Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Ion Starting Problems

1363738394042»

Comments

• ckmokckmok Posts: 1

We are looking to purchase a car for our 16-year-old daughter. We are currently looking at a 2004 Saturn Ion 3, one owner, 101,000 miles, in very nice condition. The recall has been completed on it, so it has a brand new ignition switch put in at the dealership. It appears that there is one more recall item that has not been done yet: Recall #2014115 ELECTRIC POWER STEERING ASSIST. I'm assuming we could take that in anytime after the purchase to have it fixed. Any cautions about making this purchase? All the posts here are leaving me a little nervous about the car. But if the ignition switch replacement truly takes care of the starting problem, then I'm thinking it will be a good little car for her. Thoughts?

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,057

It's been my experience that at 100,000 miles, any inherent "defect" in a car has already shown up, and that of more concern are normal wear and tear items associated with any car with over 100,000 miles on it. So a pre-purchase inspection is, in my opinion, a more productive place to put one's money and concern. These are pretty good little cars and if it's been well taken care-of, should give reliable service.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!