Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• volfan3volfan3 Posts: 9
    I emailed. They gave me a price of $28k on a sticker of $34.4. About $1500 worse than your deal. I'm not a mazda owner so I figure I'm not going to get that $1,000, but I was hoping to get the other $500. I would like to trade in my current car, which is most of the reason I'm buying new instead of getting a slightly used one through auction, which I have access to. Had a bad experience last time I sold a car myself and don't really want to deal with that again. I am calling tomorrow to discuss if I can get a price, or at least a "range" or general expectation for my trade unseen, but if I drive all the way up there only to have them back out on the trade price or make a really low ball offer because they know they have me, my blood pressure will go through the roof. I'll leave, on a matter of principle, but it will tick me off to no end. I guess it's a matter of trust. I can tell you right now that I would not trust my local dealer enough to drive across town. I hope your experience is representative!
  • ldislerldisler Posts: 82
    Left a deposit on a in stock Mazda5 @8:00 pm. Called them @2:00 the next day to cancel the deal and they refuse to refund my deposit. The salesman never said
    it wasn't refundable. What do I do now?
  • danz75danz75 Posts: 7
    What do the terms of the agreement state?
    In most cases, deposits are usually not refundable because that means that the item is reserved for you and it's an indication that you're interested and want the dealer to hold the car for you.
    I would refer to the terms of agreement when you put down the deposit.
  • nuzynuzy Posts: 54
    Hopefully you used a credit card rather than a check. If you used a card, you can try to dispute it with the card company. If not, you may be sol.
  • dbcafyqx4dbcafyqx4 Posts: 8
    Hi,

I will be picking up my 2009 CX-9 GT AWD tonight. I am considering the extended warranty. What price should I be expecting to pay for this? What are your experiences with this service?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • cericceric Posts: 1,093
    It actually depends on your state.
    In CA, all deposits are refundable. The precedence has been set in CA court.
    All dealers know that.

One ugly way to get your money back is to sue them in small claim court.
    You need to file paperworks yourself (no lawyer needed). Small-claim is for $$$ less than 3000 (at least in CA). I bet if you tell the salesman that you will go to small-claim court (I hope that you have a sound reason why you want the deposit back...or you may lose the case there if it does go there.) for your money, most dealers will try to avoid the hassles and give you the money back. I can't be sure, though. It is your choice.
  • howardruhowardru Posts: 155
    I just got a CX-7 GT AWD. 120 Months, 100K miles for $1800 with $100 deductible with the Mazda EPP plan. This car has a turbo too. so the CX-9 should be comparable.
  • metalprofmetalprof Posts: 7
    Hey folks,
    Just bought an 09 CX-9 AWD Touring with Moonroof/Bose in KY, taking the $4K cash. MSRP was $35.8. We got it for base price of 28700 (no $1K customer loyalty cash). With TL/processing fees of 500, and 1700 in taxes, came to 30913 OTD. Bought it from Paul Miller Mazda in Lexington. They found exactly the vehicle we wanted and brought it down to us. Fairly painless negotiation. My guess is that they've got some kind of hidden volume incentives for the dealers -- their first offer was at 29.3, so we mainly just dropped all the processing fees in the final deal, and it went very quickly. Good luck hunting folks!
  • nuzynuzy Posts: 54
    We bought a 2009 CX-9 AWD Grand Touring w/ GT Assist and Moonroof/Bose for $33.3K inc destination. Sticker was $40.2K, so we got $6.9K off. I probably could have squeezed another couple hundred, but AWD GTs in this area are slim, and the color and options were right, so it wasn't worth dragging out. We did not qualify for the $1K loyalty. Pretty straight forward deal. Next step is to add aftermarket DVD headrests and a trailer hitch for a bike rack.

We really like the car, what a nice ride! We were down to the CX9 GT and Pilot Touring. We liked each car equally as well (with relatively small advantages and disadvantages to each). Our decision came down to availability and price. Honda isn't offering any incentives right now, so the price for a comparably equipped Honda would have been much more.
  • mjadhavmjadhav Posts: 5
    Can somebody provide me more details about the $4000 dealer marketing cash? Is that in place of the low financing?
  • jcpharmjcpharm Posts: 92
    Yes. It is "either/or" not both.
  • ap2009ap2009 Posts: 4
    Hi All,
    I am about to buy a 2009 CX-9 FWD GT here in Southern California. I am being quoted a price of $31,700 + TTL. The following packages are included
    GT ASSIST PKG, TOWING PKG and MOON ROOF- BOSE PKG.

Question for all the gurus here... Is this a fair price? Please let me know soon so that I can pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance
    I had ordered Consumer Reports New Car Price Service Report, according to that report: $31,350 + $2300 + $1960 + $525 = $36,135 ... minus $1500 rebate = $34,635.
    Looks like you are geting it for a lot less than what is quoted in this report. How did you manage to do that?
    I actually approached the Internet Sales Dept directly. Also, I did let them know that I am a serious buyer (willing to buy in the next 2-3 weeks), pre-approved thru credit union and that I am comparing prices with other dealers as well. Also, on edmunds, the TMV comes to $31,461. So, it seems like a good deal but still in the same range as others in the forum...
    Are they oferring you a $1500 rebate or $4000? Also, do you qualify for $1000 Mazda customer loyalty rebate?
  • danz75danz75 Posts: 7
    What's the MSRP or Invoice on that?

I bought a CX-9 GT Stormy Blue AWD with moonroof/BOSE and Tow Hitch a few weeks ago. I think it was $4500 off invoice. Did not get loyalty bonus since I dont' have a Mazda. Most of the internet quotes I got back were around $4000 off invoice. Inventory varies depending on the color and options.
    The invoice is around $39,300. I got several quotes, two of them offering over $7000 off MSRP, one is offering $6500 off MSRP.

I am not a current Mazda owner and hence do not qualify for the loyalty stuff.
  • webxplorewebxplore Posts: 4
    Based on my experience, the price is very good for a GT with nav(includes tow) and roof. Your price seems to be atleast 4500+ off invoice (assuming 39340 msrp) or 7500+ below msrp.
    Dealers seem to be pricing based on the available inventory. Here in the dfw area, I see that there are few gt's left with roof and nav. Not to mention the limited color choices. I got quotes anywhere from 33200 to 33700 (on an msrp 39585) and nobody is willing to go down.
  • Do you mind sharing which dealership in Southern California you're going through?
  • Can someone please tell me more about this 4,000 dealer incentive cash that I see posted about above? Is this nationwide? Is this being offered on all 09 CX-9's? Is it in addition to the $1500 manufacturer rebate being offered? (I should not that I am NOT using Mazda financing)

I want to purchase the base model with no options which is $29,820 plus destination. Invoice is around $28K. Anyone know what I should be able to get this for? Will I get the $4k + $1,500 off that price? =$22,500?