Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pf2001pf2001 Posts: 110
    Hi Lukes6,

Well, the 750 deduction was already included. I think they could have went down farther.

I went with the 11 GT AWD with moonroof, powergate, mud guards and remote starter for 34,000 with .9/60.
  • lukes6lukes6 Posts: 35
    Nice! I came to the same conclusion. The 2010's weren't discounted to the point were I felt good about the price verses taking a hit on a new vehicle that was a year old. Plus I really could fine one with everything I wanted. I was also trying to do a trade in with the deal but they really didn't want to give me much for. I decided to drive the wides SUV a little longer and sell myself. Will work on finding a 2011 CX9 I like with the options I 'm looking for later. Enjoy your CX9! The 3.7/6 speed trans is a nice trouble free combo. I have the same in my 09 Mazda6 and it scoots.
    Thanks lukes6. This is my first Mazda. I heard nothing but good things about this vehicle and glad that the Mazda tranny is better than others...
  • dc2011dc2011 Posts: 6
    I have a quote of 33,830 (excl. T&T) for a 2010 GT AWD with moonroof, navigation, power liftgate. Is this a good deal? I am in the DC area.
  • agbiggsagbiggs Posts: 19
    I recently bought in N. Virgina and paid a bit more than that (and thought I got a good deal), although I also had the Bose audio. What's the MSRP for the car you're looking at?
  • dc2011dc2011 Posts: 6
    MSRP is 39,365.
    The spec is GT AWD, Bose, Moonroof, Navi, liftgate. I'm looking in Montgomery County, MD
  • sufia315sufia315 Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    My husband and I were looking to buy a new 2010 Mazda CX9 sport that we went to see at the dealer. We test drove the car and liked it but the breaks made a funny noise which he said was because it hasnt been driven in a while but that after 10 or so miles it should be fine. Is this true? About the price:He began to tell us that because it is a left over from last year's inventory that he was willing to give it to us at his "invoice price" which was according to his "print sheet" $28,000 OTD with 0% financing. This didnt sound right to me at all because my sister bought the EXACT, color and all, same 2010 CX9 at 0% on a deal for $28,000 OTD one year ago in the first week of february. Also, the tax in my state is half the amount of hers so i really knew he wasnt being honest. I felt something was wrong and explained to him why and he said hmm thats odd i dont know why the dealer would give the bottom price at the beginning of the year. He said if i was to pay up front that I could knock off another $3000. Making the offer about 26,100 OTD. He was stuck on his price until of course I thanked him for his time and said i would like to think it over upon when the the boss came over and said he would be able to knock off another $400, making the new OTD price 25,700 up front. He said this was the last he was able to let it go for even though its left over inventory because he was technically "losing" money even at this last price. I just don't believe that, was he just trying to make us feel bad? I mean I understand that the dealer has to make money as well but this is our first car buy and we really need the help. How fair is this deal? We just don't want to be duped. I'd appreciate any help/advice/opinion! Thank you!
    Sufia315-

Yes, new cars that sit on car lots for weeks or months usually build up some surface rust on the brake rotors which can cause some noise when driven. Usually will go away within a few miles of driving and braking.

As far as purchasing a 2010 CX9 Sport - go to www.kbb.com or truecar.com and look up a 2010 CX9 Sport and add the options on the vehicle you're looking at. This will give you the MSRP, Invoice, and what others are paying in your area prices so that you can verify what the dealer told you the invoice price is. Print these out so you have proof when you go to the dealer.

If you want to take advantage of Mazda's 0%/60 mos financing on a 2010 CX9, you can probably shoot for $1000 to $1250 below Invoice. Don't know if the dealer told you , but Mazda is offering $750 cash back on 2010 CX9 models. I considered that in the $1000 to $1250 below Invoice that I mentioned.

If you bring your own financing or pay cash, shoot for $4000 to $4250 below Invoice. This would include the Manufacturer to dealer incentive of $3000 (if you don't take the 0%/60 Mazda option) plus $750 cash back to customer.

Keep in mind, this is a year old 2010 model. Don't let them make you feel too bad. They do want to move this year old model. Good luck!
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,261
    See what the fake 0% pricing does to sales? Deceptive means wary customer.

Regards,
    OW
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    See what the fake 0% pricing does to sales? Deceptive means wary customer.

It seems Mazda had their best month EVER last month selling CX-9's and finished up almost 25% YoY. Yeah, this so-called "deception" has really deterred people from buying the CX-9.

People come here for advise and help and spreading lies based on nothing but personal opinions helps no one.

Get real...
  • mrnadirmrnadir Posts: 17
    I bought the sport with heated seat option for $24300 before tax and $250 fees. And I did not even get the 0% apr. But I was picky about the color.
    If you pay anything less than what I paid last month, it would probably be a good deal.
    also, edmunds and truecar is crap. try zag (amex) to get a feel for a better price.
    HA! Lies like 0% financing? Who needs to really GET REAL?

Regards,
    OW
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Last I saw, you can finance a CX-9 at 0%. There have been numerous people posting in here about their purchase of an interest free loan on the CX-9.....How is it a lie?
  • Are you still entitled to the .9%/60 financing?
    edited January 2011
    2010 has 0/60 and 2011 have .9/60 finance until the end of the month.
    Because you get 2 prices after you negotiate tot he end....cash price and the +$3,000 for the 0% Financing....

That's how it's a lie.

Regards,
    OW
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,946
    Really... your beef is with the dealer..

This is how most makes do their incentives... you can have the 0% or you can have the cash..

Your dealer didn't let you know that upfront.. .shame on them..

But, you are ranting against what is common practice.... not just Mazda.

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thank you so much for those sites and that advise! They really helped and i felt a lot more comfortable! We made a deal for $25,500 OTD which i feel great about since the truecar site said it was better than the GREATEST price paid that was listed! The car included heated seats, roof rack, and power seating:) THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Excellent! Though I'm not familiar with CX9 Sport pricing off the top of my head, it sure looks like you walking the first day and then doing the research payed off. Did you still get the 0%/60 financing at that price? Enjoy your new CX9!
    But, you are ranting against what is common practice.... not just Mazda.

Oh, the dealer let me know and it's deceptive no mater common practice.

Call it cash price and price with dealer financing, OK. It just is not 0%. :)

Regards,
    OW