Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Hybrid Highlander Interior & Passenger Comfort Concerns

2»

Comments

• tkozytkozy Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2008 Hybrid Camry, all the options...love the car EXCEPT the heated seated. I have had alot of cars with heated seats and these are worthless. I have called the dealer today to get them to look at them, they said they have had no other complaints. I can't beleive that they won't get any hotter, I can't even tell that I have heated seats at all!!!
  • Hi, i have an 07 highlander with heated seats, i have been to the dealer twice because they don't heat.The dealer and toyota corp.say that they do heat to 80 degrees and that is factory spec's. I spoke to a lawyer that deals only with vehicle lemon laws, he took on my case and says that he has won many/every case(s) against toyota for this type of problem. I would go for it. If toyota is required to buy back my suv, then i have to pay 5% to the lawyer, 0% if nothing happened.
    Stand up for your rights!!!
    Bob
  • stevegoldstevegold Posts: 185
    The heated seats in or 07 HH get really hot. There is not doubt that they're on.
    I wish they had a high/Low switch.
  • note:The 08 hh has low/high switch and heats well. Our 07 camry seats heat well. The luther dealership tech says that at least 15- 07 hh he has seen have had poor heaters, he says he is not authorized to replace them.
    Thanks for the info.,
    Bob
  • Hi there: I have an 07 HH with the nav system where heat, a/c, radio, etc are controlled through the screen. I don't understand why when you are trying to get heat, and put the temperature on some high number like 80, why the A/C comes on. It requires me going into the Climate panel and un-clicking A/C so that only heat is coming out.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    For several reasons, too many to bring up here, most asian manufactured vehicles, or any vehicle using the NipponDenso/Denso US (two layer flow) climate control design, have a higher than normal propensity to build up the moisture level, RH, within the cabin.

You may have already noted this as it sometimes results in sudden and unexpected fogging of the interior windshield surface.

The ONLY reason for having the A/C operational when the OAT is significantly below your comfort setpoint is to (hopefully) dehumidify the incoming FRESH airflow.

There is a group of C-best options available for the Lexus series that may also be available for you that can be of great help.

a) The A/C can be disabled indefinitely (multiple restarts, etc.) by turning it off just once.
    b) The A/C can be "unlinked" from operating automatically in defrost/defog/demist mode.
    c) The climate control can be prevented from automatically switching from "heating" into "cooling" mode. Absent this setting the climate control will automatically switch from footwell outlet into footwell/dash and then dash only as the cabin temperature rises closer and closer to your comfort setpoint.

In footwell mode some slight level of "warm" airflow is intentionally routed to the interior surface of windshield to keep it (hopefully) above dewpoint.

The most recent "lot" of Toyota/Lexus products will now automatically switch back into heating mode if the OAT declines below ~34F where the A/C is disabled and thereby cannot be used for dehumidification.

Prior to (back to ~1968) these C-best options becoming available I simply disconnected the A/C clutch electrical connector throughout the winter months.

Google for:

wwest denso demist

or

Denso "two layer airflow"

or

Denso "ventilation loss"
  • Has anyone purchased seat covers for the 2008 Highlander Hybrid Limited, and if so, if you liked them, where did you buy them? Are they easy to put on and take off, and are they washable?

Thanks!
  • monte8monte8 Posts: 75
    "Has anyone purchased seat covers for the 2008 Highlander Hybrid Limited, and if so, if you liked them, where did you buy them? Are they easy to put on and take off, and are they washable? "

Remember that the 2008 HH has side airbags built into the front seats. Seat covers would have to be designed to allow them to deploy.
  • bradleytbradleyt Posts: 4
    Yes, from the web site listed below
    I bought a back seat cover from these folks , for the dog,
    decent.
    They have a good web site, I'd recommend calling them for verification once
    you locate what you're looking for.
    They send you 20% off coupons after you buy something from them.
    You may be able to negotiate up front with them .

www.autoanything.com
2»
This discussion has been closed.