Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• c80c80 Posts: 10
    Here is the quote I received from a dealer in the Bay Area:

2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    MSRP: $ 34,785
    Destination Fee: $ 795
    Packages:
    MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE $2,255
    POWER MOONROOF
    BOSE 9-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    Individual Options:
    NAVIGATION RDS BASED W/REAL TIME TRAFFIC $1,665
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE LIFT GATE $400
    REAR BUMPER STEP PLATE $150

Total MSRP: $ 40,050
    Internet dicounted Price $ 34,399 (before destination, TTL)
  • cericceric Posts: 1,093
    edited July 2012
    For GT AWD, the target price should be
    about $5500 off MSRP + another $1K off if you currently own a Mazda.
    Your price is decent if you do not own a Mazda currently. :)
    (based on recent July 4th promotion)
  • vvvvvvvvvv Posts: 1
    c80, which dealer did you get this quote from? I'm also in the market for a CX-9 in the Bay Area. Thanks.
  • c80c80 Posts: 10
    @vvvvv: Menlo Mazda. If you need more information, send me your e-mail address.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,906
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• texasmaxtexasmax Posts: 5
    All-

Looking to move real soon on a CX-9 GT FWD moonroof/bose+liftgate in North TX, for a 12k/36month lease... anyone know what sort of residual I'm looking at (at least, through Mazda/Chase)? Currently in an expiring Mazda lease now (2010 of the same exact thing + Nav, need to dig up the lease and see what residual we had back then).

Sticker on this, incl. dest., is 37,185. Trying to figure out how low I can take this, any input would be appreciated, and searching as we speak.

Thanks!
  • sbaleasbalea Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new 2012 CX-9 GT AWD. The dealer has several seemingly identical vehicles in stock, however, two of them are listed at about $300 less MSRP. Dealer claims there was a price increase about a month or maybe 6 weeks ago, and the two cheaper ones are from before the increase. He also claims the vehicles are otherwise identical.

Is this for real? Has anybody heard of this? If it's true, I would have no problem going with one of the cheaper vehicles, but I would like to be sure there is no difference.

Thanks
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,906
    It happens all the time....

Most car makes have mid-year price increases..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ak1900ak1900 Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am getting this for $34,000 + tax/doc-fees etc..
    Is this a good deal ? I am existing Mazda owner
    so that discount is already rolled in...This is
    in MA.

Packages:
    MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE
    POWER MOONROOF
    BOSE 9-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    Individual Options:
    NAVIGATION RDS BASED W/REAL TIME TRAFFIC
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE LIFT GATE
    REAR BUMPER STEP PLATE
    ROOF RACK
    This seems too good to be true. The invoice price for this configuration is 38662. With a 1750 dealer incentive, 1000 customer incentive and 500 loyalty credit you get down 35412. Even if the car predates the recent price bump, that only accounts for an extra $350 or so. I'd be a little bit suspicious, the dealer must really want to get rid of this car. Get a quote for all the fees they'll charge you, maybe the plan to make it up on the fees.
  • ak1900ak1900 Posts: 3
    Hi There,

Just to let you know the final numbers..Here is the deal I got.
    Let me know if that is OK ?

Packages:
    Rear seat Entertainment Package
    Navigation Package
    GT Power Liftgate Package
    Rear Step Plate

$34,250 + Taxes + $300 (doc prep) + $150 (Regn)

They offered me CNA extended warranty (10Y/120K) for
    $1732. Is that a good price ? It is called Factory Wrap Plus
    warranty and covers most of the items. $100 deductible.
    Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    If the car is ok, (brand new, no test driver / demo vehicle, no issues with it, etc) then take it, it's a great deal. About the warranty, not sure, you might want to shop around.
  • steve439steve439 Posts: 14
    The lowest quote I have gotten so far for a 2012 CX-9 AWD Touring with no other options is $28,787 plus tax and DMV. Is this a good price? Does anyone know a place in New Jersey where I can get better?
    Researching the incentives it states dealer to manufacturer $1750 and 0% financing with $1000 off. It seems from the Edmunds incentives that these can be combined. The dealer insists that it is one or the other. Does anyone know the truth?
  • 2012 CX-9 AWD Touring for $28,787 is better than any price that I have found so far in New Jersey. Which incentives does this include? Are you taking the 0% financing? Which dealer quoted this price?
  • I was told by the dealer I visited is the incentive is $1000 dealer cash and 0% financing or an additional $750 dealer cash. You cannot combine the financing and $750 incentive.
  • mytangomytango Posts: 1
    Where in NJ is this dealership?
  • It is Hamilton Mazda in Hamilton NJ.
  • dman127dman127 Posts: 2
    Currently looking at the AWD Touring, with Liftgate & Bose/Moomroof options and without.

Getting prices roughky $600 below MSRP. Not use the Mazda Loyalty or Trade rebates.

My question is:
    Is anyone getting $6000 off MSRP AND 0% financing? I am being told that it would be $4000 off if I want the 0% offer.

Thanks for your help!
    edited August 2012
    I found very good pricing through truecars.com. Also if you buy in New York the dealer doc preparation fee is maximum of $75 by state law where New Jersey dealers usually charge anywhere from $300 to $400.

Does anyone know if Mazda usually comes out with additional incentives over Labor Day week-end?