Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mdwnbmdwnb Posts: 8
    Very interesting. On a side note. I drive a BMW 325i with sports tuned suspension and large high performance tires..and triptronic. I LOVE my car and will be mourning the end of my lease in 20 days. I have been spoiled by the handling on my car and have found it difficult to downgrade in cars. I test drove the Mazda 3 with 2.3L and liked it enough to buy and pay off in 4 years and hand down to the daughter. I sat in the CX-9 and seems very comfy but did not test drive. The dealer however had a surcharge of 10K for limited availability (THEY MUST BE DOING DRUGS)they also had a surcharge of 5K on the CX-7! These dealers hear in Miami are vile and vicious. The sick part is that most consumers put up with that and accept all that added crap on the car. Mileage seems crappy for the CX-9 and I am still biased on the BMW. I test drove the X3 and loved it. By far the funnest little sort of cross over. Would like to see what the reliability and residuals would be on this car first. My 2 cents.
    BMW Lover For Life (Owner in my next after life) :cry:
  • cjazoomcjazoom Posts: 9
    Less than a week ago, I bought a stormy blue GT CX-9 for $2,000.00 below MSRP. I called around different dealers in the So Cal area and they all were offering me about the same discount off MSRP. I went with my local dealer because they were the only ones who had the stormy blue in the entire area. I guess they say it's the hot color. I'm lovin it.....can't wait to get off work to go drive it! :)
  • laker34laker34 Posts: 28
    Which dealer in So Cal did you purchase your car from? Also, what kind of interest rate were you able to get?
    I bought the Grand Touring with navigation, bose, moonroof, auto dimming mirror and remote start. I believe those were all the extra options I purchased. Oh and I bought it at Patterson's Mazda in Tustin. The auto-dimming mirror was already installed and it wasn't an option I wanted, but I sure am glad I have it now. It makes an incredible difference at night, it reduces the glade tremendously! So total price was $36,100.00. My interest rate was 6.75% because I went super long term. Probably could have gotten lower if I didn't want such a long term.
  • remmibremmib Posts: 32
    Seems like you got a good deal. Is this a AWD or FWD?
    I went to Mazda web site to build with your options. For FWD MSRP is $37730 and AWD $38930, so you are getting slightly less than $2000 off for FWD or more than $2500 off for AWD?
    My MSRP was $38,100.00
    I got the FWD. Didn't think I needed the AWD and I didn't want to lose any on the gas mileage.
    So how do you like the CX-9 so far? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the CX-9 or the Saturn Outlook/GMC Acadia. Did you test drive other SUVs (or CUVs) before you purchased the CX-9?
  • srinaldisrinaldi Posts: 22
    You must have got something more than that. The FWD Grand Touring with Bose/sunroof runs MSRP $35030 and the remote start $350 and auto dim mirror $250 for a grand total MSRP of $35630.
    I think you're forgetting to add the $595 destination charge.
    I absolutely love it.....

The stereo is awesome, the handling is fun. The ride is just a bit hard but what do you expect with those big wheels. The cabin is quite and luxurious. And my favorite feature is the bluetooth that is navigated by voice. My only qualm is the lack of trip computer.If I had a choice of driving my boyfriend's lexus gs or the cx-9.....I'd say I'd rather drive the cx-9!

I didn't test drive any of the ones you mentioned, but i test drove the jeep wrangler and the jeep grand cherokee. I actually ordered a rubicon wrangler. But my commute is going to increase to about 85 miles a day so I thought I needed something with better MPG and a better, smoother ride.
    I went back and looked at my window sticker and I also had satellite radio, $430.00 How could I forget, the first thing I did was go home and have my account transfered from my trade-in to my new car. Oh and the car came with 6 months of satellite.
  • remmibremmib Posts: 32
    Now things add up ;) The rear hatch on the two CX-9s I looked at can be closed with one hand but do need some effort. My wife wants to wait for the power liftgate...

The dealer said power liftgate option can be ORDERD in April and probably takes another 2 months before it'll arrive.

Do you find the rear hatch hard to close on yours?
    Yes, it is hard to close. I'm thinking in the future that might be an option I can have installed. But then again, it's just another elect. component that can break down. I can live with the hard to close.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    The dealer said power liftgate option can be ORDERD in April and probably takes another 2 months before it'll arrive.

FYI...All orders going in this month forward will be for the 2008 model. This months orders will be for Aug/September arrival.
  • 99zoomr99zoomr Posts: 55
    Hi. I've had my GT for a little over a week now. I didn't think the hatch was really that hard to open and close, but I also don't think it's an easy one-handed operation. Mine came with the Rear Seating Entertainment System which my daughter really enjoys. So far it's proven to be a very good buy! I'm having the splash guards installed next week... :)
  • zplnfanzplnfan Posts: 18
    After considerable research and many test drives - 4 of Acadia and 2 of Mazda CX-9 and 1 each of Ford Edge, Rav 4, Santa Fe, and Mirano - I just ordered an Acadia. I was torn on the CX-9, but ultimately the slightly smoother and more quiet drive and the ease of the manual transmission mode sold me on the Acadia. And going from a convertible, I REALLY like the two sun roofs on the Acadia. If you're not in the market for the things that sold me on the Acadia, then I think you'd be really happy with the CX-9 too.

