Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Journey Crossover

Comments

• A reporter with a large national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who purchased a crossover vehicle in the past couple of months. If you are a new crossover vehicle owner, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Thursday, August 21st.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• An advertising agency would like to speak with satisfied Dodge Journey drivers. If you own or regularly drive one of these vehicles, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, October 31st.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• I have returned my Dodge Journey to my dealer four times for the same (and still unresolved) problems.
    It leaks from a faulty design in the headliner (according to the dealer where I bought it.) and the power steering pump seems to be faulty..it makes a growling sound when I make a powered left turn. The dealer said there was a recall on the power steering pump...they replaced it and the thing still growls at us.
    I was told of a recall on the rear latch at one Dodge dealer last July and my dealer said there was no such recall out there for this model.
    I have contacted a lawyer about starting a lemon law lawsuit against Chrysler Motors because they cannot resolve the issues. The dealer ordered a new headliner and I took it in for a replacement. However, without discussing it with me, they opted to attempt repairs on the original headliner because (they said) the one they received came in damaged and marred. Another thing the dealer keeps telling me is...and you will not believe this, "We did not design or build the car" I told them..."yep, we know that, but you sold it to me in good faith!"
    I love the ride, we get about 24 - 25 mpg on extended trips. the rear compartment was definitely not made to carry golf clubs.
    Now I am worried about all of the other problems listed in this forum...wiring harness, etc. Chrysler certainly hurried this one into production without ample testing it seems.
  • RE: Consumer Reports - December 2008. While not mentioning the Dodge Journey specifically, CR surveys the Big Three: "Chrysler trails the pack. Almost two-thirds of its products rate below average for reliability...The only above-average models are the Dodge Caliber hatchback and Jeep Patriot SUV".
  • Good Luck! as an FYI you do not have to use an attorney for the lemon law unless Chrysler refuses to deal with you. I bought a 2007 4 dr jeep wrangler and had a problem with it that warranted me threatening the lemon law. Chrysler ended up (after 9 months of negotiating) giving me my money back if I bought another vehicle from them. I ended up with this mess called the Dodge Journey. I have had problems with the electrical system, my gig, transmission and the leaky roof. I have had the transmission seals replaced, the sunroof replaced and a new ignition switch installed. I have had two recalls completed including the wiring harness and the lift gate and am currently having an issue with the TPMS light (tire pressure monitoring system) it will not go off. Mine is AWD with 19" tires and only gets 15-16 MPG. In general I am disgusted with the overall quality of this vehicle, overall it looks great and the seating is wonderful and if I was a girly - girl then that would be enough for me. For $30,000 you would think you could drive something that you could be happy with looking good and running well.
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    So, what do you think of it NOW, I wonder? Are you still pleased with it?
  • I do love my Journey but the 3rd row is kinda a joke a small child could fit but not a grown up. I do love the room in the front and in the backseat this is one reason we got it. I am 5'10 and my husband is 6'5 300 lbs so it is hard to find a vehical comforable for us both. We also have a baby on the way. Great for tall big people with room to spare. Lots and lots of storage space also!
  • the temp. display on my journey is in fahrenheit, has anyone had success changing this to celsius?
  • I cannot remember exactly how I did it but it is in the owners manual. They all come with Fahrenheit for some reason.
  • There are two recalls for 2009 Journey: 1) wiring harness on some 3.5L vehicles; 2) power train control module on some Journeys. See http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
  • prendyprendy Posts: 18
    HI!JUST READ YOUR POSTING ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY,TELL YOUR DEALER HE IS A LIAR,THERE IS A RECALL FOR THE BACK LATCH,I HAD MINE FIXED,AND THE WIRING HARNESS WAS ALSO FIXED,DON'T KNOW IF ALL THE JOURNIES HAVE THESE RECALL PROBLEMS,THERE ALSO WAS 2 MORE RECALLS BUT ONLY SOME OF THESE JOURNIES WERE INVOLVED,LOOK ON THE DODGE.COM SIGHT,YOU WILL SEE A SPOT FOR RECALLS ON THE SITE,HIT THAT AND THAT WILL TELL YOU ABOUT RECALLS OF THEIR PRODUCT,ALSO THERE IS A PHONE # DIRECT TO CHRSLER RECALL LINE,HAVE YOUR VIN # AVAILABLE BEFORE YOU CALL THEY WILL ASK YOU FOR THAT INFO,WHEN YOU CAll.

fred
    prendy100
  • my journey 2009 2.4l cauth on fire in my driveway luky i was at home the firemen tell me it came from the electrical wiering just near the driver seat.
  • i have all the same ploblem that you have the master cylinder,the brake light stay on they replace everything was ok until my car caught on fire.
  • Did you have any warnings .... like a weird burning smell? do you have heated front seats? The reason I am asking is that when I use the heated seats I smell a weird burning smell. Just started doing this and if my dealer was worth two beans and did not take 14 hours just to check something and I had to miss a day of work then I would have in in again...more problems than it is worth right now!
  • i was not in the cars was inside home the only warning was the car horn start by it self like when you push on the panic button i go to check what was the problem i open the door all the inside plastic door was melting and the side of the seat cauth on fire no heated seat in my car sorry for my riting i franch speaking
  • That is very interesting as daughter just call to tell me her care fire stared in the night with nothing going on wokeup to a burnt interior front centre. What did your dealer say. They told her husband that this is the first report of such a thing!!!!
  • the dealer dont no what to tell me, they dont no the exact cause off the fire ,no breaker or fuse blow off no response from chysler canada to replace my car. whitch contry or province your daugter buy her car.
  • I have a dodge journey rt has everything except the rear entertainment so far my wife and I love it 3.5 V-6 awd is very smooth quite and seems to have enough power for on ramps and passing. The sound system and nav has voice command works much better than the system we had in our 06 chrysler I like the 30 gig hard drive for pics music ect... gas mil. is better than we had from the 5.7 hemy. With the changing world we are in the journey is a good choice more extras for less than the competitors with the same goodies :)
  • tgstoopstgstoops Posts: 1
    We have had our journey for almost a year now. Had a problem with the brake module after 500 miles and the next week we have the ignition module replaced along with a torn boot on the cv joint after a 1000 miles. Other than that there has been no issues and we have 17000 miles on it now. Been a good vehicle even here in Minnesota in the snow. Tried a highlander(owned since new, a 07 camry w/55000 miles and never had an issue) but didn't like it as much and alot of others. Wanted the space which the journey had more than most for the price and nobody can compete with the warranty with the miles we rack up on a car. People complain about this being to small or things they want to change but they shouldn't complain because they should have requested a day test drive or really did some research on the vehicle before purchase. The only real complaint I have is so trim has begin to fail as in falling away from headliner. Maybe weak I dont know and the leather seats are not of good manufacturing since the leather has bunched up seriously where you sit in the seat. Doesnt seem right to me since most leather I have seen crack and not bunch. Has anyone had the trim issues or seat and tried to go to the dealer with them?
  • our 2009 Dodge Journey caught fire in the engine while driving. Got totally screwed over. Chrysler has done nothing to remedy the situation, Thank god we had gap insurance and we still have to pay $2,000 out of pocket for the taxes on a car we no longer have! Lemon lawyers are no help for us since it's already "paid off". Had it in the shop for strange smell a month prior to the fire. Total integrated computer module was on order but Antioch Dodge let us take the car home until part came in. This could have happened in our attached garage while we were sleeping!!! These are DANGEROUS cars!!! Anyone out there have this happen to them? Any ideas on how we should proceed? :mad: