Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Honda Odyssey

13»

Comments

• btran_1969btran_1969 Member Posts: 3
    I am in Austin Texas. I wanted light color.
  • btran_1969btran_1969 Member Posts: 3
  • v_a_t_nv_a_t_n Member Posts: 7
    A friend is selling her car and it has 19,000 miles on it. They are trying to get as much as possible for it and claimed the dealer offered them 25,000, therefore they want $26,000 from me. Seems a little high for a car with issues. It is in very good condition.

What to do about the run flats? Would you buy it?

Also some cars have break issues and all have road noise. Any other issues?

What would you offer her for that car? Or should I just go to a dealer for the EXL?

Thanks for helping!

Vicki
  • skatermomskatermom Member Posts: 2
    I choose not to buy the Touring Edition because of the tires. I was told that they cost a lot of money. I think regular tires cost enough. I have the EXL with leather, nagivation, and entertainment. I love it. I have no problems or noises either. What kind of problems does your friends van have? I'll sell you my van.
  • v_a_t_nv_a_t_n Member Posts: 7
    Her car is in excellent condition, she is getting a job relocation. Just not too thrilled with getting a PAX (run flats) car... Also the extra seat is missing, not that we need it right now.

We both love the car bought Oct 07. Her price came down to $24,000 so we might go ahead with it.

How much are you selling yours for? Is this the black one for $24 that I saw on the forums? Why are you selling yours?

Vicki
  • skap2skap2 Member Posts: 34
    Does anyone have their brochure for the 2007 Odyssey ? Can't find mine want it for my records. Willing to pay a few bucks for it, or will copy and return to you. Thanks much.
  • tedesco185tedesco185 Member Posts: 2
    We purchased a Honda Odyssey in 2007 new after sending e-mail offers to several regional dealerships that had internet sales departments and got the price we sought -- a couple of percent below invoice. The offer has to be fair, but there was acceptance at the time.
    We have enjoyed the vehicle and have taken it on several long trips. A solid performer to date.
    The only issue is that the in-dash Navigation System gives questionable routes/destinations occasionally and has a poor lookup function for area businesses, etc. (it seldom shows even long established stores in the local area cleanly).
  • jetzzsjetzzs Member Posts: 64
  • hondaownerinvahondaownerinva Member Posts: 4
    Today I was putting gas in my 2010 EX-L (bought Dec 09) and closed the driver door (which was unlocked) and then the door wouldn't open (note that at this time the engine was not on but the keys were in the ignition and the radio was on??? The passenger was clearly locked and the driver side door lock clearly appeared to be open. Went through much pain but finally got my secondary keys to the van and I tried the remote control unlock and it did nothing to the vehicle (ie...didn't unlock either passenger or driver side door). It wasn't until I put the spare key into the door that the driver door unlocked. Right after I got in the car I tried the remote control unlock and it still didn't work. About 30 minutes later I tried the remote control unlock and it worked and has been working all night tonight.

Anyone seen this...I saw thist post below sounding somewhat similar (ie...his van was running, but in my case the van was not running but the keys were in ignition and radio was on) but no one replied.

================
    #1 of 1 Odyssey 2007: Locked out!! by jetzzs Oct 23, 2008 (6:08 pm) Save | Reply
    Hi, I have a 2007 Odyssey EXL. Today on the way back from picking my daughter up from school, I stopped at the mailbox. I left the car running and got out. When I tried to get back in, the door would not open but the lock appeared to be unlocked. I was fortunate to have access to another key. I turned it in the lock and the lock popped up a little bit more.

I called the dealer and they said it was a setting you could set so the car would lock after you got out with the car running! That seems really weird. I looked through the owner's manual and it didn't say anything about this setting.

Has anyone had this problem? I would appreciate any insight into this problem! Thanks so much.
    ============
  • palmettotigerpalmettotiger Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any problems with the front driver tire? We have had the car 2.5 years and are going to have to replace the front driver tire for the second time. It wears very quickly and we cannot figure out why. We cannot afford to replace tires every year! Any suggestions?
  • sreisssreiss Member Posts: 65
    We've had our 07 the same length of time - no problems like that at all.

Did you have anyone take a look at it, or just replace the tire? Sounds like alignment, balance, or something very unique to your driving although I can't think what would affect only 1 of 4 tires.

How many miles have you put on the tires? Do you rotate them periodically?
  • tadptadp Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am going to buy a certified preowned Odyssey shortly and am debating between a 2007 EX-L with RES and a 2008 EX-L with RES.

Are there any major differences in the models. From what I can tell there is the minor facelift. Do both years have the variable cylinder management?

If I could find what I want in both years, but the 2008 were more expensive I am wondering which way to go?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
  • sonofknudsonofknud Member Posts: 50
    The 2008 has day time running lights and think the 2007 does not. Also does the 2008 have tire pressure monitoring that the 2007 does not? Also if you have an 8th seat the 2008 seat cannot collapse and store in the special compartment. The 2008 seat needs to be stored elsewhere but has a storage area that might not be in the 2007. I have owned a 2007 EX and a 2008 EX due to issues with the 2007 (actually owned a 2006 also wanted telescoping steering that came in the 2007). That is all I can recall. Believe the 2007 was the first year of a new transmission.
  • scottneighborsscottneighbors Member Posts: 1
    The A/C has "NEVER" worked in our 2007 Honda Odyssey. Dealership claims a small rock damaged the condenser. Cannot see damage with naked eye. I personally believe the condenser walls are too thin..defective. Honda refuses to pay for repair.
  • chikusrichikusri Member Posts: 8
    Call Honda Directly or go to a different Honda dealer - they might get that covered through Honda... I tried copule of dealers and finally was successful couple of years ago.
  • essiessi Member Posts: 1
    I have a leak on my condenser too. I was wondering If I could replace the condenser myself. Any advise appreciated.
  • chikusrichikusri Member Posts: 8
This discussion has been closed.