Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

Comments

• nathanttnnathanttn Posts: 3
    I see.. thanks for the info

I was quoted $26,200 drive out for the altima coupe 2.5s CVT with premium package and carpet/mats. Do you know if that is a fair price? Or it's a little high?

Thanks
  • ricko1ricko1 Posts: 1
    The car is amazing, just bought mine June 13th.

Got the 08 coupe 2.5 CVT for 25680.00 prem pkg (w/o fog lights)

that is 300 above invoice using the costco deal.

Getting window tint done by . . .

Dennis McMullin
    (951) 696 - 5047

Limo back and 35% front comes to 159.00 with lifetime warranty

Also, Dennis does house calls. he came to my house, did mine and my neighbors 100k BMW. Dennis is the real deal and the best rate.

Also Dale F. from quality nissan. (951) 676 - 6601

No hassle buying cars, no smoke and mirrors. just a straight forward price and he makes the numbers work in your favor. Dale is an awesome guy, he is USMC ret.

About the altima, 2.5 is good enough, better mpg and uses Reg gas. I drove the v6, i also felt it was to much power for that car. i got the 2.5 sliding in the turns, the v6 is a bit much unless your going in a straight line. Drives smooth, no need to upgrade the bose sound. Blue Tooth ready. CVT is very cool, constant power! Worth the money!
  • insearch1insearch1 Posts: 6
    I test drove the altima coupe in california and want to know the reliability factor. Nissan Altima's have had a lot of recalls over the years. The coupe handled itself really well and I was definitely swept away by the car. I was looking to get the honda accord coupe but caught the eye of the altima coupe. Follow ups with coupe reliability will be truly appreciated. I am seriously looking to getting a car to replace my 17 years old faithful.
    Help!
    How do you like your nissan coupe? Any problems with the car?
    Trying to get a follow up regarding coupe reliability since purchase. I am seroiusly thinking of getting one. How are you dong with your new ride? ANy recalls? Problems?
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,684
    Interesting that people are worried about Recalls.... Go to the TSB web site and check them out. Most of the recalls are really interesting, nothing that would stop me from buying a coupe... I have a 07 have 15K miles mine is a 2.5S w/ CVT, fully loaded minus Nav, I love it.. No problems at all, I'm averaging 31 MPG and living in PHX,AZ the AC is the best I have ever owned... Its not my first Nissan and it wont be my last....
  • madpistolmadpistol Posts: 126
    The interior of the Coupe is almost identical to that of the sedan. The only difference other than its size is that the coupe has a handbrake while the sedan uses a foot-operated parking brake. At the same time, the sedan has one more cup holder in the front. I also agree that while this is the first Nissan I've owned, providing that reliability holds up, this won't be my last.
  • frifallefrifalle Posts: 1
    Has anyone else had a squeaky noise in the steering column after the car has sat in the sun for a while? Mine's been doing this for about a month now, and my Nissan mechanic assures me that it's nothing. It's just that the plastic around the column is expanding, and thus, rubs against the other plastic making a noise. Once the car is cooled off in the garage, it quits doing it.
    No problem and here in PHX, AZ were we had 13 days over 110, I can say I havaen't had any issues that you are asking about...
    Thanks for the blog response. What is the TSB website? What made you buy the car? It's my 1st big purchase since I bought my now 17 yrs old car and I want to make a good decision about it. I appreciate any info. I am so taken by the altima coupe!
  • ron97ron97 Posts: 2
    Hi:

I recently purchased, yesterday a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5. Today I went our traveled 65 miles. 95% of the trip was highway driving, at 65 MPH with cruise Control. My average miles per gallon reach a big 14.8. I was surprised and the poor mileage to say the least. Has anyone experienced this and according to the dealer it will improve in several weeks. I purchased the car to save on gas and it seems that it's getting lower then my Grand Cherokee, which has a Hemi?

Any comments on MPG would be appreciated!

