Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Journey Crossover

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,150
    Chrysler gave their estimates. Its been posted here and discussed.

And I'm sure you know smaller doesn't mean squat. A 3-series is smaller than my Accord, yet weighs hundreds of pounds more.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• albookalbook Posts: 1,282
    I still refue to believe the Journey isheavier than the Pacifica- which at something like 4600-4800 lbs is one of the heaviest CUVs!

So from what I've heard the Chrysler version of Journey is cancelled.
    Doge Journey = only 3800-4000lbs. But mileage is prettybad for a vehicle of that size.
    maybe they'll revise their mileage estimates? Maybe the EPA will find differently when they test it? I dunno. If it really gets the initially projected mileage and it weighs under 2 tons, they've done something horribly wrong in development. Ugh!

maybe they'll revise their mileage estimates? Maybe the EPA will find differently when they test it? I dunno. If it really gets the initially projected mileage and it weighs under 2 tons, they've done something horribly wrong in development. Ugh!

The Honda Pilto is about the smae size and gets about that mileage.
    I did finally sit in the Journey at the autoshow, and while this is the vehicle chrysler needs right now, My problem is that it doesn't seem to stack up well against others. If I had a choice between this and the Hyundai Veracruz, I'd take the Hyundai in a second. I even think the Highlander is nicer (and I strongly dislike the Highlander). The only reason I wouldn't buy the Highlander over this is that the Highlander doesn't offer a split third row seat.

The Journey did have some nice storage features, like the in floor and passenger seat storage.
    The Honda Pilto is about the smae size and gets about that mileage.

Weight is the problem, not size (necessarily). If the Journey indeed comes in under 2 tons, that would be more than 500 lbs lighter than the Pilot. The Pilot also has 10 more horses. So, lighter and less power compared to the Pilot while achieving similar mileage would not be very competitive, IMHO. Hopefully it will trump it on mileage. We'll see.

Really, gas mileage isn't the issue (and actually, the Journey is longer than the Pilot, but that's beside the point). The real issue is that I don't think the Journey can stay competitive enough with other offerings from other brands. I'm not totally sure I'd call this a step up from the Pacifica.
    which matches my POV, too.
    our Pacifica has 7 months left in the lease. I'm 99.9% sure the Journey will not be replacing it in our driveway.

which matches my POV, too.
    our Pacifica has 7 months left in the lease. I'm 99.9% sure the Journey will not be replacing it in our driveway.

If the interior was nicer, I think that 99.9 would drop quick. What are you considering now?
  • rilerriler Posts: 1
    WE HAVE A 2006 PACIFICA. WE TEST DROVE THE JOURNEY AND AS U STATE THIS NOT GREAT GAS MILAGE FOR THE SIZE BUT BELIEVE ME THE SIX IS NOT UNDER POWERED IT WOULD EASILY LEAVE OUR PACIFICA IN THE DUST
    AND AS U STATE THIS NOT GREAT GAS MILAGE FOR THE SIZE BUT BELIEVE ME THE SIX IS NOT UNDER POWERED IT WOULD EASILY LEAVE OUR PACIFICA IN THE DUST

Okay- we get the message. I would have guessed so, as the Journey is smaller and much lighter, and the Pacifica, though it has a larger engine is much heavier.

So Power shouldn't be the factor turning any Pacifica owners away from Dodge dealerships.
    riler - That's good. But lack of power has never been much of a complaint for us concerning our Pac. I actually find it quite peppy off the line (which wasn't the case when it was new, but it has broken in quite nicely). It does lack a bit of highway passing power, but I partly blame the 4-spd tranny for that. Are you considering a Journey based on your test drive?

allbook - i believe the frontrunner right now to replace the Pac is a volvo V70. Although its likely we'll go used. We also like the FX35, but my wife is a bit concerned about the lack of cargo space.

allbook - i believe the frontrunner right now to replace the Pac is a volvo V70. Although its likely we'll go used. We also like the FX35, but my wife is a bit concerned about the lack of cargo space.

So I see you like the wagon esq. of the Pac (considering you want to replace it with a wagon). I love the FX- it looks great but it does have small cargo numbers.
    I thing it's sad that Chrysler couldn't take the time to properly remodel this vehicle. It had slow sales so they just chopped it. It had so much potential.
    Interesting you should mention that because I was thinking about it the other day. Does anyone happen to have a link to the Pac's sales numbers these past few years?

I just see SO MANY on the road, it makes me wonder.

I just see SO MANY on the road, it makes me wonder.

With so many incentives, they must have been nailed to the show floor!
    or severely overproduced, which has historically been a common habit of 'mericun manufacturers.

• WE HAVE A 2006 PACIFICA. WE TEST DROVE THE JOURNEY AND AS U STATE THIS NOT GREAT GAS MILAGE FOR THE SIZE BUT BELIEVE ME THE SIX IS NOT UNDER POWERED IT WOULD EASILY LEAVE OUR PACIFICA IN THE DUST

Riler - How was the journey test drive? I like the looks of the Journey and the interior features look amazing - how was everything in person? It gets 19 mpg city and 25 mpg highway which is pretty good for a crossover with third row seating! I'm impressed with it.
    It gets 19 mpg city and 25 mpg highway which is pretty good for a crossover with third row seating!

But that's with the 173hp 4-cyl.
    Not an engine I would personally want in a 3-row 2-ton vehicle. But to each his/her own.

But that's with the 173hp 4-cyl.
    Not an engine I would personally want in a 3-row 2-ton vehicle. But to each his/her own.

They say the 3.5 V6 has plenty of power, but the numbers aren't impressive. I bet that might turn some off.