHER change color
    Packages and Options
    CARGO NET $40
    WHEEL LOCKS $50
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR $70
    CARGO MAT $80
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $125
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS $125
    REAR BUMPER STEP PLATE $150
    ROOF RACK $250
    REMOTE ENGINE START $350
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE REAR HATCH $400
    TRAILER HITCH AND WIRING HARNESS $425
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM $1,665
    MOONROOF/BOSE $2,255
    No packages or options have been selected
    Total MSRP: $40,980*

I am not a previous owner. I am not terminating a lease. Probably would take advantage of 0% financing for 60 mos if there are no fees involved. Haven't gotten a straight answer from this one dealer I'm negotiating with as to his 'fees' but I can deal with that.

What say folks?