RJ
    Hey RJ, we currently have 2 08 Nissans, mine is a Altima Coupe 2.5S with CVT and the other is a Rogue SL. The first couple of tank fulls the miles got better. YOu didn't say what kind of transmission you have either, but give it a couple of tanks, the engine is tight... Current on my coupe I'm getting 31, the Rogue is getting 25.
  • ron97ron97 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feed back on the gas mileage. Today it moved upward to 15.9, not at all where I want t to be. However, on the bright side it's getting better. By the way my transmission is an automatic.
    give a couple of tanks...
  • catchcatch Posts: 3
    I decided on purchasing an Altima, but after driving 9 different cars 7 of them had a jittery steering feeling. The steering wheel had a distinct vibration in it as if the front end was not aligned properly or the wheels were not balanced. I noticed that all the cars that had this problem had Continental tires, and the ones that did not had Goodyears I believe. Has anyone noticed this problem and found out why?
    Nope I haven't had my coupe now for 9 months and love it, no vibrations at all. I have had continental tires for years and swear by them. It might be the road surface in which you are drving on that might be causing the vibrations.
  • coupe82coupe82 Posts: 1
    I have had my coupe for 10 months now and its white. There are 4 clear protection stickers on either side near the rear tires. They have turned black from the dirt and washings so I figured I should remove them because it looked bad....That was dumb!!!! :( Now the adhesive is stuck to my car and it wont come off!!! Im so upset and tried to remove it with armoral exterior wipes and it made it worse!!! What should I do can someone help please?!!!!
    Try goo-gone, but don't rub too hard not too sure what it might do to the paint...
  • tojoitojoi Posts: 1
    ;) I test drove a 2008 when it first came out. I LOVE IT. Good handling and love all the bells and whistles. Im trying to wait another year for the used ones to possibly start showing up, but they dont last long. Beautiful car.
    I bought mine used in Nov 07, it had 400 miles on it. It's fully loaded paid $25K mine is a 2.5S
  • Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else feel their coupes are prone to scratching!? i've had my for 10 months and the scratches just keep coming, i have no idea from where!?

I put one of my accounting books on the roof while i unlocked the door and then found many little scratches at that spot the next day...same thing on the truck lid

Any idea for removing them so that the dealership doesnt charge me up the @ss for them (i have a 2 yr lease)

thanks!
  • hi I just bought a altima coupe 2.5s (love it). the engines great but i was wondering how much does that little foam layer attached to the hood compress the sound of the engine and if it would sound alot better with that layer removed. if you can remove it. please help me out. thank you.

kyle.
  • mig29mig29 Posts: 3
    Hi all,

I'm considering getting the 3.5 Altima Coupe. I have some questions about the I-key.

Does the key unlock all doors when in range or can it be programmed to unlock just the driver's door? If I am filling up with gas I don't want the passenger door to be unlocked to allow anyone access.

I know the car doesn't have autolocks but will the doors stay locked if the car is in gear? If I'm sitting at a red light I don't want the doors unlocked.

Thanks.
    Regarding your question, when you walk up to your car and push the button on the door once, it well only unlock the door in which the button was pushed. So if you walked up to the car and pushed the button on the drivers door once, that is the only door that well unlock. If you push the same button twice then it unlocks all doors.

So for safty reason if you only unlock the drivers door the passenager door will still be locked.
  • mig29mig29 Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply but I'm referring to the proximity keyless entry system. It isn't necessary to push any buttons to unlock the door.
    Mig29, the I-Key is a proximity keyless system, but you need to push a button on the door handle to unlock the car. This is how it works on my 08 Altima Coupe as well as the 09 Altima's.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Works that way on the Altima sedan as well. You push the button on the handle once to unlock the driver's door, again to unlock them all (just like many remote-entry fobs do).
  • Hi I'm having a weird problem with my Nissan Altima '08 Coupe 3.5S.

When idling the car is actually physically shaking, this happens once I've started up the car driven somewhere and stopped at a stoplight. You can't just turn on the car and have this happen.

It also shifts very slowly between gears to the point where on my way to work this morning it actually slipped and didn't shift and I almost got into an accident.

I brought it in to Nissan this morning because the service engine soon light came on, and they said they found a cylinder misfire, but they couldn't find which one and they couldn't reproduce the problem. I find this hard to believe and am very angry and am willing to go to another dealership. The problem is the next closest dealership is highway driving and I don't want to chance that again.

Has anyone experienced my problems, and if so what steps did you or the service person do to fix it? I'm pretty pissed, I only have 6000 miles on this car.

Any ideas?
  • "It also shifts very slowly between gears to the point where on my way to work this morning it actually slipped and didn't shift and I almost got into an accident"

I'm assuming that from your saying "it" didn't shift, you have an automatic. If you do, your transmission does not shift at all--it is, as its name implies, continuously variable--simply stated, a metal belt riding up and down on pulleys between two cones, with the belts riding up and down in small increments which gives a seamless, shiftless drive.

As far as the other part, computer-controlled engines are sometimes very frustrating--the slightest problem with a sensor can cause all kinds of drivability problems--not like in the mechanical old days when a problem presented itself for all the world to see. Good luck!
  • Just picked up on Thurs. and I really enjoy driving this car. Very quick for a 4 cylinder, comfortable interior. I'm getting used to the light steering. I had a 2006 accord coupe and they really are quite different. Smaller and lighter equals better mileage. I located one with pzev emissions, which was a bit of a challenge, so the car is a nice combo of green and fun. Maybe one of the best available.
This discussion has been closed.