My comments on the other cars - Rav 4 has many advantages, but the ride was rough - about the same as the Santa Fe (which, by the way, has excellent safety ratings and the new design can compete with the best of them). The Edge's braking was totally UNacceptable. It had been my favorite before test drives (also has two sun roofs) - afterward, my least fav. The Murano was fine, but didn't offer the third row seating. I'm a researcher when it comes to making major purchases, but my choices are driven first by the appearance of the car - I have to like walking up to it every time I go to work or leave the office. So the safest car with the most features at the lowest price has no appeal if I don't like looking at it.

Hope that helps.
    The Acadia was a very nice vehicle. I didn't test drive it, but like the looks and the available dual roofs (wish the rear actually opened). My only complaint was the lack of tiptronic and if you load it comparible to the CX-9 it was a little more.

I based part of my decision on the past ratings of GMC's Envoy which was rated poorly. Either way both the CX-9 and the Acadia are new with no reliability history.

I can tell you now the one disadvantage of cleaning the CX-9 (washed it today for the first time) is the roof is very hard to reach (20 inch wheels). I had to pull out the ladder and wipe off the roof.
  • wareverwarever Posts: 28
    I took a test drive of the CX-9 today (and am also in So Cal). None of the semi-nearby dealers had any GT AWD's with NAV; based on the comments here, I tried Tustin Mazda. They had a couple. Right on the showroom floor was the vehicle I'd possibly want - deep blue, black interior, NAV, moonroof. It also had the towing package, which I could care less about. MSRP was $38,855.

I also wanted the tonneau cover and the mirror/homelink which they said they'd add - for well OVER what the options cost (total of $807 - $540 for just the mirror/homelink and installation).

I first asked about a lease. With $2500 drive-off, 39 months, they quoted me MSRP plus the extras. Money factor was a whopping .00241 (and that was before they even checked my credit; they were supposedly using tier 1 numbers or just under) and a 56% residual. They quoted $643/month including the 8.25% CA sales tax. I calculated it out and got something like $615. Not sure where the extra $30 a month came from - and they couldn't explain it, either.

Eventually, they came down to $586 a month (they took some off the selling price).

Then I asked about financing, since it wasn't all that more for a 72 month loan than the lease. Well, they couldn't offer the same discount. They'd give me a total of $1,000 off MSRP - plus the full cost of the extras (which is much higher than if they had been in the car from the factory).
    With the same $2500 down (but none going to acquisition fees or first month lease since there isn't one), roughly $350 in DMV fees (I'm guesstimating) and with 72 months at 6.99%, payments would come out to around $676.

Personally, I think they should give me a bit more off on the car (I haven't given an ok yet - we went off to dinner (in my OWN car - they wanted to ensure we'd be back by letting us take the CX-9) and didn't return). I also think they should give me the extras for much closer to what they'd be as built-in options; it isn't exactly MY fault that they were stupid enough to order a basically loaded car without something as simple as the mirror/homelink option.

Comments?
  • wareverwarever Posts: 28
    And adding to my diatribe (grin)...

I'm at a loss as to whether to get a CX-9 or a Lexus RX350. I'm at the end of my lease on an RX300.

I don't have kids so realistically, the 3rd row of seats is pretty useless - however as a computer consultant, the extra space (100 cu. ft. vs 80 for the Lexus) is useful.

I think the CX is prettier. My current vehicle is that deep blue as is my fiancee's Lexus IS. Getting that same blue CX would be nice - I just love that color.

The RX gets a bit better gas mileage. It has better acceleration and better braking; the CX just "feels" heavy. I think the Lexus seating is more comfortable, especially with a 10 way driver and passenger seats versus the Mazda's 8 and 4, respectively. The ride in the CX isn't bad at all, but the Lexus just feels more "luxury." Wouldn't be bad if the CX were trading some off-road capability or something but it isn't, in fact, the specs I saw rated the approach and departure angles as being much higher for the Lexus than the Mazda (that's how steep a hill you can go up or down). The Mazda has that nice 6-speed manual-override transmission versus the Lexus standard 5-speed, but I think it would make more of a difference if the Mazda actually could "zoom-zoom" (but being as heavy as it is, it doesn't).

Lexus has a better warranty all around - 1 year more on bumper to bumper, 1 year more on drive train, 1 year more on corrosion (which isn't much of an issue in California).

I can lease an RX350 AWD for $574 a month for 48 months. Certainly, leasing a CX-9 for $586 for 39 months isn't a good deal - more money for what amounts to a cheaper vehicle. Buying an RX350 would be way too expensive. I'm way low mileage so leasing isn't an issue - and with my own business, leasing is an easier and greater tax writeoff.

So it seems to boil down to leasing an RX or buying the CX. And whether I want more space in a bigger car that's probably not quite as nice.
    It seems you would be happier with the Lexus. You really don't need the extra space and the accelaration is better on the Lexus with more of a luxury feel-that seems to be the way to go.

The only reason I would not go that route is the fact it is a business writeoff. Since that is the case and it is not really costing you the same as "you" paying for the payments, it would be a nice way to "test out" the CX-9.